Reminder that this trilogy exists

Reminder that this trilogy exists

Worse than the prequels

Objectively this. The prequels have interesting ideas, some of which are well executed.

This is just a total fucking cashgrab bereft of any artistic merit or love.

Everyone loved the first 2 movies. The 3rd one is when everyone decided all 3 were crap for some reason.

The first 2 Star Wars prequels were always shit. The 3rd one was barely watchable.

isn't The Hobbit fewer pages than any LOTR book? I've only read the former

>Third act of second movie consists mostly out of Smaug scenes
>Not featured on poster
>Third movie has a 5-minute battle scene with Smaug
>Featured on half of the poster

>everyone loved the first 2 movies
nope

Yes, it's also more aimed at children

I enjoyed all of them.

first one was meh, think I just enjoyed it more as a return to the LOTR universe.

2nd one was alright, I thought Smaug was dope but the way they had the cliff hanger ending was just fucking stupid

3rd one was hot fucking garbarge

I concur

>Watched the first Lord of the Rings in cinema when it first came out
>Fell asleep because it was so fucking boring
>Don't bother with 2 or 3
>Ignore Hobbit 1
>Go with friends to see Hobbit 2
>It's... watchable...
>Watch Hobbit 1
>Eh...
>Go with friend to see Hobbit 3
>Best of the three, still not better than a 6/10
>GF always goes on about how good the series is
>Watch the 1st LOTR with her
>Still shit
Why do people even like these? Seriously, it's all setting and no story or substance. Plot is essentially "we need to get to this place so we must traverse through the evil magic forest, the dank caverns and now through across the mountain sid... oh no, landfall! better turn around"

I couldn't finish the 3rd, I had to turn it off, I'll gladly watch the prequels over ever seeing the 3rd one again, at least it looks like there was some passion involved with the prequels and they actually tried some interesting things although it didn't work out that well

Yes, and it was milked with shitty cgi scenes and stupid nonexistent love story and character inserts from LOTR. The book is comfy as fuck. I hate movies that end with a giant cliffhanger, so if the movie is based on a book or something I'll usually read that instead. I didn't even bother watching the turd movie because the book is perfect.

Go back to your capeshit

>Everyone loved the first 2 movies

oh no, not me

At least Lucas had the good sense to scale back Jar Jar after TPM. Jackson gave this guy a bigger fucking role than Bilbo in the last movie.

>Smaug the 'dragon'
>he's a wyvern
DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D

>At least Lucas had the good sense
This is part of a sentence you typed. This is something that happened.
Re-examine your life, stupid.

Are you joking?

No, I always thought the 1st one was shit

the 2nd one was ok because of based Smaug. But that barrel scene was fucking bullshit.

Havent seen the 3rd one, I hear it's shit and I didn't really like the first 2.

Literally why would you use a green screen when you could just film all of the characters in the same shot?

>the green screen meme

what a hack amirite??!?!?!

What's your point? That they used some stages and yet everything looked fake as shit?

I know right, people need to stop sucking Tolkien's cock.

I genuinely really loved the first one. I think it works very well as a lighthearted adventure film and apart from the goblin town sequence it's really well paced.

It works as a movie in itself, it works very well. But it doesn't work as the jumping off point for a trilogy because it's so self-contained in terms of character development.

Everyone thought that the current movie mediocre but the next movies would redeem it. It didn't happen, and it just got worse. That's why people lost their shit with BoTFA

Second one is alright. Smaug is obviously the best part but it introduced a lot of superfluous characters who would go on to ruin the 3rd movie even more

These might have been genuinely good if it had just been two movies.

The problem is that Jackson ran out of time and asked the studio for a third movie because he's a fucking autist who needs a year to plan what should have been a 20 minute battle sequence.

I can't say I'm upset though. Del Taco probably would have given us something just as bad.

Best trilogy from the 2010s, a great pleb filter as well.

Also remember those were the last movies where Cristopher Lee was in.

Idiot

i'm on the same page as you.

thought the third was practically unwatchable, though.

Dude my Frat in college went to see the first movie together and guys were fucking crying because the movie was bad