ITT: Biggest blunders in music history

if Noel had saved the b-side songs for the third album and not made every song 10 minutes too long it could have been their best album. noel even has acknowledged it himself

1. Acquiesce
2. All Around The World (shortened to 3-4 minutes)
3. Half The World Away
4. Stand By Me (shortened with less repetition of the chorus)
5. (It's Good) To Be Free
6. Don't Go Away
7. Listen Up
8. Going Nowhere
9. Headshrinker
10. The Masterplan
11. D'You Know What I Mean?

they would have been remembered by the masses in the same sentence as the beatles, stones, zeppelin and pink floyd

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xKsT0Z6HW5k
e6townhall.com/archive/index.php/t-18135.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Be here now is a good song

Which one was a bigger blunder?

after watching supersonic i no longer like them
bunch of assholes especially Noel
wasn't for liam he wouldn't be shit

>implying Noel isn't based

it would still have sounded like MG pt2, the best they could've done is to wait 1-2 years before making another album and then come back with a
SOTSOG-tier album, but with better songs

1. fucking in the bushes
2. go let it out
3. who feels love
4. headshrinker
5. listen up
6. the masterplan
7. angel child
8. cloudburst
9. roll it over

plus 2-3 new ones

>Be Here Now is bad

Definitely Maybe is untouchable. However, at only 11 tracks long, they could have included Fade Away on there

Morning Glory should have contained Acquiesce, Talk Tonight and The Masterplan. Ditch the 2 Swamp Song tracks. Would have been the legit GOAT album

Be Here Now. I dunno, I kind of love it for the way it is despite its flaws. It just defines the madness of the era and how fucking massive and coked up a band they were. Still, if they'd ditched the title track and the reprise at the end, shortened a few tracks and included Stay Young, it would have been received much better

But hey, I think its a testament to Noel's genius that so many amazing songs were buried as B-sides. And the fact is that millions of fans know those B-sides as well as the others, and not just because of The Masterplan album

Oasis GOAT. Best British band since the Beatles. Defined an entire era and generation. Madferit, conkers, the fucking lot. Live Forever

Oasis will be remembered as a dime a dozen band that was responsible in leading the way in taking all the dynamic range out of music. Their discography is almost unlistenable on headphones.

Owen Morris brick-walling ftw

They got kicked out of Abbey Road for being too loud, fucking lel

If this album weren't released, Bowie would have one of the best album streaks in music history.

I try to give oasis a chance every couple of years, and they always disappoint me with their fucking boring songwriting.

You had to be there then

They get mentioned daily here. They are kind of a big deal

>You had to be there then

congratulations, your fetishized music is objectively bad

>objectively bad

Yeah, well, thats just like, you know, your opinion, man

>1. Acquiesce
>2. All Around The World (shortened to 3-4 minutes)
>3. Half The World Away
>4. Stand By Me (shortened with less repetition of the chorus)
>5. (It's Good) To Be Free
>6. Don't Go Away
>7. Listen Up
>8. Going Nowhere
>9. Headshrinker
>10. The Masterplan
Wow that's shitty. It just sounds like a random jumble of tracks

Just turn it down you pussy

D'you know what i mean is the best song they did desu

The Albums That Never Were guy made a shorter edit of Be Here Now, cut all the songs down so the album was under and hour long. He used a vinyl rip that wasn't brickwalled. Can't find any links though.

>He used a vinyl rip that wasn't brickwalled
It's still brickwalled. The vinyl was pressed using the CD master

Critical reception of Pinkerton, Weezer would have put out some seriously good shit if it hadn't of been panned

Be Here Now...Naked!

youtube.com/watch?v=xKsT0Z6HW5k

I prefer the coked up monster original

Hmm, well there's probably more headroom, since the album at CD dbs can't be pressed on vinyl. There could theoretically be peeks not present on the CD

has anybody noticed the selly-ester watts field in this album?

