Is there an example of a soccer player who is great at dribbling, passing, shooting, and defending?

is there an example of a soccer player who is great at dribbling, passing, shooting, and defending?

I see lots of players who are good at crosses or freekicks, or getting in the way of other players, or finishing, or good in the air, but ive never seen player who can do all of those effectively. Messi is maybe the closest but he isnt good in the air or at defending.

Does such a soccer player exist in the world?

Has such a soccer player ever existed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qxsyyvCZl4c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yaya

A player who is good at shooting, passing and dribbling would rarely be asked to showcase defensive attributes.

But someone's probably gonna say David Alaba and I'm preemptively calling them a cunt.

>dribbling
check
>passing
check
>shooting
check
>defending
check

Messi is the GOAT for a reason

Pogba

that would be nearly impossible to have that level of specialization in that many areas.

that's like a basketball player that is an actual great shooter, passer, ballhandler, defender and rebounder. It's possible in theory but you'll probably never see it.

and before anybody says LeBron, fuck off.

james

>that's like a basketball player that is an actual great shooter, passer, ballhandler, defender and rebounder.

Nope, that's why footy is good

Even if such a good player existed, he probably wouldn't be a perfect run through his career

If one sport has an undisputed GOAT it's because it's a lesser and dead sport

good defender, good rebounder, above average shooter

so, no.

Emre Can

bale. he was a right back in his youth days and still defends well.

Cavani used to be, Vidal almost
As for the past: Albertini, Zambrotta, Vieira, Davids off the top of my head

>choking
check

That would be Arturo Vidal m8
Also
>sawker

Yeah, Cavani was one of the closest things to a good allrounder.

He was a good striker, with skill, physical strength, endurance and helped a lot with the defense.

He became shit tho, I don't know what went wrong.

gullit

>great
nah. closest you'll find would be box to box midfielders or others who centrally like those

pogba desu

There already is

Pogba

Never seen a forward defending as much as he did, it was incredible
Dat fucking stamina too

Arturo Vidal

Dimitrious "Might Mouse" Johnson?

Yes, he was everywhere and could run 120 minutes straight, it was like he had three lungs.

Plebs used to say he was shit because he didn't score much in comparison to Suarez or Forlán but he was the most hardworking of our 2010-11 offensive trident. They couldn't see how he helped everyone all over the field. At Napoli he also was a beast.

Sadly he started pressing less and became a shittier striker as well. In 2010-2011 I wouldn't have rated him much lower than Suarez.

tries to play like he's still 23

I think being in Ibra's and Suarez' shadows really hurt him psicologically, but maybe that's too simplistic

Redondo?

Though I guess his shooting isn't exactly great but all the others he is literally world class at.

Any utility players in footy.
Vidal (played CB in the CL, plays in the midfield either as an attacking player or defensive)
Grosssssssekuts
One of the Ginter bros
Pogba I guess, he's a meme but he played Forward before and now he's played as a midfielder
And lastly, the GOAT, Hummels. Germans HATE him, but tbqh he's a great passer, GOAT defender, a ball playing center back, and can shoot tbqh

Gareth Bale

suarez, he is world class in any position except GK and CB,and he'd give them a go

he already proved himself as a goalkeeper

>people saying Pogba
You have never seen him play, he cant defend.
To answer to OP, if you mean that they arte pretty good at it, then every good wingback/fullback, some winger too and good box to box mids. But elite in all those skills? No one

Carli Lloyd

Dunno if Lahm can header but he is basically the complete player, Alaba is in the same vein also

Steven Gerrard great passer, tackler, crosser, finisher, headerer, set piece taker, blooter hitter, slipper. Maybe not dribbling though I guess. Lampard too because Lampard was basically Gerrard but maybe slightly better.

Paul Pogba tbhfams

youtube.com/watch?v=qxsyyvCZl4c

Lothar Matthäus

alaba?

Jeffrey Schlupp

retards

Hope Solo.

Verratti, but he rarely shoots

Beckenbauer

>I don't know what went wrong
Time user. In modern futbol the prime gets shorter every 5 years.

Aaron Ramsey is a pretty complete midfielder when given the freedom to own the midfield like he is for Wales or when Arteta was still good for Arsenal. Great finisher, tenacious tackler, creative passer.

Such players can't really showcase their full array of skills in soccer though since games are rarely even enough to require equal effort on both fronts, and if they are the playera can't fully throw themselves to both duties and have to be conservative in one or the other.

Busquets

/thread

>Such players can't really showcase their full array of skills in soccer though since games are rarely even enough to require equal effort on both fronts, and if they are the playera can't fully throw themselves to both duties and have to be conservative in one or the other.
This. These kind of players can barely show their skills in average matches. It's in important games, playing semis, finals or for their NT's when you an really appreciate them at their top game.

Alex Morgan

Lebron is not a great shooter, everything else is about right

id love for 17 to dribble my balls

David Alaba

I hate Livershit, but Can is a well rounded player. Still not what this thread is calling for IMO.

Who the qt on the right

Sergio Ramos
Philip Lahm
Emre Can

/thread

Prime Gerrard. Weakest attribute would've been dribbling out of those given but he was still great.

>le jog around man
>good at defending

Ruud Gullit
Lothar Matthaus