Hey Sup Forums,how do you deal with sadness?

Hey Sup Forums,how do you deal with sadness?
Also a general feels thread i guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IX4X2I4HQ7s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

masturbation or video games

/thread

I wish I knew

you just let it there, it seems (at least to me) that after a while you don't care anymore, same way noone seems to care about you and your feelings, you stop caring about them too. The sadness just piles up.
Of course at first you cry and feel miserable, eventually you have no more tears to shed and you just live as an empty vessel, you just live. Just live.

Get your adrenaline pumping

If really bad; art, writing and long baths intermingled with crying and talking it out.

If normal depression level feels; walking, gaming, reading, masturbation, sleeping and talking it out.

Becoming a wreck of a man can happen to the best of us,but dont give in.

I make art then ruin it because I know it's crap.

Get high/drunk and cry myself to sleep

With who do you talk it out with,Sup Forums or IRL friends?

Well,you aren't alone.I do that myself often enough.

I don't like to talk about my feels with people I know because I don't want to sound like a dramatic pussy.

That being said I feel like a hollowed out shell of who I was before my ex fiance packed all her shit while I was at work, took the cats, and left.

Real life, internet or complete strangers. Usually a select few of good internet/irl crossover people. Never Sup Forums people.

Cannabis every day.

I heard that weed use actually increases your chances of killing yourself in males.

It's the worst when they take away something dear to you,and pets are like family members after all.
I hope she is taking good care of them.
That said,now that you are empty,you have a good chance to actually live.You may not feel like it but go on a vacation to somewhere,possibly with a friend,maybe try to get into religion,find a hobby or something to keep you occupied until the pain starts fading away.

Too much can be a depressive, especially stong skunk n shit, but a little resin here and there can be an excellent tool for taking the edge of mental issues.

It's been 3 years. Some ups and downs. Mostly low downs. I still want to let a car run me over.

as pathetic as it sounds, crying helps. crying hard and crying lots. the important thing to remember is no one will care how much you cry, it's all for you buddy.

there are quite a few studies claiming crying can relieve stress (look it up) and I for one agree. Once you've got every last drop of self pity out of you (and it is self pity, no one will ever really care), there's no other option than to get up and do something constructive. Let it out OP, let it out.

or, you know, you could be less of a fag.

It takes time to recover,but if you ever want to go out,say fuck it and go on a trip through a foreign country,worst thing that can happen is that nothing would change,the best is that you could make some friends,reinvigorate yourself.
I plan on doing that,some day.
By the way,why did you and your ex part?

Thanks,that is part of how i cope.
Those 2 in the mornings can be very tough,and vodka helps with that,atleast partially

Thanks,that is part of how i cope.
Those 2 in the mornings can be very tough,and vodka helps with that,atleast partially.

Help me Sup Forums

>Be me, 19yo college freshman
>Dating needy, delusional bitch
>There's a cute girl in my speech class
>Don't think much of it
>Eventually have group speeches and get her to be in group
>Exchange numbers, start texting about speech then about normal stuff
>Start hanging out for speech practice then just as friends
>Gorgeous, hates nigs, great sense of humor
>I catch feels
>She's got a BF though
>Think she might like me but shrug it off
>Continue with year
>One night she texts me after hanging at the library "Hey can I tell you something?"
>Sure
>"I just wanna say I like you"
>MFW
>"I really like you too honestly, you're an awesome girl"
>She says we shouldn't make rash decisions as we are both in relationships, just see how it goes
>A week later break up with bitch GF
>Winter break starts
>Don't hear from her for a while
>Then she starts calling me every night after being with BF
>It's great
>Come back from winter break
>Early Feb. she rights me a long letter
>"You're unlike any other guy I've met. I'm hopelessly stuck on you and BF. I often think about kissing you, if my parents would like you, etc. But BF is my comfort zone. Idk what it'll take to leave him, but I'm worried that when I do you won't want me anymore"
>Fuckyes.jpg
>I tell her that he takes her for granted and I would do whatever it took to make her happy if we dated
>(Her BF is a paranoid, cheating, psycho. Similar to my ex)
>Write her letter next week saying she was worth the wait
>Fast forward to Spring Break
>Still talk on phone every night
>Go have dinner with her and friends at her house. Meet parents. They love me obv.
>Spring break ends
>Next week her BF is on Spring Break
>Don't see/hear from her all week
>She's afraid he'd show up there
>Get a text following week
>"I just wanna talk about us. Because I'm dating BF and its not on the cards to break up with him. What I want is for us to be friends."
>Ummm ok

Well said faggot

may i ask why she left?

Smoke, drink with unreliable friends and cry and listen to sad music.
Fuck my life.

>Think she just means scale it back
>Oh well
>I begin to be insecure about her feelings for me
>But she still is flirty
>Constantly teases me saying things like "oh me and your friend who I'll never meet are totes gonna bang" with a grin
>Clearly tries to make me jelly
>FF to day before summer
>"I guess I was vague when I texted you before, I don't like you anymore"
>WHAT THE FUCK
>I ask why
>"We just click more as friends in my eyes"
>ARE YOU KIDDING
>Spiral
>Speak to her sparingly
>Then don't speak to her for like 2 weeks
>She texts me "I heard your bro enlisted in army, tell him congrats. great thing for our country"
>Lel wtf
>So salty I hadn't texted her
>"Oh thanks I'll tell him"
>"yeah I know you hate me so we don't have to continue this convo"
>"Eh I don't hate you really"
>Say I'm tired of how shitty things got between us and want it to go normal again
>"Me too"
>FF to now
>We talk on phone almost every day
>My feelings are still there
>Still with BF
>I can't bring myself to hate her
>I also want to believe she has feelings to
>After all, how the fuck can someone lose feelings in like a fucking week??
>So confused

Any advice anons?

