Meet cute grill

>meet cute grill
>give her my number
>we start texting
>ask what kind of music she likes
>she says pop-punk

oh okay maybe we can talk about jeff rosenstock or old green day, maybe even old blink 182

>all time low
>new found glory
>the wonder years
>who the fuck even are the wonder years
>state champs
>spoiler: these guys are even worse than the wonder years

how do i let her down gently, Sup Forums?

Why do so many girls circlejerk over pop punk

say i think you should listen to some better artists

the wonder years are actually really good though (as far as pop-punk goes)
state champs' 2nd album was pretty good imo

why don't you just try to introduce her to better pop punk instead of being an elitist?

this
show her what you like, she shows you what she likes, and eventually you can discover new music together

Maybe give it a chance. There are some bands that are pretty good and worth listening too

Show her punk bands that "inspired" those bands i.e. Descendents, Ramones, etc

And show her The Ergs

great advice

recognize that she's allowed to like whatever she wants and she might be a decent person despite listening to mediocre bands

idk op, no reason to be a dick about it
green day was never good anyway

old blink is overrated dogshit and the wonder years have more talent in soupy's left nostril than the entirety of Cheshire cat and Buddha combined.

I'm friends with Soupy from Wonder Years and I tell him his band's shit all the time. I'll show him this post for you dw.

you the best

Also ask for her thoughts on Balance and Composure so I can tell Jon

just did, will update

"um theyre ok!! I think they're more on the alternative side but i like em!"

i dont think she likes em

She has bretty good taste in pop punk for a womeme

New Found Glory is pretty good mate, they kind of started the pizza-core image of pop punk that people think of today.

>likes Green Day and Blink 182
>judges other people's taste

This

Pop punk shows are hella fun, go with this girl and get laid friendo.

>the girl is more patrician than the op

girls don't like good pop-punk, their attraction to the lead singer plays too big of a roll.

jeff rosenstock is not physically attractive. he doesn't have flippy hair or "demons" to battle. he's a normal looking guy in a flannel shirt.

dookie isn't about stuff that girls relate to- it's about masturbating, living in the hood, and getting rejected. same with milo goes to college, or early blink 182, or any other pop punk bands we'd consider decent. dorky guys with nasally voices have very little relevance to your average pop-punk girl's life.

never listened to them, but a quick google search shows that i'm right - all time low and new found glory have the edgy "tormented" died hair black hoodie wearing frontmen that these kinds of girls crave.

My gf is into blink 182 majorly and it's gross
If she could be into Foxing or Tiger Jaws, it'd be OK, but blink 182? Fucking shit

The wonder years are (imo) the best relatively new pop-punk band. I got tired tired of the genre because it all seemed the same, but twy restored my faith for the genre, they have amazing songs and tonsa feels.

twy is fucking amazing tho, especially as far as pop-punk goes

holy shit dude you are such a fucking dork

nailed it.

A lot of people are going to tell you you're a fedora or a virgin or whatever but I've noticed this trend too

You can't disprove him though

You let her down gently by acknowledging you're a faggot retard. Or you acknowledge that the music she likes and the music you like suck equally. Then you realize you're meant for each other and you equally fuck off this message board.

it is easy to listen, and not too heavy for their uneducated ear and has word punk in it which makes them feel special

Sounds like you're only into a small portion of Pop Punk. Protip: it's actually all shit.

Old Green Day = All Time Low
Old Blink = New Found Glory
jeffrosencuck = state champs

All garbage, pleb-tier nonsense.

>Why do so many girls circlejerk over pop punk

easy to hear songs with high energy, young male voices, accessible lyrics.

I mean use your fucking brain when you're asking these questions

The Wonder Years isnt even pop punk anymore they've progressed their sound of out that genre unlike their related artists.

Pop punk is largely shit, explain the appeal.

Why do so many girls listen to Pop Punk over the Circle Jerks?

I just wanted (you)s

I would have more respect for Soupy and The Wonder Years if they actually played live in the key the original songs were recorded (they play half a key lower).
It's the only reason I haven't bothered to see them live. Just record the songs in the lower key if you know you won't be able to carry the notes live.

/rant over

kinda shot yourself in the foot there, mate

That is the appeal

trips of truth, this guy gets it.

this

Do you people have anything going for you outside of thinking that you're better than everyone else.

Do you people realise that Pop Punk is neither good, nor bad. You just don't like it.

Do you guys realise cutting off ties with someone for having a different taste in music to you is incredibly pathetic.

>Do you people realise that Pop Punk is neither good, nor bad.
It's actually bad.

kind of like Sup Forums

This fampai.