What were the Finnish version of vikings?

What were the Finnish version of vikings?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sQAHPNZgpL8
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hakkapeliitta
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salme_ships
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Vikings were black

Horse Archers

Kek

Mongols

Well the the guys who looted burned down Sigtuna in 1187 were either Karelian Finns or Estonians or both.
Of course, some fucking Polack probably claims that was the work of Sarmatian navy.

>mongols>vikings

youtube.com/watch?v=sQAHPNZgpL8

Finnland always had vikings, but they were never Finns

Pretty sure assimilated Viking genes run in modern day Finns on the coast

they didn't have any

not ever

the Finns literally did nothing like that, or anything at all for that matter until the swedes arrived a few hundred years ago and showed them how fire works

that one guy from winter war who killed 12mil ruskies

>but they were never Finns

Well there was always a fucking interracial sex fest between Finnic men and Germanic women around here you know. It's hard to draw the line between Finn and pre-13th century Swedish settlement Germanics. They were fucked into the same biomass.

>mfw i could single-handedly beat the crap out of anyone in that show

They did just murder your forefathers in the last episode , how did you feel?

I don't watch that show regularly
Didn't knew that vikings went to central africa desu

Where is that? South of Porto?

Lisbon and Algarve to be more precise

They sailed to Mediterranian and on the entrance butchered a town of Saracens

*throat singing intensifies*

There's some arab chronicles were they talked about how vikings had the most perfect physique they have ever seen.
They won against them later using skirmish tactics and catapults.

That episode triggered me.

Mouros were supposed to be a ruling class but the show depicted a market square full of black people in the middle of the night. And basically everyone was black or arab looking.

I hadn't met a single black person until I went to uni in Lisbon ffs.

Sure it was supposed to be in Spain but it wasn't like that was it Sup Forums?

According to Tacitus the Finnish people were still hunter gatherers when the Romans arrived.

The last Kingdom is the dannish version of vikings
and it's nice too

Hakkapeliitat. If that's not too modern.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hakkapeliitta

That's not really accurate the map you have.

and no, finns never were much of a vikings

they raided Moroccan cities

Why nerds are so obsessed with VIKINRGRS?

Varangians

Is Vikings popular in Scandinavia?

The Vikings that founded Russia were Finns

Yank WE WUZing. Falsely misattributed to blacks when it's a problem endemic of the country in general.

Genghis Khan.

Ar*bs love disgusting wh*te features
Well that could also be southern Portugal I don't know really , they were at the Gibaltar Strait at the last scene.
Also , there was simply no garrison in the entire Moor city which is kind of retarded

Maşallah brother

Vikings were the vikings of finland, we never had violent snownigger gangs of our own

We were literally just less organized northerners with less desire to go overseas, by 13th century there was no finns or no Finland to that matter. Just some tribes with the Varsinaissuomalaiset being the ones most in contact and commerce with others. The Karelians dipped with the rus while we with sweden/germans. Otherwise we became swedes and were swedes for 600 years. We did good in army affairs,

That map is Svecoman propaganda
Swedish speakers live in spread out, inbred towns and not in continuous concentrations like that.

>we became swedes and were swedes for 600 years
t. Cai-Göran

Mene nyt vittuun siitä Patajäbä. et sä vittu tiedä paskaakaan mistään. Suomalaiset oli ruotsalaisia sen 600 vuotta. ja mitä vitun pahaa siinä on? Ei meillä ollut mitään identiteettiä ja ei suomeakaan käytetty suurissa määrin ennen venäjän valtaa.

That was Algeciras in the southern tip of spain.Can't you fucking read muslim?

This fucking traitor triggered me, he and his ugly ass wife

Juuh, ihan vain ruotsalaisuudemme tähden sait talosi poltetuksi mikäli luit suomenkielistä kirjallisuutta Ruotsissa.

This show is so bad it's existence personally offends me.

Why did the creators of this show fall of the meme of ''moors were black''?

