Hey guys /tg/ here with a friendly reminder this scene makes no sense and that a fortified location like the wall that...

Hey guys /tg/ here with a friendly reminder this scene makes no sense and that a fortified location like the wall that cannot be surrounded and has 2k men to defend it could not be taken easily by 5k men even if they had seige engines. It would take months of careful planning for Ramsey to take the wall andecor that even if he did everyone would hate him for ssaulting the wall and killing the Lord commander of the nights watch.

but what if ramsey had ridiculous plot armor and favoritism from the writers

Jon's plot armor is even thicker. He literally came back to life after dying.

Castle black is only fortified from north, not from south

The wall has no defenses when attaked from the south

/thread

>climb up the wall
>loose arrows on the shitty wooden "undefended" courtyard
and that's it

Go take a shower /tg/, cut your hair while you're at it.

Stop collecting your magic and Yugioh cards, put your Heroclix away and go get a job.

They could just starve them out. Castle Black probably relies a lot on the northern kingdoms for supply which could easily be cut off. Also it seems a lot less fortified facing the south than it is facing the north, as evidenced by how easily the wildlings were able to bust down the gate.

What about the fact that they can literally get on top of the wall? Also you seem to be forgetting that preparations could be made easily in the amount of time it takes Ramsey to throw 5k men to a miles away destination.

and what good is it going to do them sitting on top the wall without food or water or heat?

Its called a siege
Ramsey would have supply lines
Jon would not

but they don't care about defending, they just want to save Rickon you dumb fuck

>water
Snow is everywhere family
>food
They are stocked up just fine. No one has said otherwise. Plus the wildlings know how to hunt in the north.
>heat
Nigga the entirety of castle black is made of wood. Tear some shit down, its a siege, it's not supposed to be enjoyable.

Send a raven out to literally anyone saying that castle black is under siege by the Boltons and wait for reinforcements. Let the Bolton army have a good time getting up the wall.

Literally only thing that needs to be DONE before the Boltons get there in this case is make a way to get down the other side of the wall.

>I fucked up and didn't think this through but I'm going to pretend that I did

Literally all they have to do is hold out for reinforcements from the everyone who would defend them.

That will happen in the books too.
Ramsay beating Stannis probably won't, much less with 20 good men. Show ramsay has batman with a week of prep time plot armor.

The castle isn't protected from the south......

Are you retarded

You need to think before posting m8

But the wall is a natural defensive position. Sit on top of it and wait for friendlies. Just take whatever you need with you when you go up.

Wall. North. Boltons. South. Why the fuck would Westeros build the wall to protect Westeros from Westeros? What do you even think the wall is there for?

You literally can't call plot armor if the character died. His returning is just another storyline.

ok
1. they have rickon and plan to flay him alive
2. castle black's southern wall is 20 feet tall at best and all of wood
3. they don't have food left to sustain a siege
4. you're a fucking retard

but Ramsay clearly baits them into offensive mode, since he knows that

Castle Black has the Gift, it's independent from the North
The Gift is full of wildlings working for their survival and the Night's Watch for saving them from the White Walkers

Nigga the tip of the wall is huge. You could easily put everyone up there and just kill anyone who tried to use the elevator from the south.

They'd be suffering massive attrition compared to the boltons, who can also follow them up the wall. They don't have enough arrows or men to properly suppress the boltons

reinforcements that could take years, whilst you are sitting on top of the wall, all your supplies are at the bottom, the Boltons walk right in from the south side that has no defences and now no men (because they are all on top of the wall) and takes all your supplies.

Last time I checked, it only took 4 Large Onagers blasting a wall down, and 6 bands of shock cavalry in wedge formation for me to take a castle with a larger defending force.

Checkmate, kiddo.

>Literally only thing that needs to be DONE before the Boltons get there in this case is make a way to

>get down the other side of the wall.

>where the white walkers are

>the whole reason the wildlings came south in the first place

>why don't they just hide on the other side of the wall

If you don't want to attack the wall a plan might be to send a taunting letter to goad someone stupid enough to come to you.

So they're all just going to live for months on top of a giant piece of ice with no protection from the elements in the middle of winter?

>the entirety of castle black is made of wood. Tear some shit down

are you fucking retarded

God you're retarded.

And what happens when the White Walkers show up from the North?

Castle Black.

CASTLE Black.

C
A
S
T
L
E

THAT MEANS THERE IS A FUCKING DEFENSIVE POSITION AT THIS LOCATION, YOU PLEBS.

The wall isn't all that fortified on the southern side, though.

Why would it be?

Ransay is tactical genius. He needs only 20 good men

The only thing getting people to the top of the wall is a shitty elevator.

I don't know about not having enough arrows or men. Historically 2k men was enough to hold off a siege for months. Especially from a small force of less that 5k men (assuming ramsey keeps some men at home to protect his lands)

Supplies should be taken up top in the time it takes Bolton to get there. Other things need to be done too but with 2k able men that won't be hard. As for reinforcements taking years, where the hell are you get an annual measurement? It shouldn't take more than a week or two if they come from the middle of westeros

THEY SHOULD JUST TAKE THE WALL AND PUSH IT SOMEWHERE ELSE!

There are like 13 castles mate. Most have ways up.

>I am literally retarded

we know, user. we know.

Absolutely. But thats the point. Thats why he pretty much forces him out of the defensive position

And there are WHITE WALKERS coming from the other side. Do you really think it's a good idea to fortify yourself in a location surrounded by TWO armies?

