Will the Ghostbusters reboot effect female led movies?

Will it have a positive or negative effect?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OG83qBuQ_A8
youtube.com/watch?v=Ghl19lJJ_mA
careymartell.com/2016/03/facebook-audience-insights-showed-ghostbusters-reboot-bad-idea/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I love how asshurt they are. Love it.

Positive

It always has via the free market. You can make female led shit. But they have to be good, like anything else you expect people to buy.

>excitement continues to build
where?

Mental institutions, womens shelters, reddit

>Go to Target today
>Notice they have toys of that female DC cartoon with Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman etc in it
>The shelves are filled with them and only a few Harley Quinn toys were sold while the rest were fully stocked and seemingly untouched
...I thought people said girls wanted action figures? Will the female Ghostbusters Lego even sell that well?

i hope Ghostbusters effects bad movies and cynical cashgrab reboots

when I look at GB16, I see 4 women massively disappointed that they are in a turd that was creatively driven by a hack that clearly does not give a shit about Ghostbusters

Guys, what if this movie somehow goes against all odds and is actually good? What then?

It's "affect".

And yeah, it's barely even a movie at this point. It's not being made because someone wanted to make it, it's being made for someone to prove a point.

I loved the original movie, amd I really wanted to love this one too. Those proton pack designs got me hype as fuck, as did the new car.

The trailers, unless this is the absolute worst marketing campaign of all time, have painted this movie as Bridesmaids wearing a Ghostbusters outfit. On top of that, there's not a single article you come across that doesn't mention the words patriarchy, feminism, all-female, misogynist, or anything like that. It's excusing an unnecessary movie by unfairly blaming people who are opposed to it.

6 months of Sup Forums BTFO and IT'S OVER followed by the occasional meme flareup

>It's "affect".

no it's not you fucking idiot

>the Onion av club

>it's not funny

Good thing there's a 0% chance of that happening. It's not even going to be ironically bad or able to be enjoyed on any level.

>black chick sitting in the back of the bus

>lego masculinity
kek. Then femininity is Mega Blocks?

ads

No matter how bad it is feminists will say it's amazing and people that say it's bad are sexist and can't handle strong women. When it flops at the box office same thing.

nowhere there says it is the onion

youtube.com/watch?v=OG83qBuQ_A8

Will they still make the all female Oceans 11 reboot?

I hope not

Then we get pleasantly surprised by an alright movie.

what a stupid fucking idea
12 was already the worst movie ever made

Reservoir Cats is shitty too

Of course, they will keep trying just to make the Internet happy but 3-4 high profile bombs and it will go back to business as usual.

If Amy Pascal even touched it then it's probably gonna DOA.

>threaten your masculinity

what the hell is wrong with these faggots? Are they really this butthurt because no one wants to see some faggot make a shitty remake that no one wanted?

don't feminist have a problem with it becoming a marketing strategy?

jesus christ, amy.

They trained the gorilla to sell auto insurance now.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ghl19lJJ_mA

Well duh how else are they going to prove they're more progressive and open minded?

This movie was 8/10 surprisingly.

But thats because it had Statham, Jude Law who worked together with McCarthy making a great comedy instead of it being just a female focused spy movie which would have made it fail.

I honestly thought the generic 'out of touch hollywood executive' was just a joke, but she's a living stereotype.

I love how the preemptive anti-male backlash has killed any chance this movie had for success. Women just don't go to see these kinds of movies unless they're on a date

>remaking crusty old all-dude movies
I don't get it. What ever happened to just telling a story you want to tell? Whatever happened to writing a story for the enjoyment of others, rather than taking old, well-received movies and just making them all-female simply because you're wanting to make a political statement?

If you want to fix the diversity problem you make your own shit, don't shit on older and better shit. That's why I respect the everloving fuck out of the Wachowskis for making Sense8: They wanted to tell a good story that had a trans character and a bunch of diverse assholes in it, so instead of remaking something they told a story they wanted to tell. It's a little hamfisted, but at least you're not remaking somehong like Quantum Leap or Star Trek or some shit with an all-trans black disabled women cast.

it's like they don't see there's no point in proving you're "just as good" as men by emulating what they've done before.

>he had his own receptionist take notes which I found offensive
Hahahahaha wut?

>He had his own receptionist take notes which I think was offensive

I...I don't...what?

holy fuck is that Oscar Issac in the other car?

Nah m8, Reddit hates it, too.

Hell, even tumblr hates it.

The only place I've seen anyone who likes it in the whole time I've been browsing the web the last few weeks is on clickbait feminist sites trying to make a quick buck.

I really do question where they see this groundswell of support. When the conservatives hate it because it's got women and looks like shit, and the moderates hate it because it looks likes shit and ruins their nerd culture, and the liberals hate it because it's racist and looks like shit...

Who likes it?

But you see: taking the brand Oceans 11, Ghosbusters - this will make people wanna see it out of curiosity.

If they just made an all female movie that no on had ever heard of before, then not many would go see it.

This is the whole reason why we keep seeing reboots and sequels in Hollywood, because the big investors are afraid to take risks.

I know it fucking sucks but that is how Hollywood is run.

I think that's bound to be a corporate move, a manufactured ideal of feminism.

You underestimate how out of touch the bean counters in Hollywood actually are.

>12B profits in 5 years

>Spider-Man vs Spider-Man was something they had planned and that it ould make 2 billion dollars

These clowns make WB look competent. What did Marvel give them for Spider-Man after this, five bucks and half a Mars bar?

