My goal in life is to get a huge stack of money, anyone else feel the same way...

My goal in life is to get a huge stack of money, anyone else feel the same way? I want to get rich so fucking bad but I don't really know how to do this properly. Even if I got a job paying $50,000 a year I won't be able to save even one of those stacks!

you do realize with a 50 k a year job you could save for one of those right ?

That's 10 years salary in the pic....so ya you could.......but invest and you will have that and more at retirement....

Learn to trade. Go to /biz/ and take a look. I'm currently living the 9-5 grind for the summer and it's fucking horrible. I've only lived it for a month but once I leave uni there is no way I'm living to pay my bills like this, its a putrid way to live.

how much are you earning?

read books.

lots and lots of books.

get really good at understanding how the best people in the world have solved problems and copy them. solve your problems the same way.

start by reading these:

Ready Fire Aim - Michael Masterson
Mastery - Robert Greene

This is what I hear all the time. But isn't that such a shame? What's the point of having all this money in retirement if you're too old to do shit. The money will be spent on medical bills and keeping your stomach full, but that's about it.

Same OP but im trying to invest in something while I keep spending it because if you die, the all not wasting your money in somethings you like would be all worth for nothing.

you need to start a business or accumulate property and sell later on

you literally will never be wealthy working for someone else unless you are super educated like a doctor/lawyer/etc

theres a lot of risk in trading in anyway that is short to mid term, it's basically just gambling
plus you need a decent amount of money to get anywhere

welcome to adult life user where buying a house in a growing city is literally the only way to get a pile of money in 20-30 years

fuck my town has doubled in size the last 20 years and people working for minimum wage bought a house back then and now are worth atleast 1/3 a million with a mortgage smaller than a student loan

Keep in mind that there's truly not enough future to go around.... and that thought will begin to sting as you get closer to middle aged and realize that you're barely keeping up financially, let alone coming out ahead.

Yeah bro, everyone wants a stack like that. You either gotta know the right people (most likely having family members that can get you set up in a good paying position), work your ASS off, or supplement your income illegally. And possibly do all 3.

Likely you'll be in the same situation as most of us where saving 50 bucks a week will be very very difficult..... but when it begins to really sting that you're never gonna accomplish anywhere near your dreams (or even what your parents did, people born in the 50s and 60s were making 3X the cash if adjusted for inflation at minimum wage). The 1960s minimum wage would be something like 26 bucks an hour if adjusted for inflation. This is how even blue color guys could, at one point, own a home and a new car with a stay-at-home wife and family. If you think about the economic difference, now a guy doing THE EXACT SAME WORK would struggle to afford even a 1 bdrm apt rent for himself, utilities, and groceries.

The average american barely makes it through the month and lives from paycheck to paycheck

blue collar workers don't earn minimum wage dude, they usually make more and depending on the trade they can easily make over $100K a year.

people who make minimum wage work in fast food/retail, and i doubt those jobs made any sort of decent income 50 years ago

Wow op you are shallow. Money can't buy happiness. If you don't understand that, you are a poor nigger. Not in just a monetary way but in your soul as well

Gtfo eurofag.

yet i wonder why the entertainment and technology industry are literal giants in america

tip : its because the average american spends more on useless shit than they save

Every fortune is made by a evil act.

broker fees alone forces you do use something aroun 30 k if you even want to be profitable

>now a guy doing THE EXACT SAME WORK

You mean, working in a factory or as an electrician?

Those guys make $24 an hour as national average. That's a comfortable middle class lifestyle in most of the country, that goes up with age and mastery. $80k a year for senior guys is normal.

But today's pansy asses can't be bothered to work hark in skilled labor like that. Perfectly happy to sling coffee, but work in hot attics in summertime running wire where you might be electrocuted? Nope.

And so those wages remain high.

Saving money isn't that hard, once you have income. Live below your means. I saved $10k in one year that way.

I was just using the minimum wage as a frame of reference for how much Americas at one point did earn, compared to what they do now.

Due to fucked up ways of calculating the Consumer Price Index, the government cheats the percentage of inflation we actually have. I can tell you this, when I first moved out, roughly 20 years ago even I had a job that paid roughly what mine does now (there were more good paying jobs) and that cash went 3X as far. I tend to buy all the same shit at the grocery store and everything is 3X more expensive. Rent is about double 20 years ago. Incomes are stagnant, or sometimes even lowering on average for the same kinds of work.

This is not the America of your parents and grandparents. If you want to make money, you must do well academically and go to college for something medical or some type of engineering. Yes, those are relatively difficult degrees, but 95% of majors do not make financial sense to get, either they're majors for jobs that no longer exist (computers have eliminated most good paying bureaucratic type jobs) or they're positions that are far rarer than they once were (counselors and psych type degrees).

I do YouTube for a living lmao. Almost at 3 million subs

Because of profligate spending, not lack of income.

They have smart phones, video game consoles, multiple cars, and a two story house with central air, and eat out refularly, but can't seem to save money?

Take your lunch to work. Learn to cook. Don't buy new video games. Reduce your cable and phone packages. Drink tap water. Et cetera.