I posted in the previous thread.
Girlfriend of three years probably wants to cut me off and is afraid to tell me. I don't have the heart to break it off if I'm wrong then I just make things worse.
Fuck.

I honestly think her ex had something to do with that,she is probably confused as well,but hey,im not a psychiatrist.

What makes you think that?

Just Kill yourself

Sounds like an attention grabbing so and so.

I wouldn't take this advice, because I know what it's like to be in a situation like yours, but you have to find a way to move on and live your life.

If she respected you, none of this would have happened.

I avoid public places, minimize human interaction (limited exclusively to parents and the internet), and dedicate myself to my hobbies. No drinking or smoking/doing drugs, because that would only exacerbate the problems. I remember the better times, and dream about having a better future for myself.

I've found that it's a lot easier to go about it if you avoid people.

I drink to feel

how i deal with sadness?
i smoke 1 or more joints

She's still dating him though. Not an ex. But I know what you mean.

>why did you and your ex part?

It was a lot of things.
She had just gotten her masters degree and we had been planning on getting married and moving away to a place where she would work. I got cold feet about it and started drinking a lot and one night after she had to search the streets to find me after I passed out I told her I couldn't marry her because I felt so hesitant. We spent a week or two apart but after a bit I started staying back at our house and we got back together and I thought we had worked through it and I was committed to being who she needed and I thought our relationship had just been through something that would make it stronger than it was. I was determined to be the best version of myself and I cleaned up and told her I wanted to be with her the rest of my life because she was the best friend I ever had. Then, a monday night in september I got home from work and the place was cleaned out. I went into the bedroom and she was waiting for me and I told her she got a little carried away with cleaning jokingly. It didn't register that she was packing to leave me. She told me she was leaving me and she figured we'd both be happier in the long wrong. The weirdest part is I didn't fight her about it or try to changer her mind. I just said okay and watched her get into her car and drive off. I still feel like she was expecting me to try to make her stay and if I just said something it might have been different. Maybe the fact that I didn't do anything made her sure she wanted to be apart from me. She and I were together since we were teenagers. so about 7-8 years of being with someone a lot of the time and knowing each other intimately and lovingly. We were really best friends, I know it sounds hackneyed but that's how I felt about her.

Long story. We've been on a break for the past month or so. I still see her from time to time. Summoned up the courage to finally discuss what she wants in our relationship and if it's even worth holding on to false hope. She tells me she loves me but doesn't know what she wants.
She seems to be taking everything easier then I am. I wish she would just be straight up with me so Im not caught in this fucking constant state of insecurity.

I blame myself cause I'm a failure and a soft hearted person.

Sounds to me she's playing around with your feelings because she knows she just needs some sweet talk to make you forgive her for anything.

Just move on. I know it's easier said than done, but she's the one who's taking you for granted now. The more you wait, the more you'll hurt yourself.

ayy dubs

It's better to regret something you did than something you didn't do.
You tried,but she believes you aren't a good couple i guess.
If you really have nothing else to go for,try talking to her,it might make things clearer,or at least give you a closure?
Being soft hearted is very far away from a weakness,it's what makes you human.

Marijuana, once i get sad on mj, i sober up. Etc... Friends, family, games, nature, mushrooms, reading, writting, dreaming, women, TIME.

She hasn't talked to me in years. She won't talk to me. I gave up after a few months she told me to not try to talk to her again.

Ask me anything else. I'm good at stuff.

I doubt she would do that unless she truly was in love with you.
Atleast you got to experience what true love is,unlike some people here.
I guess the only thing left is to move on,and cherish that it happened,not regret it.
But hey,atleast you got it out of your system.

Yeah I guess.
I have just been getting on with life. I'm about to transfer to university in 6 months.

First of all, do something to keep you occupied, something you like. Take a bath, drink something warm and just relax. Cry it out as much as you have to, there's no shame in crying, only strength. Never underrestimate your parents' comforting ability, talk it out with them.

That's actually great to hear and pretty commendable,what are you studying for?
Advice is always appreciated,user.

Don't laugh.
Ilustration

youtube.com/watch?v=IX4X2I4HQ7s

That made me chuckle,but that pic was very much related.

Women are heartless

being a single man is a lot hard than being a single woman. It's just not socially acceptable for men to openly have a large emotional support structure. Men are only allowed to have one: their significant other, and if they don't have one then they are shit out of luck in our culture. Where as women are free to be supported by everyone in their lives and she isn't seen negatively at all for it.

I think this is what you're referring to.

Don't be a cuck

This is a solid feels thread. No fags belittling people. Nice

GF left me. We went back quite a few years but I had lived my life up until then in a pretty selfish and secretive way going way back to my girlfriend before her whom I cheated on once majorly and couldn't shake the desire to basically lead a double and sometimes triple life. Out-smarting people, manipulating them and being able to create a situations where no one got hurt yet I got everything I wanted were what I lived for. I knew I was digging a hole in my soul but one thought that would cross my mind was that if someone found out something and she left me, they both left me, weird shit happened or everything ends somehow, that I wouldn't feel sadness bc I had prepared self by damaging myself. I'd just cut everyone off and be on my way. 6 years in, she found out some shit I did maybe a year previously, told me the old 'what are you doing with your life? You take nothing seriously, I know you cheated on me bc I know you cheated on your ex' (which strangely enough, I had never cheated on her, only the previous girl, with her.) She left, I did feel some sadness but then I was like 'It's time to fuckin party'. I fortunately had some great drinking buddies, it was the start or summer and we all had our own apartments near the campus, freedom and cars. Alcohol, loose women, dancing, heavy metal jams, I partied for about 3 years before moving to colorado, getting a great job and truely starting over just in time to really grow up. Once again though, all for myself.

We are not here to judge,user.