I finally got around to playing Portal 1 to see what all the fuss is about...

I finally got around to playing Portal 1 to see what all the fuss is about, it's ok I guess and I was kind of enjoying it until I saw pic related on the wall. Fucking "le cake is a lie xdddd" so memey lel

Why do game devs insist on filling their games up with shitty internet memes? It's like Borderlands 2 all over again.

>no
>nonono

This has to be bait.

It was in the game first and then became le memey.

No shit it's in the game, I saw it while I was playing. It's just so cringe to put memes in your game

BAIT HARDER BAIT FAG

Sorry for your autism.

ok fuck ill bite

you do understand memes have orgins right? they didnt start out on Sup Forums and so on

so where do you think the "cake is a lie" one started?

This does not upset me at all.

>all opinions I disagree with are bait
Okay dude

nice bait dude

shitty internet memes hm? but you think pretending to be retarded is all they hype atm?

sometimes, its hard to tell, if OP is bait, or genuinely so thick that they actually believe the shit they say.

I'm going to say its bait solely because I try to keep a tiny shred of hope in humanity

It doesn't matter what sites the meme started on, putting it in their game was cringe

No op isn't baiting. He's just from Sup Forums

.....its not from a website its from the game

>Trying this hard.

>please be bait

That's what I'm saying, they put an internet meme in their game because they are unfunny fucks who expected people to see it and think "xdddd I know that meemee" and laugh

The Cake is a Lie is a catchphrase popularized by the game Portal, and is often used to convey the message that a promised gift is being used to motivate without any intent of delivering.

In Portal you are required to do numerous tasks in a research facility guided by a computer named GlaDOS, who repeatedly mentions that following the experiment, there will be cake.
As the game progresses, the player finds messages written on the walls as warnings from Doug Rattmann, an old lab worker who has been featured on the Lab Rat[7] comic series. One message scrawled on the walls in later levels reads “the cake is a lie. the cake is a lie. the cake is a lie. the cake is a lie”:

It is later reviled in the game, that in order to keep the AI GlaDOS from killing everyone, she is fitted with an AI “personality core” that continuously list off the directions and ingredients needed for baking a cake. In addition, the ending credits sequence that follows the game features a song called, “Still Alive” which mentions the cake and features a sole cake at the bottom of the test facility. This cake is a virtualized cartoon version of a Black Forest cake that was sold near Valve Headquarters.

After the games release, “the cake is a lie” was widely popular between Portal players, but soon it spread to forums and blogs where the phrase began to take on a new meaning outside of the context of the game. People were using the phrase, “The cake is a lie”, on forums as an idiom meaning, “You are chasing after an empty, unattainable goal.”

Tldr

Fucking overbait. I'm out.

s-sstay calm. stay strong

You have to be the biggest faggot I've ever seen post on this board.

youre a gay

Your husband's gay, frogface

I finally got around to watching Emperor's New Grrove to see what all the fuss is about, it's ok I guess and I was kind of enjoying it until I saw pic related.

Why does Disney insist on filling their movies up with shitty internet memes?

OP here, Haha, you all got baited XD

i dont get it.
What's the meme

i love how fucking retarded you're being today. i love it.