Not. Hard. But most people seem to lack the clarity of thought or self discipline to do it.

>Saving money isn't that hard, once you have income. Live below your means. I saved $10k in one year that way.

No shit, einstein. The problem is not everyone has that tool set. I, for instance, suck at math. Nearly perfect SAT on verbal though.

Sure, you can "herp derp getta good jowb" speech us, the problem is they're far fewer and even the same work likely pays the same as what it did 30 years ago with purchasing power being a 3rd of what it once was.

Moral of this story is the economy is suffering greatly, achieving what your parents did in most cases, will not be possible. Most people are downwardly mobile (they are adults in much shittier financial situations than they grew up in).

Only if money is the thing you crave. Useless is relative.

How much do you actually earn?

Here's what I did....I make $75k a year.
Bought a house and cars. Nice house, nice cars.
Paid off my credit cards.
Paid off my cars and I'm gonna keep driving them.
So I have the house payment and utilities, cable, etc.
I now have over half my money left over every month.
Save, save, save and I still live well.
Because when you're 60 you're gonna need $1.5 million to retire at the same level as $75k a year.
And play the lottery just in case.

You're assuming your health will still be ok, past 60 and your body starts breaking down and you have to pay most of your savings just to not die

useless is relative to living off of more than a horrible pension when you are 70

I usually get about 1mil views per video, which comes out to around $1k per vid.

right there with you bud, i got mine already

Yep. There's that. It sucks. But I'm not gonna be in some "Living Facility" surrounded by people who hate old white men.

>save save save
>buy shit online that's cheaper than buying it in person
>save money
>start a business
>import shit
>make sure the shit you want to sell is not flooded in the market and is somewhat unique
>dont drink, dont smoke, forget women, fuck gaming off

constantly think about ways to save money and how you can cut back on things you want. only get things you NEED

im adhering to this and ive saved a bit, not a lot, but enough to start a business online

>anyone else feel the same way?
I used to. I make 140K a year and I'm still not happy. I'd give up everything I own without a second thought if it meant that I'd be truly happy. I'm the son of a single woman who worked her ass off just to feed me. On my way up I stepped on a lot of people to get where I am. Now I spend most nights getting drunk and browsing the internet. Money won't make you happy. Happiness is not something which can be bought and sold. Love your family above all else or you'll regret it.

That's a lot less than I thought. You actually live off it or still have a real job too?

saving increases your income
why didn't they teach people this shit in school

spend nothing , work 7 days a week plus over time

thats right you dont want to be rich , stfu now

sell drugs

>I now have over half my money left over every month.

This is really shit advice if you're flaunting having 50% disposible income. This may be a feasible for people who're overpaid for what they do (and electrician is certainly one of those jobs).

. I'm financially secure at 2/3 that rate of income. Here's some sane advice.

>Don't use credit unless it's a situation where you can turn around and pay the whole balance in a few weeks, never more than a couple months, and only in absolute emergencies.
>NEVER have a car payment. A car payment indicates that you're driving more than you can afford. Save and by, and if you're making less than 50k you should NEVER have a car with more than 4k EVER! You can buy a perfectly good 5 year old used car for in that price range. Save and buy, DON'T FUCKING GIVE UP 50% your monthly income for your ride. This is how retarded low income people get stuck at their parents in their 20s/30s.

>and play the lottery just in case
about as sound as anything else you said.

Your "saving plan" is actually hemorrhaging money and you just are so overpaid you feel you're being frugal.

You know why you want that? You've been cucked by the US. Stack of green paper IOUs. That's all I see.

>Money won't make you happy
Having money won't necessarily make you happy but having next to no money will make you more unhappy
prove me wrong: protip, you can't

The average american is retarded

Don't be average

It's actually more than you think. It's on average $1 per 1k, but that is for banner ads. It's about $6 or $7 per each ad before the video. I live off of YouTube.

Challenge accepted.

Dogs are the happiest fucking creatures on Earth. People are the only animals that pay to live on it.

>(and electrician is certainly one of those jobs)

>requires education
>requires certificate after years of experience
>work can only be completed by electrician as mandated by law (leverage)
>decisions and installations can kill people if not done correctly (responsibility)
>industrial who earn the most often work away from home for long periods of time

yea overpaid alright

Who are you?

Learn to play the stock market.

financial reasons are pretty high up there for suicides and divorces, both extremely happy things

It's hard to prove this kind of thing to people who haven't experienced it. I hate how selfish my money has made me. I've become a truly horrible person. Greed is what has always been our downfall. You and I are no different. I advise you not to give into blind greed. It takes you to some dark places that are best left alone.

Any job that makes most of it's money because of government regulation, is overpaid. Assuming a completely libertarian goverment type society, these types of jobs would earn probably half what they do.

This is why the medical industry can make incomes 10X the average in that region. Government regulation. If service tech could, for example, do your xrays or MRIs without a government mandate, prices would instantly be affordable.

depending on which country you live in, you need at least 10k aus (15k usd?) to start