/mlb/ General

Worst catcher in the league edition

For news
www.mlb.com
For good news
www.fangraphs.com

Other urls found in this thread:

espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/17101218/christian-yelich-miami-marlins-denies-appearing-false-defamatory-video
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>basebore

>that flag
>being a traitor

>watching this garbage

lmao

>football
>american football
>basketball

rest sucks

>being old af

this

Why'd you list football twice?

>methinals

That's why we have coping mechanisms like copious amounts of anime and in my case recently ZTD and MHG.

Over time the losses turn into the norm, even the soulsucking improbable ones like last night, while wins become unexpected and valued treasures.

Yeah shit sucks but it can't be helped.

actually weaker than roylels shitposting, incredible

royals

Whew lad

You can call who's fans every name in the book except fairweather. Most other fans would have been long gone.

>watching anime

91% chance to win the division

>tfw the Yankees get good in a couple of years and all of the bandwagoners that come in will be insufferable cunts

As shit as this team is right now, at least the gamethreads are comfy.

Since I'm bored with my job and my team is shit, I decided to simulate if the Olympics had baseball and could use the best pros from the MLB. I also decided to start by having qualifiers
The Americas have 2 groups of 6 (Puerto Rico, Venezuela, Canada, Brazil, Panama, Colombia and USA, Cuba, Mexico, Dominican Republic, Nicaragua, CuraƧao)
Here's Team USA. How badly did I fuck it up? I really only used stats like WAR and stuff so I probably have a bunch of meme to everyone

Forgot the picture the first time

I think that original post was referring to the Roylose

>17-32
>literally just over 25%

>The Barvs are 42% away from home

have we talked about this yet

espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/17101218/christian-yelich-miami-marlins-denies-appearing-false-defamatory-video

Objectively better than watching the Sox "play" baseball

Ain't nothing wrong with chomping on the cunny

>not watching anime

Cause hes a massive faggot that unironically calls soccer, football in the united states to appear like hes cultured. Its probably the most reddit thing one can do.

>watching anime

In Russia that makes you gay.

How are there so many whos fans here when they're such an irrelevant team?

Yankees won't be good for another decade.

Does anyone else find it retarded that Puerto Rico and America have different teams? This has never made sense to me.

Angels

>Roylose logic

Undying loyalty/Masochism

The entire PR-USA situation doesn't make much sense.

>jerry blevins is the only Met
top kek

Post the al east one I wanna see its cluster fuck

Fangraphs and MLB.com

>Yankees at 7%
>Steinbrenner LITERALLY believes that this team is a contender

Baltimore has the lead in the division and the best offense power wise and maybe the best defense how will they not win their division

>Baltimore leads the division but has the lowest percentage of the 3
kek

that 7% chance is for if they magically go on a 20 game winning streak

Banking on Big Papi meme magic late in the season maybe

>best defense
literally what? Fangraphs has them at 24th with a negative UZR rating, and -14 DRS.

>Bryce Harper has a .414 slugging percentage in June/July

Will it happen again lads?
Pretty soon mets will get Duda back. Conforto got called up again, going 1-1 last night as a PH. Wheeler will be up here most likely late August.

I think all GMs go "haha what? us? we're not sellers!" if they aren't obviously losing like being ten under .500 even if it's obvious they will sell

i think they think it helps keeps asses sitting in the bleachers at games for as long as possible

>those Atlanta/Philadelphia/Miami lines
man the division really was awful last year
any time you wanna start slumping is fine by us btw miami

Walgreens stock really took a hit

>I wanted to believe again
>Robin won't let me
>Q tonight
Fun

>2012-30
>Quintana Wins
>Winless during final 14 1/2 seasons
>Sisyphus

Top kek

How do we fix and why hasn't asbestos kike ordered it yet

In the division you tard

>jays
>red sox
>Yankees
All better

>Yankees had scouts looking at Sheffield/Bradley/Meija

no stop it!