Add to the fact, all Ramsay has to do is destroy the elevator from beneath to trap them all up there & goodbye entire Jonforce.

Exactly just haul up all of the food/firewood to the top.

Plus they can use the wall as a highway to the other forts.

Or they could just take apart all the armor they have and put it on wun wun.

Indestructible giant warmachine living flesh tank .

they have their brother dumbass

I don't think you understand; Ramsay has good men.

They could just run over to the other forts tho.

Like I said, sieges are historically not very fun.

Then hopefully the enemy of my enemy is my friend and now it's 7k men vs the white walkers.

Read the thread

There are multiple ways up and down the wall.

Plus there are politics. Everybody will shit on you if you actually attack the wall

It took Torrhen Stark a year to gather just the Northern banners in order to march against Aegon the conqueror
Westeros is massive mate

How many?

>expecting Jon to ally with the guy who raped his sister and took his brother captive

>just make a bunch of massive fires on top of a wall made of ice

what could go wrong

Image incase you dont understand the scale

probably been said already but Castle Black isn't supposed to have any enemies or anyone to attack it because it's supposed to be something that everyone supports because they pretty much serve everyone south of them. They're like the international space station of GoT except someone is there that a country really really wants dead

It's got no defenses to the south because it shouldn't ever have to

And yet CIA travels it in days.

But that was because of the political climate, not the geography. Granted, the north is the largest part of westerns, but it took 2 days for Jon to get from westerns to Castle black. So it would be 4 days to cross the north for anyone coming in from the south. But those from the Eryie could just sail around.

>Do you really think it's a good idea to fortify yourself in a location surrounded by TWO armies?

Punished Jon is hot looking

Paying attention to the show for travel times
what insanity is this

>Take two thousand men up a 700 foot ice wall
>and a giant
>Ramsay shows up with 250 parties of 20 good men
>Laughs maniacally and cuts off the winch
>Leaves

what the fuck. I had no idea it was that big.

So, is Sansa preggers then or wot?

I own the board game, it's lots of fun and basically will force you to memorize the westeros map.

Nope

is sansa pregnant, or is sophie turner just a fat chav slag?

Castle Black cant be fortified. Are you retarded? Have you seen wide shots?

All you need is ladder and a constant barrage of arrows and you taken this "castle" in a day.

Why do men do this? Why reply when you haven't read the thread?

penis-posters OUT

God, I hope not. Jon should be the one to fill up that ginger pussy.

4 days to cross the north, not a chance mate, 4 months maybe, and that is a lone traveller, marhing an army that needs supply lines etc
You are looking at almost a year to cross the north

I thought Ramsay knutted in her moist cocoon?

He doesnt mean defending castle black, you utter retard. It cant even house more than 100 men let alone 2k.

you're also forgetting about the vale

welp that about does it

They can just stroll several hundred miles along the top of the wall in gale force winds to Eastwatch. Stop nit-picking.

>There are multiple ways up and down the wall.

multiple = barely more than 1, with an army of 2000 + wildling elders + children atop as well.

Stick to your head canon pleb.

>Everybody will shit on you if you actually attack the wall
this. It would be an easy way to unite all your enemies against you

>They could just run over to the other forts tho.

There's only 2 more than are manned & functional, I'm sure Ramsay could spare a good man or two to each one to fuck them up, & set them alight.

The wall is alone every body is to busy fighting amongst themseles to care about the NW anymore
Even when shown a zombie hand the crown didnt give a shit

There's like a bunch of other forts user

They probably have elevators too

The wall is a big ass highway

Who exactly would give a shit in the current political climate? The Lannisters and Tyrrels have their hands full in King's Landing right now. Dorne is busy being retarded, the Vale is already moving against the Boltons anyway, the Iron Islands are still rebelling and the Riverlands are generally up the ass.

I just did the math. The north is give or take 770 miles long. At 2.5 miles an hour, the north can be crossed in 13 days. That's not considering resting or horses. So all in all it isn't really that bad.

Probably had other elevators
The wall hasnt been properly funded since Jaehaerys

>it's a LF teleports episode

Give one good man a torch & set each alight.

Fair enough not going to argue math
Its still not an easy thing to do and irrelivant anyway
Other than the Vale all the other armies are too busy dealing with their own shit

Most people in the political climate would drop what they "had their hands full" with to send people to defend the wall. The wall is very important to almost everyone in the entirety of westeros except maybe the more southern places like dorn.

Like a wall of fucking magical ice is gonna melt because of some campfires

Yeah but he'd have to split up his forces and and sending them to either end of the wall will take a lot of time

In the meanwhile everyone will hate him for attacking the wall.

Jon & Co could just sit and jerk off on top of the wall while he gets rekt

>/tg/ here

>/tg/ Traditional Games

>Games

>like what children play

>he thinks this makes him an authority on defending fortified positions

Would they
No one but Stannis cared enough last time

The Vale is on their way to fuck Ramsay's shit up tho

oh shit, I guess you guys have a point. They are really ignorant with the north front and the whole immigration problem.
But still, it really wouldnt earn him any favors. It would be a pretty bold move

I'm also /his/. But your ignorance of the /tg/ board culture is showing. We're the biggest mix of /k/, /his/, and /fit/.

Kind of like how everybody ignored the political climate and their own self-interest to rally behind Stannis, who was the one true king?

yeah, right. what show have you been watching?

Thats why i mentioned other than the vale everyone else is to preoccupied with their own stuff to are about the NW

What's your point? /k/ has never assaulted the Wall either.