Choose

Choose.

both trash but ramones is better

Ramones.

Sex Pistols

The Ramones
Why do retards always do shit like this? You could ask them if they prefer My Bloody Valentine or Slowdive, and they'll post Ride. It's fucking annoying.

both are classic but i prefer the pistols

never been a huge fan of this one, but machine gun etiquette blows everything itt out of the water

Ramones by a country mile. the sex pistols are garbage

>Ramones VS Sex Pistols
>posts The Damned
Fuck off.

Ramones by far. I never was a huge Sex Pistols fan, just never got into them.
For UK Punk Damned are amazing.

Both are awful but Ramones are way better.

It's true The Damned are better than both of them together.

Ramones, due to sheer output quantity, despite most of it being shite. Nevermind the Bollocks is not fantastic, but pretty good and better than most of Ramones' discography.

Currently the Pistols, but my mind could be changed - heard v. little Ramones, basically just Blitzkrieg Bop and Bonzo Goes to Bitburg.

Punk isn't supposed to be "good" in the technical sense, necessarily.

Ramones>Pistols
States>Kingdom

Listen to Leave Home, or Rocket To Russia. They're the best Ramones albums.

Not necessarily. It is supposed to be emotional though, and authentic, which neither of these bands are. That's outside of the fact that they are both just atrocious songwriters

>they are both just atrocious songwriters
how can anybody actually believe this?

Misfits - Static Age

Are you kidding? Their music is pop punk. They have zero variety in structure, not to mention their riffs are stale as shit, their progressions are lazy, and the vocals are uninspired without catchy melodies. The best thing to come from either band is the Pistols's catchy bridge on Anarchy in The UK

they're both essentially pop bands, but that fact has absolutely no bearing on the quality of their songwriting. you don't find virtue in effective pop craftsmanship? to my ears, nevermind the bollocks has always been a perfect rocknroll record, filled with anthemic guitar lines that mesh perfectly with johnny rotten's snarling vocals.

Came here to post this

No, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the fact that they were pop music nor does it affect their songwriting. It was my criticisms after that that meant to attack their songwriting(sorry, I re read my post and it definitely seems like I was dissing pop music or something). I just don't find the guitar lines intriguing on that album, and Lydon's vocals are horrid to me, of course that part's subjective. I just find their method of songwriting so formulaic and manufactured on top of the mundane performances and insubstantial lyrics that there just isn't much in the way of being interesting, or unique, or even cathartic, and absolutely not genuine.

Yea we all know that Sex Pistols were complete frauds and essentially a boy band but that doesn't make Nevermind the Bollocks a bad album.

I don't give a fuck who wrote those songs or how fake the politics were or who's playing on the recordings, the tunes and production on that album are stellar. In what world is the first 30 seconds of Holidays in the Sun not amazing?

there is no bigger faggot than he who knocks the sex pistols for being inauthentic

Neither.

Ramones.

It's a perfectly acceptable criticism of a punk band, though if that's your only criticism then it's not a valid reason to completely dislike it.

Ramones. Easy. Pistols were a fashion show

>X vs Y
>Posts Z
Idiotic as shit.

I like both but The Ramones album is better and more important.

>Tripfag

>user