>Yankees
>better defense
KEKKKKKKKKKITY KEKKKKKKK

Anyone but mejia

Bradley is my prospectfu, I don't want him to go anywhere. I know we need a reliever but having to give up too much bothers me. For some reason I don't believer Miller/Chapman is the answer

Baseball prospectus ranks the Yankees Defensive Efficiency at second in the division (behind the Blue Jays) and 13th overall.

someone is actually trying to tell me that Andrew Miller is better than chapman for the Indians KEK
I'd rather have a younger pitcher who throws 105 and pay for more than have a faggot who doesn't even throw a good slider and is 31 and pay him 6million a year

>Rival execs: NYY going full bore in shaping possible deals w/Chapman, etc.; started weeks ago, as reported. Nats, TEX, CLE, others involved.

Is it time to start warming up the stove?

No because the Indians just acquired mike trout Vinnie pestano and cam bedrosian for Sheffield plutko clevinger and morimando

This is where I think Titoism comes in. Do you want to win RIGHT NOW or do you want to keep at it and keep the future as well? Yeah relief is the one real weakness of the Indians, but I think they can make it all the way to post-season in first as is as, recent bad games notwithstanding. Giving up any of these top prospects for a miracle solution just compromises the franchise, which as we know has mostly struggled since 2001, and that "miracle" isn't a guarantee.

that's why I'm kind of hoping we get someone less prestigious I suppose. Like a Will Smith or Sean Doolittle or something along those lines

>Cubs are getting back on track
>Sox blow it again and give up another 9th inning walk off.
Can't believe there are retards speculating that we'd trade for Baez or Schwarber for that shit job Q.

Pic Related, it's my girl getting ready to go to the Cell next week.

Can you ask her to shoot Robin and Navarro for us?

The wildcard round should be a three game series desu

Either the Yankees sell off all 3 relievers, or none. Its stupid to do anything else.

In due time. Too many shekels to lose. Just like the college football playoffs will soon be 8 teams, and the NCAA tourney will 72 teams.

what about selling Chapman, but keeping Miller and Betances for 2017 and beyond

Czech Republic's catcher's helmet features the Bohemian Lion from the Czech coat of arms. This is from the Women's World Softball Championship, not to be confused with the World Cup of Softball.

Miller is so much better than Chapman

Selling of Betances wouldn't make any sense
Andrew Miller is much better than Chapman, and he wouldn't be a rental.

no one asked

um okay

>wake up
>Robin hasn't been fired

tfw wake up 7/19/16 and Robin Ventura still has a jbo

>Being surprised Jerry Doesn't fire anyone
After 12 years and only 2 playoffs, Kenny was promoted. After almost losing 100 games, Robin got an extension. The ride isn't going to end anytime soon boys

Miller can actually pitch though and doesn't rely on his meme fastball to get batters out.

Mfw the cubs get miller for a fucking prospect 1B.

>meme meme meme
god is this what passes for discussion here now? aroldis chapman is literally more effective as a closer, which is what the indians fucking need
are you seriously dismissing the fact that chapman is one of the most dominant relievers in the league by saying "meme fastball"? fucking canadians i swear man

Miller is better than Chapman though. And his fastball is a meme

Thoughts?

Miller is much more effective than Chapman though. Every batter that goes against Chapman knows that they're going to get a Fastball, so they start swinging early and foul everything off. Include this with the fact that he doesn't have very good control, and you'll see that he throws way more pitches than should be necessary. Miller has a good fastball, and a great sweeping slider that keeps the batter on their toes. They don't know what's coming, so they can't sit on his pitches and foul everything off. Miller is also a better team player and is willing to be put where ever the team needs him to be in order to win. This is also a good showcase of his versatility. Chapman only wants to be a closer, and is very vocal about it.

Neat.

>Chapman's 100+ fastball isn't a meme

>muh control
>muh intangibles

I don't blame Jerry though. He's been a good owner of this team and the Bulls too. Its not Jerry's fault that Robin decided to end up being stupid.

he just threw a 105 last game lol

Great argument, I just had to rethink my whole position in life.

Glad to help, friend.

Good thing I've got loads of anime and games stacked up. My emergency rations if you will.

"Break seal in case of White Sox Baseball"

>muh control
OK now I know youre just retarded

guys is it ok for me to follow two teams if the first is my primary team and the second is just my gf's team

You're allowed to follow three teams. Your team, your GF's team, and her boyfriends team.

Go right ahead if you're a cuck

Thanks guys, I'll get my cuckshed ready

where have all the rags fans gone

>nothing happening right now
SOMEONE MAKE A TRADE REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Puig to the Yankees in exchange for Chapman
DG's memes become reality