Hello, does anyone know the name of the technique through which one can create a realistic imaginary friend...

Hello, does anyone know the name of the technique through which one can create a realistic imaginary friend? I've stumbled upon it a couple of years ago and I forgot the details, I only remember that you usually start with defining the factial features of a human, giving it a name, etc... And later on, when you already master this stuff, you can even create a magical beast which you can talk to. I'm bored. Pls help.

Tulpa

Thank you! Got any experience with it?

No but I am interested in the topic

For obvious reasons it's not wise to force yourself to delude.

What is making you interested?

The fact that you can basically make hallucinations that you can interact with.

I've found a way out of massive confusion and loss of self-perception which I caused with the use of drugs and now I'm searching for a way to spice up my overly mundane life. I will use the tulpa to my advantage.

Maybe I'm overreacting - my life is not as boring as I made it sound, however, I want to get rid of the few boring periods that happen from time to time, when I don't feel like doing anything, by having a tulpa to communicate with.

I know exactly what you mean

bump

Bumping for interest

Schizophrenia

tulpa.info

Bump for interest

?

Don't hear nearly enough about this, so I have a few questions.

1) Would the tulpa's interaction with you sometimes reflect how you percieve yourself? If I gain a few pounds and feel angry about it, would the tulpa point it out and scold me? Like a mental freudian slip.

2) Would it help people who have trouble socializing?

3) Would you be aware at all times that your tulpa is a hallucination?

4) Would the tulpa get boring after a while and does it nessecarily have to be friendly?

5) Could you fuck it?

creating an imaginary friend and talking to it doesn't sound too healthy, just go socialize and get a real friend.

I've been reading through tulpa.info for 30 minutes now and I think I have found most of the answers to your questions.
1) "
Occasionally tulpa will change something about themselves, and it may surprise you, but there is no reason to worry about it as long as both of you are content with it. It’s important to remember that fighting deviation does not help your tulpa, because more often than not the tulpa changes because it wants to. Imagine that you had control over your physical form, and the person closest to you kept trying to deny you some change that you wanted. You would likely find it very frustrating." Just reverse it
2) Tulpas can direct you
3) "Of course they won’t become physical human beings, and unless you delude yourself, you won’t believe that they are."
4) No one knows. No, but very likely yes.
5) You can't fuck something that's not real.

You do realize the tulpa is basically self induced schizophrenia right?

The question we should be asking is, "Is there a way out?"

I rather be crazy than lonely

I have two great real friends, who I've been friends with for a very long time. One I've been friends with for 13 and another for 9 years. I'm convinced that I'm mentally stable enough to attempt creating a tulpa.

If you create tulpa, make him adolf hitler!

And report when youre done!

Yeah, I was wondering the same.
In a similar way as there is no permanent way out of our current state of mind, other than by physically killing yourself, I think there's no way to permanently silence an independent entity that doesn't exist on a physical level.

That's like saying u take prescription drugs and you think you have enough self control to try heroin just once, you really don't want a mental illness they're not fun.

Ah cool. But still I think tulpas are really not for me. Seems unhealthy, but I'm still fascinated by our mind's capacity to consistently fool itself, especially to this extent. The 5th question was there because I remember someone saying they once had sex with their tulpa, but then it became a sex addict or something. Again, fascinating, but not for me.

Unless you both come to a conclusion that it should commit a suicide. Who knows, maybe you can even kill it.

I feel like it would depend on how heavily you delude yourself.

Autism.
Virginity.
Morbid obesity.
/mlp/

Wouldn't you run the risk of killing part of yourself?

I've made myself mentally ill by taking various kinds of psychedelics up to a point of not being able to recognize myself. I couldn't form proper thoughts and consequently I also had major problems with speaking and writing. When I was handwriting, I kept on switching between fonts. I was experiencing intense fluctuations of emotional states, however, mostly I felt worthless, disgusted by myself, ugly, inhuman.
Now I'm all good, but I'm still occasionally bored.

No, man, no. Currently I have a girlfriend and I'm fit.
If that part of me was adverse, I'd do it, of course. It's like that with any disadvantage/weakness that is bothering us, right? We want to get rid of it.

Regarding the autism.

So u got rid of a illness and because you are bored your gonna replace it with another one?
Sounds like a smart plan.

I see it as an enhancement, not as an illness.

Its called being a democrat

You can have a crazy high IQ and still be somewhere on the spectrum, just saying.

I don't mind it.