How much money does Black Metal musicians make? Ranging in popularity from Ildjarn to Varg to Ihsahn to the Dimmu guys

How much money does Black Metal musicians make? Ranging in popularity from Ildjarn to Varg to Ihsahn to the Dimmu guys.

considered Varg had to become a youtube blogger just to sell records probably not much.

Dimmu Borgir seems like the biggest enterprise, I mean, is there a prominent Norwegian musician who didn't participate in it at some point? I am pretty sure it costs a wagon of money to play with the prime national orchestra.

Do you know any metalheads with much (if any) money?
I sure as shit dont.

Varg seems to be decently well off. The other guys don't seem to be swimming in riches. I mean who the fuck buys black metal albums

I am a black metal man and I live in a mansion ama

black metal doesn't make money, unless you're someone like Blake Judd who the stars aligned for, or Dimmu who water down black metal to appeal to a wider audience.

to make money from music - especially metal music - you need shows and you need merch sales; that's hard to grind away at when you're still dependent on a day job for income.

Ihsahn is a guitar teacher, Varg lives a subsistence lifestyle, Nergal is married to a supermodel.

even the guys from Testament have jobs outside of the band

yeah, a lot

They wouldn't pay for the orchestra themselves, their record label would.

how about Abbath
isn't he a businessman of sorts

It depends of the artist and the sellout they are, probly Varg is the truest black metal musician.

Most black artists have to have real jobs, and any income that comes from selling records is just a nice bonus.

for live shows?

Seeing as Gylve works at the post office, no I don't think they make a whole lot of bank.

I'm sure Xasthur, Famine and some others don't have jobs anh hate the idea of having one

Not much at all.

Fenriz has worked as a mailman for years.
Varg is abusing french welfare.
Pretty much everyone has a second job.

all those Burzum shirts though

you just know Varg's wife takes in autism bucks

neither darkthrone is the biggest one
too cvlt to care about profits
in fact the cvltest acts are those of which nothing is known apart from their art

wouldn't be surprised if deafheaven makes more money than actual good bm bands
omg a couple thousand ppl bought a $20 tshirt
he set 4 lyfe

Xasthur talked a bit about it in the One man metal documantry, but kinda had a panic attack when they talked about jobs.

Although he's actually on tour right now, so he's making some money from music.

I just meant he is big on merchandising his band material not that it would make him rice

oh ya true
i used 2 get panic attacks during intervews until somebody taught me just to ask a shit ton of questions and the job is pretty much yours

James Hetfield net worth : 220 milion

Bruce Dickinson is an owner of Cardiff Aviation Ltd, for fuck's sake
Axl Rose's worth is $150 million
Tony Iommi has $140 million
Ozzy - $220 million
Blackmore - around $275 million
these are the richest mainstream heavy music figures, major extreme metal act frontmen are also at least millionaires

>who the fuck buys black metal albums
Dan Barret