Rocky Horror is a movie about a hedonist who kills and rapes because it feels good...

Rocky Horror is a movie about a hedonist who kills and rapes because it feels good. The "monster" that he creates is a creature with the body of a man and the mind of a young child, and he molests it. He also crossdresses because that signifies his degeneracy. He's perverted in all aspects of life.

I'm a huge fan of the movie and have seen it more times than I can count, both in the theater and on DVD, but I cannot wrap my head around the decision to cast a legitimate tranny in the role of Frank. On one hand, it shows a total lack of understanding of the source material. On the other hand, it implies that Kenny Ortega (the remake's director) is aware that cross-dressing is ultimately harmless, and that the real problem is encouraging the mentally ill to mutilate themselves. This is a guy whose claim to fame is High School Musical, though, so I'm not sure if he's intelligent enough to realize that.

>tfw thought it was one of the Sylvester Stalone Rocky sequels

Its a pol diatribe episode. Unamused_frog.jpg

If I posted this on Sup Forums, they would probably just call me a fag for caring so much about musicals.

What's with these low effort responses that try absolve themselves of thinking of their opinion to counter a post?
>X detected
Yeah, nothing.

The original is mediocre and one of the most overrated shows of all time. The only good part was Meat Loaf and they can't do anything to top that.

>at a screening
>the freezer dings and Meat Loaf comes out
>someone shouts MEAT LOAF'S READY

I fucking died, it was beautiful timing.

Yeah why -did- you post this anyway?

That's stupid but I'd laugh anyway.

man, fuck this movie. went there for a first date with a chick and she wanted to laugh and throw spoons and other gay shit.

Why are there no white people in this remake?

I'd be fine with the degenerate Tim Curry molesting me.

The theater showings are literally the most cancerous environment imaginable and you'll probably get an STD from the seats.

Such is the nature of shouting shit out at Rocky Horror.

Same thing happens at showings of The Room.
>WHAT CANDLES
>WHAT MUSIC
>WHAT SEXY DRESS

>not going in knowing RHPS screenings are literally the gayest thing on the planet
DO YOUR FUCKING RESEARCH NEXT TIME

There are a couple white dudes and VJ is sorta white.

Riff Raff looks pretty white

>spoons
Did you see The Room by accident?

Well, to be honest, Frank N. Furter would probably do his own titjob if he realized he could. Trannies are easier to contact than they were in the 80s, and considering nobody at all could stand a chance after Tim Curry's performance, the producers figured "why the hell not?" and cast a tranny.

It's really that simple.

And make it black for extra SJW brownie points because lord knows tumblr types are the only people who think this shit is good.

>research going to a movie
you go to it and you watch it in silence. this is not up for debate.
it was maybe the worst experience ive had at a movie, like even dindus talking is more enjoyable.

Nigger, RHPS showings are legendary because they actually encourage active participation. This is also not up for debate.

Any other movie I agree with you, but if you willingly went into this and she warned you about it beforehand, you brought it on yourself.

It's kind of amazing how appropriate the term "brownie points" has gotten lately.

But the context of the story is that Frank's lifestyle is bad. Are they incapable of seeing what they're implying by casting a tranny? Do they just not care? And why would a tranny agree to take part in it, unless they're hilariously degenerate and unironically think Frank is a hero?

..Laverne thinks Frank is a hero, doesn't he? My god.

You're assuming they put thought into the casting beyond diversity quotas. After the outrage of casting a straight man as a tranny in Dallas Buyer's Club their thought process was literally just "tranny character = tranny actor".

There's only one Frank, OP.

>participating with a movie
those are called vidya.

it was a shitty time and i hated it.

Frank's always been something of a "love to hate" character that idiots think is just a "love" character. That's the problem with endearing villains; doesn't matter what awful shit they do, some dumbass is gonna follow 'em anyway.

I don't see that Frank crossdressing any time soon.

>spoons
>not toast

I'd hate to go to a modern showing of RHPS, but I imagine it was fun as fuck in the 80s.

All of the songs are shit except Meat Loaf.

I googled "punisher in a dress" and got this.

Truer words haven't been spoken.

>Stallone
Ahahahaha. Hahaha. Aaha. Haa.

I'd watch it.

will someone post some Sarandon already?

Better Frank than Dredd.

>implying his half-paralyzed face delivering the "I am... the law!" wasn't the best thing ever

Not for its intended purposes. The only good things about the 95 movie were the Long Walk scene and Mean Machine.

All of the aesthetics and costume designs were perfect. The more grounded Urban Dredd still looked good but the Stallone one was pretty much comic perfect.

Keeping his helmet on and removing Schneider would've salvaged it I'll admit.
Dredd's only shortcoming was that it was intended to be a franchise starter. The Judge Death story that they intended would've been god-tier.

Oh, and getting Judge Rico right. Armand asante was cool and all, but holy fuck at least fuck his face up a little.

This is what happens when you spend way too much for top billed actors and then tell them they have to cover their face for 95% of the movie.

It takes a humble dude like Karl Urban to accept that.

Basically. Dredd is practically the opposite of an actor. A method actor like Daniel Day Lewis would've done it (and would likely have been arrested for impersonating a police officer at some point), but they never do comic shit anyway.

>but they never do comic shit anyway
Jared Leto is doing all kinds of memey stuff for his Joker role.

memey stuff is not method acting. He's just being an attention whoring faggot for the studio to milk.

This.

This is Richard O'Brien (the writer) now.

>that bitchnip

Calling it. He's never inserted his dick inside anything. Exclusive catcher.

>had three wives and several children
>still married to third wife
>I'm still not married

Part of the fun of the original is that Frank is the most offensive thing possible to the 1950s characters. He's obviously a biological dude with a big bulge in women's lingerie. With Laverne, I wouldn't really notice she was born a man unless I spent a long time looking.

Brad, Columbia and Eddie are white. Tim Curry is too.

Is there anywhere to discuss musical theatre on Sup Forums? Like a general on Sup Forums? or /lgbt/

Sup Forums would probably be better.

/lgbt/ is just a failed containment board. Go to Sup Forums

Sup Forums is honestly the best place. You may get some discussion on Sup Forums but you run the risk of dealing with kids who have only listened to cast recordings on Spotify or whatever. You just have to make the threads right. This thread doesn't work because it's about complaining about a production that hasn't been seen yet.

And get rid of the kiss between Hershey and Dredd. Unlawful contact with a federal judge entails a 5 month sentence in the Iso cubes.

I completely forgot about that bullshit.

Also fairly certian there are worse sentences for carnal relations between Judges.