Why do people who hate Scandinavians watch the show? Never understood that

Voi vittu mikä meemi. Tällekkään ei vielä ole kertaakaan tullut mitään hyviä lähteitä tai sellaista että asiaa voisi edes kutsua laajamittaiseksi saatikka että se liittyisi nimenomaan suomenkieleen. Vitun uhritutuva idiootti.

I love the show, thats why i hate Floki and his ugly bitch, fucking traitors

>mikä meemi
eipä ollu

>During the previous two centuries, various laws and regulations had been passed to speed up the "Swedification" process to the Forest Finns, including total banning of the use of Finnish language.
>During the reign of Christina, Queen of Sweden, a proclamation of 1646 called for the burning of houses of all those Finns who did not want to learn Swedish in the area that was later to be called Sweden Proper, west of the Gulf of Bothnia. Reading books written in Finnish led in some cases to imprisonment still in the 18th century.
Miksi tämä olisi koettu tarpeelliseksi jos olimme ruotsalaisten silmissä yhtä ruotsalaisia kuin hekin?

>Forest finns

Voi vittu hermanni minkä teit.

Niin? Metsäsuomalaiset on aika uusi termi, tuolloin niitä pidettiin vain suomalaismamuina Hämeestä ja Savosta.

Ja lisätäkseni tähän. Metsasuomalaiset eli Kveenit nykyään. Olivat silloinkin vähemmistöryhmä ruotsissa ruotsin alueella joilla ei oikeastaan edes ollut samanlaista kulttuuria suomalaisten kanssa. Saatikka kieltä. Ihan turhaan uhriudut ja luot turhaa skismaa.

the last episode was wtf ?
moors/arabs were ruling class lol not like they were spread out everywhere wtf they were supposed to be in their castles getting fat even most moorish warriors were christians suck my dick you scandinavian arabic lover propagandist cunts. fucking araboos

I was really triggered when they said something like "Kattegat is now the most important trading center in Norway".

It's a Canadian/Irish show..

I read the 3 viking books of Tim Severin
it said there that you were some mongoloids that travel on skies
the main character, Torglis or whatever the fuck his name was, some wanderer (Odin worshiper) impregnated the chiefs daughter because both of them were Volvo or some shit
Good books. He did admit defeat because of Christianity in the end. Seems like all 3 books was him trying to spread the word of Odin.

oldest Viking burial ground was found in Estonia that dates back to 7th century. We wuz the og vikings

kts. Metsäsuomalaiset =\= Kveenit

>The most important finn in modern history is a swedish speaker
really makes you think

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salme_ships

this find pushes Viking era back around 200 years.

but it says right there they were of scandinavian origin, not Estonian

they were foreigners

600 years earlier the book Germanica mentioned great boat-makers where modern day Sweden is. Even called them "Svioner". So basically the Viking era never started nor ended, it's always been there.

We all sepak swedish, or a skewed weird swedish anyway. like that guy. Who was a german-Swedish-Finnish rapebaby tbqh.

"known" viking era
murdered by local seamen. Also Estonians used to sink and raid so many Danish ships they invaded Saaremaa abd Harjumaa to make them stop. They didnt stop and fucking looted Sigtuna.

The islanders were a mad bunch, always fucking shit up

i always wondered how the fuck did Ragnar shave his head so close and so often?

All Vikings did. Everywhere that wasn't scandinavia was too hot for body hair.

Go google about Oeselians

how did they do it with heir era technology? Need a pretty sharp knife to shave that close

Was there ever a finnish state predating the current Finland?

>Miksi tämä olisi koettu tarpeelliseksi jos olimme ruotsalaisten silmissä yhtä ruotsalaisia kuin hekin?
Koska elettiin imperialismin aikakautta ja Metsäsuomalaiset olivat tarpeeksi pieni populaatio erottunut pääryhmästä joka oli suhtkoht helppo assimiloida. Suomea ei koskaan yritetty suuren lukumäärän takia joka olisi johtanut suurin sisäisiin ongelmiin. Venäjäkin taisteli kynsin ja hampain että saisi edes yritettyä venäläistää meikäläisiä. Ei suomalaiset koskaan kokeneet olevansa mitään erikoista, ruotsin kuningaskunna asukkaita joita veroitettiin ja ainut kerta kun talonpoikait nousi kapinaan verojen takia, sekin kukistettiin suomalaisen johdolla. Täällä oltiin tyytyväisiä ja skismaa ei syntynyt. Nyt paria sataa vuotta myöhemmin joku peppukipeytnyt isolationisti burgeri luulee tietävänsä paremmin silloisten ihmisten ajatukset. Olet sinäkin kylä yks tapaus.

