MILITARY FAGS OF Sup Forums

MILITARY FAGS OF Sup Forums

Thinking about going into the army because it seems like chillfest 2k16. How chill is the army? How bad is the shit they make you do? Can you just sit back relax and coast by on the governments dime?
>Going to the army recruiters office tomorrow at 2

Military is the last stop for failures/ niggers. Be a man and don't feed from the government trough.

I agree with your conclusion but you didn't present any arguments which is what the OP needs.

do something that can be used as a civilian. Like airplane technician or whatever

Currently in the Air Force
In tech school though

shits chil as FUCK

food is great. facilities are amazing, base is right by the ocean, im off at 4 every day and weekends i have off
always have money
dont pay for food or housing

shits cool

Is it really that good? How bad was bootcamp? How do you spend your off time? What training do they give you in the air force that you can use in civilian life?

Curious also. I am nearing a 2 year auto degree. What can I do with that? And what about a 4 year bachelor's in that? I was hoping maybe OCS and commissioning in the Marine Corps with that.

OP here. I am a lazy weed smoking fuck who wants structure and travel in my life. If I chill out in the military I can travel around and save a shit ton of money. Plus people thank me for my service lol

I'd recommend joining air force, or navy. Army and marines are for tards, it's not hard to do decent on asvab. The navy was really great about letting me pick my job, so I personally advocate them. Get a job in intel, electronics, or one of the maintainer rates that'll transfer to the civilian world. Something that'll get you a decent amount of money when you get out, because you might absolutely hate it

OP, Air Force > Navy > Marines > Army in the case of comfort.
Navy here. I hear we have the best food. It is pretty damn good. But if you want anything IT/tech-related go Air Force or Navy. If you want boots on the ground go Marines or Army.
If you go in for Infantry, might as well go until retirement or re-enlist in a different field/different branch because infantry gets fuck all in the Civilian market besides low-wage security shit.

We have shit food, dude. What's your rate? I'm an IS at fucking lemoore

Does the navy have a need for gasoline/diesel mechanics? Or other branches offer that?

Look into the AD rate. I know they work on drop pods

I mean I hate computers. Is there high paying jobs you can get with the skills you earn from the navy or airforce? What is the lamest thing about either the navy or the airforce?

>navy has watch occasionally
>air force has no dignity
Look into all the maintainer jobs

how old are you? Im 22, i was thinking about it but last time i went they said i did too many drugs in the past so id have to wait and still get a waver but i probably wouldnt get in anyway

Just joined the military, How long will it take me to become master prestige and or Master Chief? I dont want to put that much energy into it so if you also had any cheats that would allow me to become master prestige/ Master Chief faster that would be appreciated.

What do you mean air force has no dignity? How shitty is watch?
What is a maintainer job?
Lie about doing the drugs you've done and don't do drugs anymore and you should be good

Just go on rust and play capture the flag going in circles on MW2

Also question:
how do vacations work in airforce/navy? Can you chill hard basically? Do you get to travel alot and discover new places and people?

i did my time and it wasnt chill, but you will get some magical moments you will remember for life. its worth it.

What wasn't chill about it?
What were you best "magical" moments? Green text?

Do we have any CT Navy fags in here?

That is sir to you maggot, and when i do achieve master prestige i will have you pushing so much paperwork.

>marines comfier than army
fuck no. you can thank the motards and boot fuck butterbars for making the marines feel like daycare

>bootcamp and DI stories of when killhat le go sooooo mad xxddddd
>motivators and boots with hardcore USMC superiority mentality
>NJP after NJP
>Stupid rules and regulations like no Hands in pocket or wallet in trousers
>cutting scores are fucked up

>i didnt serve the US army.
>the worst memory i have is 2 months in the snow on skis. the only food we had after the first couple of weeks was food we catched ourselves. one guy passed out after his dick froze. with the wind it was -70c and he didnt wear the proper layers.

some of my best moments are
>the northern lights on peaceful nights.
>i blew up a cabin with a 155mm grenade.
>i once crawled 3km and managed to take out a sniper team. i had to crawl into icewater with only my head over to get the shots.

and the friendships and all that.
i have lots of memories, but its 90% hell and 10% just amazing.

but it depends on what army and division.

Armyfag here, Pretty chill when I'm not working, but the bullshit never seems to end, when I am. But the lack of expenses is nice, as long as you don't say go and buy a 40k dollar car on 200% interest you won't be in trouble. But don't expect travel to be anywhere nice in the army, like every base is shit, the army is attracted to shitholes.

So military in general is just hell? If you aren't in infantry does that mean you won't get to travel to as many places?

couldn't infantry transition as police officers?

Not even military police can transition to police officers. You still have to get a degree, go to the academy, etc. It'll just look better in the long run

oh no.
if you want an easy time, then join the airforce or the navy.
i didnt travel that much, as we only practiced artic warfare.
and if you join the army, then there are lots of different divisions. do some research, and you might even get a degree.

but the degree would be covered by the g.i. bill and the academy is a joke.

