/AnCo General/

Haven't seen an AnCo General in such a long time, discuss the band.

>favorite album
>favorite song
>favorite era
>favorite memory

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uyw0ONzkekk
youtube.com/watch?v=luVbN6VnLJU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>favorite album
MPP
>favorite song
Either Alvin Row or Also Frightened
>favorite era
Feels-SJ
>favorite memory
Seeing them live

jam of a lifetime
gun to my head I'd say banshee beat
Sung Tongs - Feels
listening to MPP in my early weed smoking days

what's jam of a lifetime? i googled and found this youtube.com/watch?v=uyw0ONzkekk

awesome i had moments like these myself when i first getting into mpp

>sung tongs
>water curses
>feels - strawberry jam
>dave complimenting my outfit/brian saying i had a pretty name

post habby pandas

Question for you guys, how has your opinion changed on PW since it was released almost a year ago?

i liked it to begin with so my opinion hasn't really changed. my opinion on certain songs has changed, like i hated lying in the grass to begin with and now it's my favorite on the album

it's /ourguy/

>sung tongs
>banshee beat (pleb, I know, but COME ON)
>SJ or CHz
>driving around in my hometown listening to #1 while the snow fell

I went from liking it to thinking it was less than okay, their worst release yet

I think people glossed over it way too quickly. I know I personally had no clue what to think of it when it came out, it's just a super disorienting album. But I really love it now, it's far superior to Centipede Hz and I think it's the perfect conclusion to their poppier era. Here's hoping their next LP is Here Comes the Indian 2.

This picture made me realise how old pandy looks now. He's lost his qt boyish charm ;__;

I suppose he still looks like fucking Elias next to Earl

i liked it okay when i first heard it i guess i felt like a bummed by it in some ways but over time it's blown my mind and i LOVE it i dont think its like their best or anything but a really quality addition to the canon i mean theyve already given us so much quality material and i guess when i think about it as what it's suppose to be - like an early beatles record or ramones, it's a better way to enjoy it like i enjoy those records, aka put them on and just ride the good vibes like i dont really pick out songs off PW as much w/ other records (cause sometimes you just need a track or two off some records and you dont wanna do the whole trip im looking at you sung tongs) i just put on floridada, it gets me in a great mood and i just let it ride. tho if i were to pick faves i do sometimes listen to summing the wretch, burglars, or golden gal on their own

Nope still don't like it.

>Strawberry Jam
>Unsolved Mysteries/The Purple Bottle/Leaf House
>Feels-MPP
>Listening to SJ for the first time on public transit

>Here Comes The Indian
>The Softest Voice
>pre-Feels
>At a lake at night, star-gazing with my girlfriend

I think you're right, they've hit the absolute poppy limit. It's time for the pendulum to swing back full force.

It has definitely grown on me after seeing anco twice during their PW tour. It's definitely better live.

They could not have released a more middle-of-the-road album. Too safe and not emotional enough, although I love Floridada/Vertical

It's an incredibly emotional album. I can't listen to it all that often because it's just so overwhelming.

>favorite album
Feels
>favorite song
Banshee Beat
>favorite era
2004-2006
>favorite memory
Listening to the live version of People with a friend cracking up cause we were baked.

>HCTI
>De Soto De Son
>Campfire Songs - Sung Tongs
>singing and playing half of Strawberry Jam with my friends.

I think there's a great EP in PW somewhere. They had a few good ideas that they just spread way too thin by making it a full album. Cut it down to 4 songs and I think it's great.

I don't think they were very inspired writing this record.

I've come to accept it on some level. Not saying I like it, but I accept it. Maybe this needed to happen.

honestly i think it could just be cut down to the first 5 songs. i think those 5 are some of the best they've done since mpp, panda really nailed his psychedelic dance thing on hocus pocus and litg, but quality tanks with natural selection and doesn't recover fully.

Yeah it sounds like they all secretly wanted to be somewhere else while they were making it.

examples? I don't see that at all

Floridada is a joyous romp which acknowledges the ludicrous nature of its drastic optimism. Lying in the Grass raises the gab above a whisper, attempting to air out the unpleasant with words. Recycling recognizes the dismal state were in and still stubbornly persists, lurching forward against ridiculous odds. It's not all doom and gloom, but it's hardly "not emotional".

What show is this from? Is there a live vid?

Did everybody already forget about Mountain Game?

youtube.com/watch?v=luVbN6VnLJU

>STGSTV or Strawberry Jam
>Safer
>MPP Era. The arrangement of Chocolate girl from that Era is killer
>Discovering the band through a horror ARG

dumpin because these are my favorite photos

Great song picks and actual pictures.
1. I had no idea my thread would be so popular after closing out of it a few hours ago
2. I've been so curious if there were other pictures from this show, thank you!

Floridada, The Burglars and Golden Gal are amazing, everything else is okay

Thanks man great vid

Can't really choose a favorite album
Purple Bottle or We Tigers for favorite song
Feels - SJ for favorite Era. Live shows aren't the same without DEAK but CHZ was ass

Can someone post that picture of Panda flipping a bird while something is on fire.

>favorite album
Strawberry Jam
>favorite song
Unsolved Mysteries
>favorite era
2003-2007
>favorite memory
Being 15 and listening to MPP on my way to school, almost getting hit by a car while listening to In The Flowers. Also that song's meaning changing when I met my boyfriend.