I met Paul McCartney backstage in 2003

I met Paul McCartney backstage in 2003

AMA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gpevZ0-wUYQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

he starting to smell pretty bad after being dead so long? or totally desiccated at this point?

did you tell him that the fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art?

What did you talk about?

how much does your dick weigh

Story goes, I got ticket to the gig with a friend at the last minute. I knew a guy who worked at the arena as a maintenance manager. We met him afterwards and he said he's take us backstage, just to look around. We were just standing around in a corridor when Heather Mills came by and invited us into his dressing room. She was actually really fucking nice to us but you could tell she was calling the shots, bossing him about etc. She basically insisted he let us in.

We went in and shook hands with the man himself. I had a Beatles T-shirt on and he said is that official merch, if not cough up some cash lol. He joked and made fun of our accents too. He signed the dressing room door notice for me but we didn't have cameras (2003, no smartphones) We just chatted for about 2 minutes and I simply tried not to sperg too much. I told him my favourite Beatles album was Revolver and he was like, yeah that was a goodun, especially my tracks. I got the feeling he had obviously had these conversations literally 100,000 times and wasn't going to go beyond smalltalk or answer any Beatle geek questions. He was very down to Earth though and eventually just said ok guys, see you later.

Then Heather Mills asked us if we wanted a drink etc. We picked up a couple of cans of Fanta and she chatted to us asking if we enjoyed show etc whilst Macca was discussing something with a couple of guys in suits. She had a fucking great rack is mainly what I remember. Pity she turned out to be a psychocunt

That was it. I was only 19 at the time. Overwhelming as fuck but I can say that I met the GOAT

macca has poor taste in marriages desu

Nice one, lad, sounds good

Must get a bit tiresome for an artist the have the same conversation like 50 times a day but nice he was still trying to be friendly and jokey

For sure

She was so nice to us on the day though. I was just a spotty teenager but I definitely see why he was taken in by her. She was charismatic as fuck and actually really good looking up close. And yeah, the tits

Neat

Yeah, I was lost for words really as I suppose many are. I just said how great the gig was, that I loved the Beatles (very original comment). My friend literally said nothing other than its an honour, sir and just kissing his ass. Macca just laughed it off.

For a few moments, you get a brief feeling of what that level of fame must be like. Every fucking person you meet just sperging and saying how much they love you etc. And he's had nearly 60 years of that

Not EXACTLY related, but I'm curious what your favorite Paul McCartney songs are.

If I ever see him in person I'm going to start autistically reciting the copypasta

Do you think he's read Scarrufis post about the Beatles?

Beatles era? Fuck, man, how do you choose

Hey Jude, Paperback Writer, All My Loving, Penny Lane

I'm mainly a Beatles fan and only a casual of his solo/Wings stuff. But Live & Let Die has always been my favourite of his solo. That and the motherfucking Frog song

what was his vibe like in general? did he seem like he was with you or on another planet?

>the motherfucking Frog song
..Damn, I love McCartney and I don't recognize that at all. Link?

funny that he's controlled by the illuminati

WHAAAAAT?

youtube.com/watch?v=gpevZ0-wUYQ

He gave us his full attention when talking to us but you could tell he was really just knackered and wanted to chill. Heather seemed to be organising shit for him to do. But he was a nice guy, made you feel like you mattered even if you knew deep down he does shit this 100x a day

....what the fuck is this?

You've literally never heard the Frog Chorus before?

It was some 80s animation special. I remember it from childhood. Could be the first Macca song I actually heard thinking about it

There is nothing the man cannot do

I fucking love the frog song desu

This is frickin weird. I didn't grow up in the 80s anyway.

Probably explains why then. Ask any British kid born before about 1985 and they will know it

Pop trivia: it topped the charts in Mexico for 99 fucking weeks

Jesus Christ. The song isn't even that good. 99 god damn weeks??

Apparently. And it was shown every single day on their TV channels before broadcasting began