Oasis were so fucking colossal that it didn't matter that half their best tracks were B-sides

They knew how good they were, that was the whole point. They walked the talk, they were the undisputed Gods of the 90s

>since the Beatles

You haven't listened a lot of music have you

meh, it's just a cover album. it's not supposed to be amazing or anything

Oasis is going to get huge again just you wait

Nice assumption

You're wrong but like most people on Sup Forums you can't deal with someone else's subjective opinion

That's the problem! You have 12 amazing albums surrounding it and you have this dud shoved in the middle. It's just awkward in his discography

What's with all the Oasis and britpop threads recently

Second Coming isn't even bad, key tracks like Breaking into Heaven and Tightrope are better than anything on their debut save maybe I Wanna Be Adored. Driving South and Daybreak are fun rock songs, Ten Storey Love Song and Love Spreads are good pleb b8 pop songs.
Begging You is just pure adrenaline, would've loved to see them evolve that sound on a third album.
Even contains some great trippy patrician moments like the opening (total pleb filter btw) and hidden track the Foz. Honestly just think people were turned off because they had to wait too long and both the band and the madchester scene had long since moved on.
They were expecting something they obviously wouldn't receive.

>tfw constantly forget it exists and keep thinking he actually had that illusive incredible space oddity to scary monsters streak

Burgers are asleep.

I know your pain, brother.

It's not even a dud desu. I was pleasantly surprised.

>I was pleasantly surprised.
And you're probably the only one that was.

It's a 5 at best.

it's literally 3pm here can't you tell time?

>not just using the full length versions of the tracks making the record 40 minutes and calling it an album so people would know it fucking exists
It would be their best album by far too.

You have like three different time zones, I don't keep track of that shit.

this
the EP as it stands is over half an hour long

That's literally +/- 1 or 2

Are you retarded?

No, I just don't give a shit about what time it is across the ocean.

Do you often post without thinking?

>making anything past pic related without david baker
>start doing edgeless granny renditions of spiritualized, fooling plebs into thinking fucking deserter's songs is even remotely close to being their magnum opus
>refusing to play the early stuff live
Mercury Rev today is literally a zombie band blocking the originals legacy.

>hasn't heard See You On The Other Side
>hasn't heard Harmony Rockets
So much for your theory

Le wonderwall lmaoooo soo boring xd
oasis is trash because i said so x'DDD

t. Sup Forums

See You on the Other Side is okay, but a hollow shell in comparison to Yerself is Steam and Boces.

>hollow shell
How so?

The production is more lush and the songwriting is superior

Unless this is all about
>muh noisy guitars!
>muh off-key drunken Barker ramblings!

>the songwriting is superior

Wait, really?! How'd I miss that one??

Saw your post in the other thread last night, excited to try listening this way (especially since I haven't heard The Masterplan b-sides yet).

After liking the first two albums quite a bit, I was huuugely let down by the ridiculously-overlong mess of BHN. Can any Oasis fans describe what the rest of their albums are like? The descriptions of SOTSOG sound awesome from what I've read

SOTSOG is awesome for the first two tracks and the rest is a hit or miss

Agh. How about in relation to the previous 3 albums? What do you think about those?

Pretty poor. Oasis from 1993 - 1998 in all capacities, studio and live, was classic (even if BHN the album was a disappointment).

>Wait, really?! How'd I miss that one??
It's not on his blog. He had just done it separate. I have no idea where to find it though, all the links I've seen on oasis blogs are dead

Oh damn. Never knew he posted any outside his site, wonder what else I've been missing. That guy makes great mixes.

>After liking the first two albums quite a bit, I was huuugely let down by the ridiculously-overlong mess of BHN. Can any Oasis fans describe what the rest of their albums are like? The descriptions of SOTSOG sound awesome from what I've read
It is by far the best SOUNDING Oasis album. Imagine the loops and production of D'Yer Know What i Mean, but for a whole album. Half the band quit, so it's just Noel doing all the bass and guitars and keyboards.

The problem is that the songs are just simply not as good as the first three albums. Noel literally ran out of good songs, and only half the album are as well written as the previous bulk. And then he for some reason let Liam write a song which is the most awful thing you can imagine.

SOTSOG would make a great EP, but not an album.

I know he did a few Flaming Lips things, he was active on that old messageboard. He made a stereo Zaireeka that's great and I think some edits of the 24 Hour Song.

All I found from a super quick search was this: e6townhall.com/archive/index.php/t-18135.html

Very sad the media fire link is down:(

I think is stereo Zaireeka was up on what.cd.

Be here now is the only good song n that fucking album

People got tired of the memes so now it's safe to post about Oasis mad blur again

With a lot of work, cutting out shit and added gaze this could actually be decent.

Fuck, man

Yoooo, if anyone has this PLEASE share!

Bump for interest.

gas panic is ripper m8

Are you retarded?

Are you?

I am.

1. D'You Know What I Mean?
2. Acquiesce
3. Stand By Me
4. All Around The World
5. Half The World Away