Which is the best Fall album

...and why is it Perverted by Language?

Other urls found in this thread:

thequietus.com/articles/09277-mark-e-smith-nick-cave-shane-macgowan-nme-interview
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's actually Hex Enduction Hour

Have you read the interview with them three? It's hilarious. Mark makes enemies with them from the get go and it just gets worse from there.

i like hex enduction hour much more than the others ive heard (live witch trials, slates, this nations...)
what is some other good the fall

I did actually, I liked how it suggested it was mostly Mark and Shane arguing, and Nick quietly provoking it and laughing to himself.

Hex Enduction Hour is incredible, but Perverted By takes their sound to far more interesting places. I also grew to love Room to Live - it feels like the Hex sessions if they wouldn't have cut the more artsy tracks.

grotesque

Why would you consider that their best instead of say, Kurious Oranj or This Nation, I'm curious, the latter are poppier, but Perverted always seemed like an extension of Grotesque to me

Grotesque is neat

tongue bump

Where do I start with these guys?

here, it's their most accessible album

Thanks bro

this senpai

in the beginning

T-T-TOTALLY WIRED

I started here and it's a great entry point

Top five Fall albums, official

1. Hex Enduction Hour
2. Country on the Click
3. Perverted By Language
4. Your Future, Our Clutter
5. Dragnet

>Not including I Am Kurious Oranj

It's one of their worst. The only ones worse are Reformation Post TLC, Ersatz GB and Middle Class Revolt.

Without the ballet imagery it was made for it's just sort of a mess.

I love it, there's some standout tracks (Big New Prinz, Wrong Place Right Time, Kurious Oranj), and the rest complete the album's narrative, Dog is Life/Jerusalem is a lot of fun. Admittedly some filler but I think songs like Van Plague make up for it

I only really care for Big New Prinz and that's because it's the most authentically "The Fall"

that was a great read
thequietus.com/articles/09277-mark-e-smith-nick-cave-shane-macgowan-nme-interview
for whoever's interested