Help me out choosing my new guitar

help me out choosing my new guitar

I want to play metal in general not sure if Jackson or Ibanez my limit is 500EU and I will be detuning a lot so I won't need a tremolo

I've been playing for 5months now with some shitty Stagg learning the basics, found it really relaxing hope I can shred like Carcass and many other one day

youtube.com/watch?v=ZpbpOgUybBM

Just play a bunch. Find what you like. It's really difficult to decide, but you might find something you didn't expect to enjoy. Don't spend a fortune either, it's your second guitar, it should be an upgrade on a starter but not something ridiculous either.

Ibanez are great. Had one for years and love it to bits. Difficult to go wrong with them. Except their cheaper models can be a bit tatty.

i've seen some reviews saying cheaper models (the ones i can afford) with tremolo are bad unless the tremolo is fixed afterwards

i'd recommend something from the ibanez ART line or RG line. I have an old ART from about 9 years ago, was one of the lower end models. I put some EMGs in that bitch and it plays like a dream

Only cost 500 to built but plays as well as any 700-800 dollar guitar i've played

EMGs? new pickups, sorry I'm still new

look around a lot man
ibanez are fun but you can get way more interesting uncommon guitars thatll be better at playing a range of styles for 500
like airline
gretsch
fender

look up the ltd- MHQMNT100, it's a great guitar

the prob is the distributors don't have a lot of jackson models here, but there are a lot of Ibanez models

>looking for guitar recs
>on Sup Forums
>not on /gg/

just try guitars out irl and see which one suits you best

EMG is a brand of pick ups, yeah. You obviously don't have to use EMGs, they're just my preference. Swapping pick ups is actually really easy if you use EMG, you just unscrew shit and pop it in. don't have to solder anything.

If you can find them, Ibanez ART 100 would fill your needs nicely. They're discontinued now, though. If not, get a lower end RG.

Play a lot of guitars, and find one you like. My only other advice is avoid gimmicky looking "metal guitars" because the resell on those if you want to upgrade later isn't very good. People like the classics for a reason, they are versatile and can play anything with a pickup swap.

Buy an used japanese Ibanez OP
Are you looking for a sixer or a seven string axe?

6stringer
can;t find ART anywhere

I'm in the site of my local shop and it looks like they have 1 particilar ibanez RG421 that is the only one without a tremolo gonna go and try it out at the start of next week

try out everything in your price range man, and yeah you'd probably have to buy the ART used

This. But I wouldn't make uncommoness a priority (partly because it's kind of cliché).

the bad thing is i'm closer to the Indonesia factory so i don;t think there is any japanese Ibanez around here

the RG321 is also in my local shop

Yeah, used japanese RG or the iron label series. These come with EMG pickups, very suited for metal, not my cup of tea though. Go to a shop and shred it out

Dude, I'd recommend you get yourself a 7-string. I have had a Jackson JS22-7 for 2 years now, been playing in drop F# and lower. The only thing I'd change are the stock pickups if anything. Plus it's like $300

never played a 7string

found a jap RG but its in the UK, are the pickups the only thing diff between jap and indonesian?

I'm dying to play a jackson SLATTXMG7, if you can check them out

No, they have much better woods and overall building quality, better fretwork, wizard prestige necks...

damn too bad, then i might just look around and see what's the best i can find at my local retailer