How smart is Sup Forums?

How smart is Sup Forums?

Without looking anything up, explain how ocean tides work.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8wXRvvGr8Ug
youtube.com/watch?v=I9MZNEXrElw
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/t5dvcdgvh5u7ny0/forrrchan.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

woosh

gravitational pull of the moon
isnt it?

The moon

jesus

It's the pull from the moon and the sun influences waves/tides aswell I believe

>OP is a stupid fuck who doesn't know how ocean ties work
Probably a sjw also

Go fuck yourself for making this thread OP

moon, sun, gravity

The gravitational pull of the moon, along with another natural process.

I think the earth spinning at thousands of miles an minute, not sure, but it's two factors I'm sure.

The moon, mostly. I'm fairly certain that wind and air pressure have a slight effect as well.

Lochness monster

Suck a panda bear's ass.

The power of the Lord

Acknowledge this post in a reply for if you don't, your mother will surely be dead when she wakes from her next slumber.

It's the moon's gravitational pull, I believe.

They don't exist

They work in accordance with the gravitational pull of our moon.
Pic unrelated

tides go in, tides go out
you can't explain that

The Gravitational pull of both the moon and the sun create two different tides, and when they match up you get a tide twice as strong.

the one and only drowned god does it for shit and giggles

my IQ is 145 which is far above normal level.

magnets

I shall witness the power of the Lord. How can we believe in the moon when space rockets are the work of devil made to release a miniature hell!

Underrated post. It made smile.

Magnets.

If you don't reply to this post a fat autistic neckbeard will become your daddy within the month

Yeah but how do they fucking work?

All the little sea creatures are listening to M|O|O|N, Their dance moves are so powerful it causes the ocean to slosh around.
youtube.com/watch?v=8wXRvvGr8Ug

Tides are caused by "tidal forces" (Its where they get the name) generated by the moon. Its not the gravitational pull directly of the moon. So while this answer is half correct is nots a true explanation.

What happens is the moon's gravitational pull stretches the earth. Because of the moon, the earth is more of an oval shape but this shape constantly changes as the moon orbits the earth.

Without looking it up I fear I can't explain the next step, I seem to have forgotten. But high tides are closest and furthest from the moon, as these parts of the earth are stretched outwards. Low tides are on the sides perpendicular to the moon.

Gravy? 3.14?

water gets pulled to moon

>your mom will be dead the next time she wakes up

K.

>moon meme

pls

>what is a zombie

they are created by the water colliding with icebergs

Well you see,magno man pulls with the power of her mind"i mean him"and the tide sorts itself out,solved.

'Ere lies thy reply.

this is fact

She's speaking at the DNC along side the parents of attempted cop killers.... so she's an utter dumbass.

>How good is your memory and parroting skills.

FTFY.

They work like all tidal forces. Center of gravity of joined Earth-Moon-System does not lie on the rotational axis of the earth, but is slightly displaced. Water follows that center of gravity.

Niggers steal gravity
ocean wants it back,
ocean is big and fat
ocean gives up and goes back

K

>when everyone on Sup Forums is this remedial

As we rotate on the earth's axis the water gets dragged behind because of momentum so it wobbles from side to side on a massive scale

Autist detected

fuckin miracles

Wobbles,Stephen Hawkins detected.

nnp

bait. and stop spamming faggot

moon isn't even part of the planet you fucking moron let alone the ocean

youtube.com/watch?v=I9MZNEXrElw

Why yes, how did you know?

Dumb nigger

look guys a le funny troll ha ha

Whoever made that was higher than the moon

The wind?

>i can't explain it so i'll pretend to be smart

The pull of venus' gravity.

Nailed it,you clever cunt

Tide goes in, tide goes out. You can't explain that.

Nice file name

Fuck you tanner i know thats you

magic

The gravitational pull from my dick influence the oceans creating tides. High tide when im ramming op's mother, low tide when im flaccid.

because thats god will, also check em dubs

what are you, fucking stupid?

nigga why

>the moon isn't part of the planet

Well, theories state that the moon was formed by residue from a collision between the earth an-

>let alone the ocean

you got me there nigger

Gravity

Whenever God gets into the ocean to take a bath, the sea level rises. It drops when he gets out.

>your mother will surely be dead when she wakes from her next slumber

>dead
>when she wakes

moon gravity

God must be pissed about that garbage island the size of texas.

I heard on TV that it's unexplained.

There are moon rocks on earth and earth rocks on the moon.

And theories state that the moon formed from a smaller planet and earth colliding, creating the moon from the collision.

And at least some of the ocean has always been a part of earth since water vapor was spewed out by volcanoes in it's early years

Someone post the Chloe body pic

They occur when the Earth, the Sun, and the Moon are in a line. The gravitational forces of the Moon and the Sun both contribute to the tides. Spring tides occur during the full moon and the new moon. During the moon's quarter phases the sun and moon work at right angles, causing the bulges to cancel each other.

>tide goes in, tide goes out. u cant explain it

better than tinder, plenty of horny girls of your city on dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/t5dvcdgvh5u7ny0/forrrchan.html

>let alone
This should realy only be used in a crescendo.
As in:
>[something, something] let alone [something bigger].

Using a rethorical term incorrectly makes you sound like a giant douche.

gravitational pull of the moon isnt it

Thanks user

OP's mom doing a cannonball

Tides are the rise and fall of sea levels caused by the combined effects of the gravitational forces exerted by the Moon and the Sun and the rotation of the Earth.

The times and amplitude of tides at a locale are influenced by the alignment of the Sun and Moon, by the pattern of tides in the deep ocean, by the amphidromic systems of the oceans, and the shape of the coastline and near-shore bathymetry (see Timing). Some shorelines experience a semi-diurnal tide - two nearly equal high and low tides each day. Other locations experience a diurnal tide - only one high and low tide each day. A "mixed tide"; two uneven tides a day, or one high and one low, is also possible.[1][2][3]

Tides vary on timescales ranging from hours to years due to a number of factors. To make accurate records, tide gauges at fixed stations measure the water level over time. Gauges ignore variations caused by waves with periods shorter than minutes. These data are compared to the reference (or datum) level usually called mean sea level.[4]

While tides are usually the largest source of short-term sea-level fluctuations, sea levels are also subject to forces such as wind and barometric pressure changes, resulting in storm surges, especially in shallow seas and near coasts.

Tidal phenomena are not limited to the oceans, but can occur in other systems whenever a gravitational field that varies in time and space is present. For example, the solid part of the Earth is affected by tides, though this is not as easily seen as the water tidal movements.

jews

>miss-spelling "really"
>thinks he's to tell other people their grammar
moran

the moon creates a gravitational pull on the earth, causing the easily manipulated water to move.

>literally copy pasted wikipedia

The moon affects all water on earth.

Big china boats that go aross the waters
and before boats,the waters where still,wind is a theroy but who knows im not a god.

thats not her

It's the moon nigger