Definitely go Navy or Airforce. Marines and Army are the worst during peace time. Nothing to do but play fuck fuck games since no war = no work. Promotions are also tight and atmosphere sucks. Navy and Airforce is different. Ships sail the 7 seas whether we are at peace or war. Same with our planes. That's why navy/airforce stay fluid in peace while army n marines grind to a halt. Advice:
>navy
>technical job, whatever you are smart enough for
>avoid supply, administration, ordinance, or jobs that you don't see existing outside the military
>go to college on the side
>get associates while ur in
>party hard and volunteer for deployment
>don't get caught and definitely don't marry
>get out and go to uni full time
>study what you actually want to do or whatever synergizes with your military job
>be single, well paid, government subsidized veteran student
>max fucking profit
>also don't be afraid to visit medical while you're in, it'll pay dividends once ur out
>ignore all of this if you are retarded and you know it
>just be a cop and shoot niggers, no military service needed

Is Navy more respected than Airforce? I just want to be able to travel and come out with skills. Airforce seems like it is kind of a joke though.

bruh that chairforce weak af

I'm definitely leaning toward the navy. They just seem to be the branch with the least amount of bullshit.

army>navy>airforce

thats how we see it here.

coming from a guy in the army. If you want to travel to nice locations and good training the navy is the way to go. If you want raw choices in broad overly accepting terms the army will take anyone and has tons of technical jobs that cover just about anything. For the Army Medical, signal, and Intelligence are teh best for jobs outside the military.

There's still bull shit, though, user. There will always be bull shit

What is the most "bullshit" aspect to day to day navy (military) life?

Does technical also include mechanical? I'm nearing my 2 year auto degree and have almost a year experience.

It doesn't matter once you're out. You may get shit from Army/Marines but we are all veterans. While you're in? Keep your head low, your balls tucked in, and you just might survive.

So if you just listen to what your told and don't do anything wrong, is the military a good experience? Is literally becoming a dog for the military rewarding?

I had a buddy who was an A-Ganger on subs in the Navy and he fucking loved it. Learned a lot of shit before he got medical discharged.

I also currently have a buddy in the army and he's stationed in Ansbach, Germany and he seems to love it too. He's a 15U Chinook mechanic. He also got to convoy equipment and participate in Anakonda 16 and fly in a soviet Mil Mi-24 which I was SUPREMELY JELLY of.

depends on your program. Navy nuclear electricians mate here. Most days are chill, you'll have 4-8 hours of watch (sitting around watching buttons) and then maintenance which varies in duration. Overall it is pretty chill but when shit hits the fan, you gotta be sure everything is working and can sometimes go 72 hours or more without proper rest.

The chief mentality. Basically, douchebag senior people in the chain of command not looking out for you. When you get fucked, they'll say "it's the navy" like that explains it. Course, they're not all bad.

How much do the skills you learn in nuclear in the navy translate to civilian pay/jobs?

In what ways do you "get fucked" by chain of command?

That's a hard trade. Blue collar, hands on. Certification is more important than a degree. Much more. You're better off trying to work with a dealership or reputable workshop. Military won't offer much you can't learn working a normal job tbh

My least favorite parts of the army were having yo wake up at 0600 for pt and the ENDLESS PAPERWORK GOD IT NEVER ENDED PAPERWORK FOR EVERYTHING SIGN HERE SSN HERE AUUUGHHHHHHHHH

I work in a body shop for 8 mos now and hopefully picked up by a dealership soon. I'm a year in the 2 year associates for auto. They also offer internships I plan on picking up on. Have numerous certifications and credentials with the program. I was hoping that maybe a 4 year degree would land me a shot at OCS so as that I can go in the Marines as an officer. But I'll be willing to join the other branches for an opportunity.

The military is not currently recruiting fags, sorry OP. There was such an influx, it seems, that currently 75% of applicants do not meet the standards in some way or another. If that's your attitude, then good luck. You have to work hard to make good money in the military.

Enjoy that shit now. Been in over 18 years, and can tell you unequivocally that your world is gonna get a ginormous shit, right in its mouth.

Absolutely not. It's degrading, infuriating, and miserable. But you have no choice but to put up with it since there's no alternative once you sign the papers. Poorfags like me don't have a choice, richfags get a bachelor's degree first and go in as officers and experience the more pleasant side of things.

Is it always miserable? Should I go in expecting to be miserable and depressed?

Power to you. If you go for a bachelor's talk to the officer recruiters on campus. They'll tell you what jobs their branch can offer someone with your degree. If you hit 50-60k prior to that, I think you'll end up taking a paycut. Ur better off trying to work for BMW I heard they have some of the best compensation packages out there

Lol hail, warrior. I'll wait for you at the VFW once you're out. Drinks on me.

I feel like the army isn't for someone who is against physical activity, as its pretty much daily. If you can handle some physical activity in your life then its probably not so bad. Well not so bad until you get sent to fight a war, then its hell.

Yes unless you have a submissive, snitch, yes man mentality. In that case things will be just dandy

once I'm out it pretty much translates into a 6 figure job. Civilian nuclear power plants hunt for us, so if we want a job we get it no issue.

honestly, the most successful people in the navy I've met so far are the one with the balls and know-how of when to say fuck you to the upper chain. One perk of the Navy at least is you know what your job is, and hopefully why you are doing it. So when some dickbag comes around if you go above and beyond you can basically treat them as if they don't exist and just go around them. In our program the people that put in hard work are treated better than those who have rank.

Not in thread at all... but why woyld you say that. Seriously