Dear people who constantly denounce other Sup Forums goers as plebs that listen to (p4k, scaruffi, Sup Forums...

Dear people who constantly denounce other Sup Forums goers as plebs that listen to (p4k, scaruffi, Sup Forums, RYM)-core, what is the "legit" way of finding music?

Discogs.com

Getting a music education and using it to find your own distinct taste.

Discogs and record label exploring

RYM is fine. The others are ass and make you a boring drone with no original taste of your own.

All of them

nothing wrong with RYM

Isn't Discogs just a site that lists all releases by an artist? How can you use it to find music?
What do you consider as music education? I've created the thread because this kind of behaviour seems to be inherent only to online forums. If you tell a real life musician that you like Miles Davis and Mozart, he's going to converse. A frustrated anonymous guy will attack you however that you are a pleb cunt. If you then mention that you like Morton Feldman and Erik Satie, you'll get branded as a poseur. So i'm wondering, what the fuck does actually count as real, unique music? Should we listen to obscure Ukrainian avant-garde synthpop releases on cassette tapes?

discogs is tight found a lot of great shit on there

What you listen to doesn't matter. How you justify it is what defines your taste.

>How can you use it to find music?
usually the releases are fully credited, and you can navigate that way
users also upload lists of all kinds, and there is a marketplace built in so you can trawl the whole site pretty effectively

easily the best site for learning about music

you like a record? search it on discogs, find out who produced it
or maybe you like the way it's mixed, find out who mixed it
look at all the other things they mixed

trust me, it's a lot better than relying on RYM users comparing dick sizes

Thank you.
But what should this justification consist of? I mean, what justification would be correct for someone who listens to noise? What if he just likes the experiences he gets from a sonic/subjective viewpoint? Without any academic or theoretic arguments.

>"Dear..."

Fucking kill yourself

What's wrong with that you rude moron

>go to discogs
>put Not on Label

goldmine of obscure artists

trying to find artists that way is as efficient as scrolling through all new releases on bandcamp

I suggest negativing through bandcamp if they have one. Some people have fan profiles so you can look through there.

MetalArchives

nothing wrong with using it to find music but to think they purport an objective truth or have any credibility in ranking music is retarded and you should be treated like one.

except thats not the least bit necessary, and couldn't be further from the actual definition of taste

i have over 360 days of music and i use wikipedia

I basically just stumble onto things I like. Some of them are from seeing them live, some through labels, some through friends, some I do find through the internet. As long as you don't just take Sup Forums or scaruffi or whoever as the word of god I think you're good.

radio, last.fm, youtube

just go to youtube

What exactly is wrong with having no "original" taste as long as I am enjoying music and am able to discuss it with people easier.

>If you tell a real life musician that you like Miles Davis and Mozart, he's going to converse.

Then talk to more musicians.

Actual music fans are pretty cool when they're talking about the music they like. There's a lot of "bests" in the world.

What's useless are music critics who feel they need to review everything.

Craptano is the epitome of this type of leech. He should be beaten to death

if you have something new to add to the conversation about the music everyone else is already discussing by way of a more in-depth theoretical knowledge for example, nothing
but it just implies that you're relatively new to the community and trying hard to adapt. i'd much rather see total "plebs", Sup Forums outsiders or rather insiders in areas this board or rym care very little about about, i'd rather see those because they offer something new

allmusic
youtube