Autonymous grand duchy of Finland. Part of Russian empire. We were the most literate part of it too.

Nah, anything sharp works. The cleanest shave I ever had was from some guy with a plain razor, done in 5 minutes.

I mean sovereign

>The Oeselians were known in the Old Norse Icelandic Sagas and in Heimskringla as Víkingr frá Esthland (English: vikings from Estonia). >Estlanders fought along the side of Swedes against the Danes in the Battle of Bråvalla.
>Saaremaa (Ösel) has the richest finds of Viking treasures after Gotland in Sweden and often raided both Christians and Pagans, in their ships that had a high prow shaped like a dragon or a snakehead as well as a quadrangular sail.
>Estonians used to use the Runic calendars (like everybody else in the Northern Europe). Sirvikalender in Estonian.
> Snorri Sturluson relates in his Ynglinga saga how the Swedish king Ingvar (7th century), the son of Östen and a great warrior, who was forced to patrol the shores of his kingdom fighting Estonian Vikings. The saga speaks of his invasion of Estonia where he fell in a battle against the men of Estland who had come down with a great army. After the battle, King Ingvar was buried close to the seashore in Estonia and the Swedes returned home.
>A battle between Oeselian and Icelandic Vikings off Saaremaa is described in Njál's saga as occurring in 972 AD.
>A battle between Oeselian and Icelandic Vikings off Saaremaa is described in Njál's saga as occurring in 972 AD.
>According to the Novgorod Chronicle, Varyag Ulf (Uleb) from Novgorod was crushed by Estonians in a sea battle close to the town of Lindanise in 1032.
>From the 12th century, chroniclers' descriptions of Estonian, Oeselian and Curonian raids along the coasts of Sweden and Denmark become more frequent.
>The Chronicle of Henry of Livonia describes a fleet of sixteen ships and five hundred Oeselians ravaging the area that is now southern Sweden, then belonging to Denmark. In the XIVth book of Gesta Danorum, Saxo Grammaticus describes a battle on Öland in 1170 in which the Danish king Valdemar I mobilised his entire fleet to curb the incursions of Couronian and Estonian pirates.
bitch we terrorised these scandis so much

Iron knives can get crazy sharp, but rust easily

Can't read , dark here in your mothers brown pussy

>Khazar Khaganate
>Subjected to frequent Viking raids
So we wuz JARLED?

Life was a lot nicer before Russia, huh?

No.

;_;

what do you mean? we were only under russia under Soviet Union, in the Russian empire we were a under German autonomy

we were fine. We wuz citizens, soldiers, peasants etc. of the swedish kingdom/empire.

>The most important American in modern history is an English speaker

ok mr wy kang

The army-men of Genghis Khan

Sure,don't forget to wash your mother's dirty niqab.

cuck

Oh yeah, WE WUZ KANGZ.

What topping you want with that powerfantasy?

You have been russian since 1700s.

>Be Finnic
>Highest % of light hair in world
>Higest % of blue eyes in world
>One of the tallest people in world
>Can consume milk like crazy
>Skin is whiter than snow
>Asian, bc Sup Forums told us so

cuck

>68% Estonian
Disgraceful

>C..c..cuck

>Portugal knowing anything about Estonian history

We were 95% estonian up until ww2.

you're proud of being subservient, definition of a cuck

Pretty sure that's not even close to the definition of cuck. Should've picked up a real language, peeka.

i said we were under german autonomy you stupid nigger

>One research

subservient, how? I guess i just didn't know my forefathers put up so fierce fights against da evil swedes and had to fight to tooth and nail so they'd survive da evil swede yoke. Get a fuckign grip idiot.