used to be. Now ist more pleb-tier

Cause Eastwood drank it?

PBR is a redneck beer where i come from

people have heard of PBR, so no, it is not a hipster beer

9.1%...I bet that tastes like ass...

What is a hipster?
What does life mean?
How do I make more friends?

PBR used to be THE hipster beer about 10 years ago. I think they single highhandedly saved the Pabst Brewing company.

Of course PBR is way too mainstream now.

This. A favorite pastime among rednecks is playing beer poker with a 30 pack of PBR bottles.

Ha. I'm OP and I remember. They still don't operate a brewery. Ha I'm originally from richmond VA and I knew it as People's Beer of Richmond. Haha

after your fifth drink who cares about taste anyway?
but it's really pretty good if you're a big fan of hops flavor

9.6%
Delicious.

Depends on who you ask, really. If you as a redneck, then it's just blue collar liquid gold. If you ask a hipster, it's either delicious because it's ironic blue collar liquid gold or the worst because of the other hipsters that drink it.

For me, I order it at bars when the bar has tall boys for 3 bucks or less, but I don't ever really get it from the store. It's not bad when it's cheap, but it's slightly too sweet for my beer money.

well put

Too sweet? Kys

2.50 for 16oz at this bar. Aka why I'm drinking it.

I'm not saying it's Kool-Aid or anything. It's just too sweet for beer. I like a real hoppy, dark beer.

No, PBR isn't a novelty like it was pre-2010. Now that it has been labeled a 'hipster' beer every wannabe faggot with a trendy haircut readily gulps the stuff down like pigs at a trough. You want a real 'hipster' beer? Get to know the microbreweries in your surrounding area and you'll surely find gems nobody else you know drinks. I get PBR at the bar mostly because it's usually the default cheapest beer around here.

Ok that makes more sense. I'll allow you to live.

Nah, that title belongs to Rolling Rock.

as far as cheap beers go I like Utica Club, Rolling Rock, Genesee (traditional and cream ale) and Molson. R8.

easy kiddo, dont cut your little sausage fingers on that edge of yours

this guy has good taste though. nothing like an ice cold IPA

Am I a hipster?

I live in Louisiana. They are like three and Abita annoys the shit out of me though their AndyGator is fucking good. Ha but I know you're right.
Also I don't know if balding is a hip haircut??

Nah a salesman. Not a hipster

they go down so easy... especially when you consider it's american.
sierra nevada is better though.

As long as you have a tulip glass, IPAs are the bomb. Best beer crawl of my life was in Cleveland for St. Patty's Day weekend about five years ago. Can't remember the name of any of the beers because I was wasted the whole time, but I still think about that corned beef sandwich with that IPA we had for lunch at some pub.

Pabst is one of the oldest us brewery's

Sierra Nevada, I really like celebration ale on tap, but pale ale is cool also

They don't own a brewery. They lease themselves out. A good American beer like Yuengling is America's oldest owned and operated.

Is shiner more or less hip than PBR?

No, the hipsters tried but it is still a white trash beer.... Which I'm currently drinking

Fuck that, its barely a beverage

Shiner is probably the best American beer
- an Australian who believes all American beer is shit

I live in Squamish and out brewery here makes a bunch like Devil's Elbow IPA and Hopraiser

:( but I like Rolling Rock.
It's my favorite mass-produced beer.

It's crust punk beer

I go to this hipster bar where they don't sell any draft beers like Budweiser, Miller or Heineken literally none of them, but there cheapest beer they do have pbr and its on their drink menu so it's a hipster beer

How about a shiner on a copper bar...
More or less hip than a Pabst?

what's the best ausfag beer? i can't look past white rabbit or little creatures pale

It was. Then it was bought by a Russian company.

If you're young and you drink it, it is. In my area it's poor redneck beer.
I normally don't drink beer, but when I do, it's Angry Orchard. Shit's good.
My preferred booze of choice is Cruzan 151. It burns like a mofo, but I the aftertaste of Bacardi 151 makes me want to throw up.

It depends on the mood
Generally, Victoria Bitter is a brew that one can reliably fall back on.

There was a good UK beer several years ago called HOBGOBLIN that has been my favorite. A dark ale. Good shit. Very strong and rich tasting.