Hey Sup Forums, me again, the guy with the severe pancreatitis from earlier today who left the hospital...

Hey Sup Forums, me again, the guy with the severe pancreatitis from earlier today who left the hospital. I'm experiencing another sensation in my chest, nothing crazy, but it's there. What should I do? Not at the hospital currently, just figured I'd throw in the pic from before so you know who I am.

How did you know you had it? What are the signs? What caused it?

Alot of drinking was the cause. I was asleep and the burning sensation in my chest woke me up. This is the 3rd time this has happened, this is by far the worse...

Burning like heartburn?

Think of it like you literally have a fire burning inside of your chest and you keep grabbing and beating at it to put it out cause it's the worse pain you've ever felt, but matter what you do nothing soothes it. Just gotta wait it out...

Had your pancreatitis resolved before you left hospital? (You didn't self-discharge, did you?)

Have you been drinking?

lol dude you have no one to blame but you and your own stupidity. Hopefully next hospital visit (soon) you wont bail so quick

Haven't had a drink since last night, before this happened. They wanted me to stay for 2 days. I signed myself A.M.A.

Wow I thought maybe I'd had if before from drinking but I never felt anything like that. Only an ache in my side.

How much did you drink?

12 miller lites and 15 Jameson shots. All in the course of 4 hours

get well soon user friend
time to switch to pot?

Gl for when your 50+ thats when the real health issues start to kick in.

You need to go back to hospital. You need to be kept nil by mouth, maintained with IV fluids and monitored for complications.

If you actually have severe (as in severe as defined by the GLASGOW score) you need to go the fuck back to hospital because you need to be in the high dependency unit.

Hell I've rank drank that much tons of times. Never got anything like you're describing though.

I should have a script for pot for my PTSD

Your alcoholism will kill you very soon if you don't stop. I was a severe alcoholic for 13 years and even I didn't get to the point of pancreatitis.

>ptsd

What triggered you?

What's the GLASSGLOW score. Is that the number that supposed to be around 20? Mine was was around 8000

You don't get pancreatitis instantly from drinking a lot in one sitting, you moron. It's a progressive disease brought on by years of heavy drinking.

It's a score used to predict outcome in acute pancreatitis. You're probably referring to your serum amylase.

How old is op and how long has xi been drinking

Op here. I was a heavy drinker for years. This is the third time this has happened. The pain comes out of no where. Obviously the pancreas didn't get that way over night

I figured as much - I was explaining that to the other guy.

I am 30, I was a heavy drinker since I was 15. I stopped for awhile, this time was the first time I drank in over a year and a half

I'm older than you. Guess I'm just lucky so far.

You won't know that you have it until it's too lat3, then the pain comes in. Watch out, maybe go get a full check up.

Scared too

You're better off knowing than having something like that surprise you like it has me 3 times now. I've had to go to the hospital from a wedding, Puerto Rico, and drove myself last night cause I literally thought I was going to die the pain was so horrible. Do you want that? If not go to the dr

Y'all niggers need to quit drinking. Going to the doctor won't do shit - other than hearing the doctor say "y'all niggers need to quit drinking."

I'm the user that got out of the hospital after spending a week in there for pancreatitis. Turned out it was caused by gallstones, so they took out my gallbladder.

Every doctor I saw thought I had been drinking to cause it, so that must be very common. It took 48 hours for mine to chill out and I was on Dilaudid the whole time so I wasn't in pain.

Yeah that fire is no joke, user. Go back in or call an ambulance.

Yeah drinking heavily is by far the most common cause. As far as I know, gallstones are one of the only other things that can cause it.

Lots of things can cause pancreatitis, but alcohol and gallstones are by far the large majority.

I have to be at work in the morning, if I still hurt then, I'm gonna go back. I only have to be there for an hour. Broke my foot over a month ago, so I don't have to come in often cause I'm on workman's comp

FWIW, like the other user said, it took at least 48 hours to calm down and they gave me an IV, dilaudid shots, and no water or food by mouth .

My score was high as fuck like yours, they freaked out when they saw it. I wouldn't wish this kind of pain on anybody.

Oh, also, FWIW, I've had gallstones for 10years+, and I guarantee they've given me undiagnosed pancreatitis in the many, many attacks I've had. Didn't kill me, but I've also suffered debilitating pain for sometimes a few hours up to..too long.

I'm an alcoholic, sober 25 years. THey were certain I was lying and had been drinking kek

I'll be honest in saying I'm not in the best health right now. Also, I got really light headed and dizzy all the sudden...

FYI, eating food will continue to exacerbate the inflammation. This leads to a leak of enzymes that usually digest food. Instead they digest your pancreas and leak into your abdomen. This causes tissue to die and become a source of infection. This can lead to infection, which causes systemic inflammation, dropping your blood pressure which wrecks your kidneys.

If the overwhelming infection or hypotension doesn't kill you, the potassium build up from your kidney failure will cause your heart to go into ventricular fibrillation and kill you.

Go back to hospital, you fungating moron.

I've done nothing but ingest water since I got home.

Drinking water will do the same. Taking anything orally stimulates the digestive system. You need intravenous fluids.

Either go back to hospital or fuck off and die.

Well I guess I'll just keep you all updated. Any signs, besides the severe pain I should look out for?

nurse detected

I forgot about this but yeah this is what they told me when I was admitted, that my pancreas would start getting eaten if I took food or whatever. Scared the piss out of me.

Why bother looking out for signs when you're clearly not going to go back to hospital?

Good luck.

I'm not a nurse, I'm an ITU doctor.