Daily reminder that this is the best album Nirvana ever made

Daily reminder that this is the best album Nirvana ever made.

Anyone that says otherwise is contrarian cancer.

I agree it's their best but most people seem to think it's Nevermind, making In Utero is the more contrarian choice

shit why did i put an is there

It's their most fully realized work, yes, but I actually find Incesticide more enjoyable.

Nevermind was a good album, but it's obvious In Utero is better.

Nevermind is just really great catchy alternative rock songs. You can't deny it's amazing.

In Utero I feel is more focused, like Kurt was trying to make a statement with it. Certainly wasn't as pop oriented as Nevermind. It really does show Nirvana's progression as artists though. I think it is fair to say it's their best.

I literally said I agree with you

Only vaguely related, but just a thought: I always loved Eddie Vedder as a songwriter, but I can't stand Pearl Jam's stadium rock sound. Vedder was a huge fan of underground punk bands like Fugazi - I think it's a terrible shame he never formed a rougher, more DIY, folkier band.

I know mate, but I wanted to point that out before I get called a hipster

I think most Nirvana fans will agree that In Utero was their best, even though everyone else will probably say it's Nevermind.

I like their compilation album the best. Majority of their best songs, no duds, and the only album with You Know You're Right

The most contrarian choice is Bleach.

i don't know if everyone in this thread is just replying to confirm their bias, cause usually this opinion gets shot down

but i agree, i think this is their best

I think In Utero was more of a transitional album. If 'You Know You're Right' is any indication, I think Kurt and the gang were heading towards more pop oriented songs again with a much noisier edge to them. I guess we will never know though.

most of the songs on there were already written, kurt's output went way downhill. i don't know if he ever even had the thought or focus for another album after this

In Utero > Unplugged > Nevermind > Bleach > Incesticide

obviously

anybody who puts Incesticide last doesn't like Nirvana. It's literally the essence of the band, unfiltered.

This. And fuck the whole
>it's just a compilation
"argument". It's such a fucking fantastic album and showcases Nirvanas actual creative drive.

In Utero > Insecticide > Nevermind = Unplugged and Bleach.

I do like Incesticide, don't get me wrong; I just think it's their worst work overall (and by work I mean collection of works).

You fucking faggot

Only the Albini produced version I hope

fuck you dude

Incesticide is the least dadrock tripe album in their discog. Literally how can it be the worst?

I prefer their sound from the unplugged album but yes I agree

the guy you initially responded to - I just want to clarify that I'm not the person insulting you right now

okay, carry on

I do like the Incesticide versions of Been a Son and Polly over their studio album counterparts but it's just a bunch of covers, outtakes, and some previously unreleased material in no discernible order. Incesticide is just a vessel that all of these songs that were never necessarily meant to go together inhabit.

Define "dadrock tripe" and "actual creative drive"

You fucking faggot
Big long now alone makes the album more artistically honest than all their others. Nevermind is basically grunge pop and In Utero is only really good listening to the Albini version. Bleach is their second best because it's got some of their best writing and overall sounds more punk. I'm really drunk right now so this may be disorganized but it's painful to see incesticide thrown at the bottoms of people's lists