Cities with the best sound

Chicago has the comfiest music ever
>Wilco
>American Football
>Sufjan Stevens (while hes not from there Illinois was heavily based around Chicago and his experiences there and the sound and feelings it makes)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U80mBDHfteg
youtube.com/watch?v=8CErsQzRM70
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Chicago sounds like yelling black people and gun shots

idk as someone from not america chicago always seemed like such a bland, nothing city to me

like whats so special about it besides its size i guess..la and nyc have their thing and the south has various cities here and there and even seattle has a bit of a vibe but what the fuck is chicago

Don't forget one of the epicenters of house music. When it all shakes out, that may be its most important musical legacy.

it had a blues scene back in the day. its had little pockets of stuff over time but yeah, nothing current.

Ghettho tech / footwork

yeah, nothing current

Edm is shit

damn 3 bands based off ur subjective opinion = comfiest music ever

reykjavik

How is that not current? Juke/Footwork didn't come into full fruition until the 00s and didn't come to widespread attention until the very late 00s/early 10s.

Drill is the Chicago sound, although all of the most promising artists keep getting killed or thrown in prison
youtube.com/watch?v=U80mBDHfteg

so not current

see

yeah man i love icelandic music. bork, sigur ros, the list could go on

So what are some more current, forward thinking genre then?

Boise Idaho

drill

did you read the OP? its about comfy music and peak popularity several years ago is not current. I'm not bashing your favorite thing. calm down child

>no one's posted the greatest Chicago album of the millenium

Footwork is so 2015 nobody cares anymore

agreed
youtube.com/watch?v=8CErsQzRM70

i dont even mean current, i mean from the start

>he calls it "edm"

Opinion discarded.

also sorry if i worded it dumb but i meant the entire city, not just music

What about house music? That's arguably Chicago's single biggest contibution to music.

Detroit

Chicago is for people who live in the middle of the country and that's pretty much it. The midwest is still the midwest.

>implying New York isn't the best city for music

new york does not make comfy music

FLEX YOUR MUSCLES

see what i mean. pick it up