I don't actually mind the cast. It's just not fucking Ghostbusters.
Even if it's a good movie I'll hate it for the fact that it exists as a reminder of creatively bankrupt Hollywood remakes.

This movie was saved by its casting. Shame about the advertising and presentation though. It's like the producers were trying to make the worst movie imaginable then accidentally struck gold.

excitement = advertisement budget

Guess we'll find out when it comes out

I wonder what the budget was

>remaking oceans 11 in 2016 with an all female cast
thats it, i figured out. These movies are scams designed to profit from failing isnt it?

sony should have done some research before they green-lighted this garbage.

careymartell.com/2016/03/facebook-audience-insights-showed-ghostbusters-reboot-bad-idea/

No. Just no....

I love how that Ghost logo is becoming the logo of SJW hatred and the scared ghost face is becoming the scared feminists who know they cannot win everyone over.

Babyman here. I am really angered by the gender appropriation this movie and am currently undergoing a tantrum.

I honestly believe that this is what will happen:
>movie release
>everyone knows it's gonna be shit
>normies will say "hey lets go to that ghostbusters movie just to see how bad it is"
>everyone will be talking about how bad it is so god forbid you get left out of that conversation
>movie makes money because of this
>jews buy up a bunch of properties and reboot everything into all girl versions
JDIMSA

>In 2020, Spider-Man vs The Amazing Spider-Man released, staring Toby and Andrew.
Every time I see this it gives me the giggles

it has already began, prepare for a decade of gender-swapped remakes.

>is actually good? What then?
Same thing we do with everything that is good, we hate it.

yes, very bad.

>they're remaking a remake with an all female cast
All it takes is one of these type of films to blow up and a capeshit tier explosion will happen

MFW America has gone fucking insane

That's sad that they would even need Facebook to tell them that a Ghostbusters reboot was a bad idea. Even sadder knowing they didn't even listen to them.

At least the black one still has to ride in the back.

perhaps we should flick those beans off the table

>affect
No.

>only a few Harley Quinn toys were sold while the rest were fully stocked and seemingly untouched

In Japan the female characters sell far more merchandise than the male characters.

The trick is to make their clothing cast-off.

>lego masculinity
What?

>Excitement continues to build

Is there some kind of insurance fraud thing going on with these kinds of movies? I feel like studios are deliberately sabotaging themselves.

Like, ghostbusters is bad enough. WHO would watch an all female reboot of Oceans 11?

Actual fans of Oceans 11 know better, and I have never met a single woman who even knows what oceans 11 is. This film doesn't even have the potential child demographic that Ghostbusters does

I wouldn't be surprised
for instance, nobody really knows how much money changed hands with who when The Interview thing happened

Wouldn't we know about that after the Sony leak?

maybe Sony deliberately hacked themselves

HOW DEEP DOES THIS RABBIT HOLE GO?

I remember when lego made their own sets instead of movie merchandise...

>In late 2017 female lead film, starring Emma Stone as antagonist Carnage

I am very angry right now

It'll probably just affect unnecessary gender-flipped reboots. I'm not against an all female leading cast, but doing it with a generally beloved franchise that should stay dead isn't the way to go. It'll likely be done poorly and may leave a sour sentiment. On the off-chance that it's good, then cool, all power to them, but this was a lazy and lame way to go about it.

>Those proton pack designs got me hype as fuck
They look utterly dreadful, especially the proton wands.

What's to stop me from buying this set and buying the one with the original Ghostbusters and putting them in the little car?

>let's go!
>let's go!
>oh I'm sorry did you wanna..
>nah, I'll let you...

with amazing lines like these, we could be wrong!

This is a money making exercise, not some sort of artistic statement, a bunch of jews are sitting in an office in hollywood talking about "the cunt dollar" and using gender as a gimmick, they don't give a fuck what women want, if this is successful they're will be a flood of this if not, it won't be brought up again, either way all these SJW shitehawks are doing all the marketing for the movie for them for free by spamming their worthless opinions everywhere.

>This benefits Marvel more than us

is there a review site that's the complete opposite of av cuck?

Bad Gorilla, go away.

>Amy tried to bring back Spectacular Spider-Man

meanwhile only toys I've seen in any stores have been action figures of Egon, Peter, Ray, Winston, and a few Stay Pufts.

seems even the toy division knows whats gonna sale and whats not

Positive.

Because it's going to kill remakes and female led comedies.

How do the Resident Evil movies do so well despite having a female lead, rated r, and based on a video game? They might not be the best movies ever, but they're financial successes despite all the stipulations that would normally be a kiss of death for most films. How do they do so well

hopefully when it bombs, it kills the "career" of everybody involved

Giant cheese wheel

Tongue in cheek stupid action flicks from pre SJW era, female protag who is JUST a female protag, not a rallying cry for SJWs.

everyone involved with the RE movies knows theyre dumb fun action movies so that probably helps. just make sure theres ample TNA and monster fights scenes and people will want to see it.

Same goes with the Underworld movies

>4 repeating digits in one post

12 billion oh the fantasies of these retards

It's not good at all purely because it's a reboot with the original characters being relegated to cameo appearances.

They're very cheap and make 5 times the money back. They only cost like 50 million.

>the system involves best korea hacking your shit an exposing racist shit you said about the president

lel