I really liked this movie, but the whole conflict felt a bit forced to me

I really liked this movie, but the whole conflict felt a bit forced to me
>why was everybody giving avengers shit for colleteral damage? remember, the gouvernment was actually planning to nuke new york in avengers 1
>why did cap have a problem with avengers beeing under UN jurisdiction. He is a soldier, arent soldiers all about following orders?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1z4XeiIDtQ4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The World Security Council was not a singular government, it was the top echelon of SHIELD.
Because people didn't see the conflicts as the good guys versus the bad guys, but as a conflict in their home they had no part in.
The Avengers are public enough to blame.
>why did cap have a problem with avengers beeing under UN jurisdiction
>I have not seen The Winter Soldier: the post
Long story short, Cap no longer trusts organizations.

Because it's bad writing. In the comics the registration act was meant to force every superhero to reveal their identity and work for the US government. Also the whole thing was triggered by an incident where 300 children died to due to a superhero fight.

>it's a Civil War in the comics was good, or even decent episode

Simply put, you have a low cinematic IQ, or some sort of Stockholm Syndrome, from overexposure to bland, safe, PC and soulless mass-produced blockbusters, which has conditioned you into accepting the absolute lowest common denominator standards in filmmaking, writing and cinematography as somehow acceptable, when you should in fact feel nothing but contempt or disgust for any Kevin Feige-conceived product.

Even strictly in the field of capeshit entertainment, where the bar has always been pretty low, since they're primarly a children media, the level of genuine quality and creative abilities (which comes from studios giving freedom to an auteur with a strong personality and vision towards the material) has kept dropping since the 90's.

When Raimi's Darkman/Spider-Man, Del Toro's Blade 2/Hellboy, Burton's Batman 2 or Bird's The Incredibles offered innovative and playful set pieces, meaningful and relevant themes, each with a very distinct, appropriate tone and truly cinematic aesthetics (simply compare the lighting or editing to today's equivalents), none of these qualities are to be found in Avengers or any of the previous MCU entries. This is why Edgar Wright got fired from Ant-Man. This is why Feige keeps hiring visionless point-and-shoot directors who come from TV or comedy, colorblind cinematographers and art/set design teams who seem to be in love with grey, sterile hangars for some unexplainable reason. Action scenes are now being conceived by CGI teams months before the movie begins shooting and all follow the exact same formula.

Even as a child, I couldn't imagine being dazzled or amused by those turds, as they're utterly devoid of any charm, colors, magic or imagination.

>Long story short, Cap no longer trusts organizations.
I can't really see how his position is justifyable in any way. As a private citizens, he cant just travel to other countries and fuck their shit up

I didn't say it was good, just that it made more sense, and that the scale was actually big enough to be called a civil war. This was a civil skirmish at best.

>just that it made more sense
How did the Sokovia Accords not make sense in the MCU?
And yes, if the Avengers hadn't stopped Ultron then everyone would be dead, but that's looking at things from a meta perspective where you know the Avengers are good and that Ultron is bad.
Whereas to most people, the Avengers are a military organization comprised 90% of American citizens, 3 of whom are military personnel/officers, and many of whom could destroy entire countries without breaking a sweat.
And at least one of those WMDs cannot be controlled at all.
And the Avengers have no regard to sovereign borders or international law, doing what THEY think is best.
Now again, YOU know the Avengers are the good guys.
And the civil war in the MCU isn't over yet, it's the groundwork for all future Phase 3 films, maybe even stretching beyond to phase 4.

>the gouvernment was actually planning to nuke new york in avengers 1
you know... i don't know why it didn't hit me before but that was some pretty pants-on-the-head retarded shit there.

"Should we send in the Air force/Army to help fight the invaders and start evacuating New York?"
"Naaa... lets just nuke it"

how comes nobody gave Tony Stark shit for creating an AI that tried to kill off mankind?
I would imagine, such a thing would have serious consequences in real life

Tony creating Ultron is not public knowledge.
And the Avengers are getting completely shat on for what happened in Sokovia in general.

MIT scene in civil war will answer this

cap is retarded end of story

tony team all the way

Why are you using the worst fucking image for the film?

no it doesn't

>why did cap have a problem with avengers beeing under UN jurisdiction. He is a soldier, arent soldiers all about following orders?

Did you miss like the past two Captain America movies?

Cap represents liberty and freedom the american way. Plus he has seen the result of following orders you know ww2.

so, at the beginning of Civil War, in nigerie, were cap an friends acting purely on their own? Like US citizens who go in another country and fuck shit up?

>>why was everybody giving avengers shit for colleteral damage? remember, the gouvernment was actually planning to nuke new york in avengers 1

Power always wants control. Plus The hold Ultron thing was completely there fault well Tony's. Made sense to me.

>were cap an friends acting purely on their own?
They were acting as the Avengers.
Which was a private organization unaffiliated with any government.
Which is exactly why the Accords are being pushed, to make the Avengers answer to SOMEBODY when things go wrong.

HAHAHAHA Tony and Black Panther both admit they where wrong in the movie. Cap all the way.Plus Black Widdow was never really on a side. She totally helps out Cap. CAPTAIN AMERICA the greates hero ever!!!

But then their action cant be justified by any means
They were american citizens who totally ignored the sovereignty of another nation.
They should be put in jail, not under UN supervision

What was Zemo's plan if Cap and Bucky had got to Siberia two hours before Tony? Was he just going to sit in the dark and wait for Tony to show up so he could play his video?

Wow, it's almost as if THAT WAS THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE ACCORDS.
The Accords were a huge fucking olive branch to the Avengers, exactly because they wouldn't just be thrown in jail.

>totally ignored the sovereignty of another nation
Only Nigeria, though.
youtube.com/watch?v=1z4XeiIDtQ4

And Sokovia.
And any other country they invaded in search of Loki's scepter in between The Winter Soldier and the beginning of Age of Ultron.

that SHIELD slut Maria Hill isn't even in the flick

As far as Captain knows, every goverment is neck deep in Hydra's control. The UN should answer to the avengers and not the other way around.

>putting the UN in charge