The lyrical sincerity, the diverse palette of musical influences...

The lyrical sincerity, the diverse palette of musical influences, and the overall beauty and craft of this record just brings to me to tears sometimes.

Will I ever find another record I like, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M2BhZ3Je8Uo&list=PLM-XzvrRfalALKNfpzoscKyia8ZEXmcPC&index=5
youtube.com/watch?v=2c1D3XHt8ic&list=PL968AF7039AC5FC40&index=2
youtu.be/PwO8mFNIbNk
youtu.be/0bXZwPwk8dE
youtu.be/_t1vqLwqbyA
youtu.be/mnCUVD1ocyM
youtube.com/watch?v=NECLTV7LcPYhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NECLTV7LcPY
youtube.com/watch?v=NECLTV7LcPY
youtube.com/watch?v=NECLTV7LcPYhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NECLTV7LcPYhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NECLTV7LcPY
youtube.com/watch?v=yhdPYQgukr8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=M2BhZ3Je8Uo&list=PLM-XzvrRfalALKNfpzoscKyia8ZEXmcPC&index=5

Science by Incubus is like this album's little brother. Worth a listen

nope, its a very unique record.

I have to admit comparing Faith No More to Incubus made me cringe a little bit. I sort-of get what you mean from the most surface-level perspective possible but S.C.I.E.N.C.E. just doesn't feel as artistically sincere as Angel Dust. It just feels 90s turntable-metal made on a production line along with the likes of Hoobastank and Deftones.

Come on, you'd really lob Faith No More in that group? I know they're not exactly the most sacrosanct group in the world but Angel Dust at least comes across as having been made by someone trying to create something artistically original.

youtube.com/watch?v=2c1D3XHt8ic&list=PL968AF7039AC5FC40&index=2

>Radiohead
>Incubus

Am I being trolled with these recommendations? Did Sup Forums pick up new memes since I was gone or do I actually listen to shitty music because I'm getting these recommendations?

Holy shit. Have I been listening to garbage this entire time with Angel Dust? This record just has so much to offer than anything made by any of these related bands...

Do I need to go for a walk and ruminate on my record actually being terrible?

it's called the "maturity" meme

I haven't listened to angel dust, but maybe try other mike patton projects
youtu.be/PwO8mFNIbNk
youtu.be/0bXZwPwk8dE

I mean. Isn't it clear there's some sheen of self-awareness in Angel Dust? Patton literally sings a song about him swallowing semen in it. I wouldn't expect any of those bands to even attempt those types of antics.

deftones is incredible pleb and mr bungle's last two albums are better than anything faith no more did anyway

>Mr. Bungle
Sorry. I should have mentioned that I omitted Mr. Bungle since I kind of see them as the fork of Angel Dust so that Faith No More could return to making forgettable metal records.

Wolfmother is better :)

> It just feels 90s turntable-metal made on a production line along with the likes of Hoobastank and Deftones.
wait, deftones are great though
youtu.be/_t1vqLwqbyA
even if you think they're bad, saying they're 'production line' is insulting and unwarranted

Be Quiet is probably their only permissible song. Like. At all.

I don't know how else I can get at Deftones's music being phoned it. I guess White Pony was their closest attempt to making something artistic but even that (along with their other material) just blended in alongside the other groups contemporary to their time.

I'm not sure how to show you examples of them not sounding like their late 90's contemporaries because they hardly had any. No other alt metal band has the oppressive gothic sound to it. Their B-sides and Rarities album is hardly even metal covers. There's Helmet, which is an obvious influence, but the others are stuff thats unmetal as shit like cocteau twins, duran duran, and the smiths. These dudes clearly love gothic pop music, ethereal wave, and as time went on they let that side go on more and more.
youtu.be/mnCUVD1ocyM

Angel Dust is one of my favourite albums. I did say it sounded like Angel Dust's little brother, but didn't say it was identical. It's not as experienced as its older counterpart, but still shares many similarities, such as the polar genre shifts in the middle of tracks, the vast variety of samples that string together all of the songs, as well as the vocals jumping all over the place (Brandon Boyd's not as great as Patton, but he still does a wonderful job).

Science is really weird, solely for being the only thing they made that sounds like it. Everything they did before it sounds a little less "perfected", everything after it feels really safe. Weird circumstances it sits in.

Angel Dust is one of the few albums I'd give a 10/10. Try Mr.Bungle, sometimes they go to far with the experimentation, but it has amazing songs like "None of them knew they were robots", "Carry Stress in the Jaw" or "Travolta".

youtube.com/watch?v=NECLTV7LcPYhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NECLTV7LcPYhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NECLTV7LcPY

>lyrical sincerity
Even Land of Sunshine and Be Aggressive?

this band is Satire. all he ever did was satire.

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?

Album is 10/10 and Kindergarten is the best on the album.

Mr. Bungle are pretty consistent in terms of album quality but are a bit more out there in terms of experimentation, yet relatively close to Angel Dust.

This is likely due to Patton's increased creative input during Angel Dust's recording. There is a fantastic youtube documentary which details Angel Dust's creation. You can even see Patton developing the riff for Malpractice, the hero.

youtube.com/watch?v=yhdPYQgukr8

California > Angel Dust

California is one of the greatest melting pot albums ever, the way all its influences come together in this spastic frenzy but are filtered into 5 minute pop songs is just hnnnng

Angel Dust is definitely one of the best alternative rock albums but it doesn't hold a candle to California imo

I initially hated California, but man oh man has that album grew on me over the past half decade.

I still prefer Angel Dust but as far as I am concerned they're both 10/10.

Retrovertigo?

>lyrical sincerity
there isn't a single thing mike patton has done that isn't drenched in irony

Sounds to me like you never listened to their stuff. Saturday Night Wrist is incredibly dreamy and atmospheric, really feels like it's own world. They're an amazing band if you get past the nu-metal soubd of the first two albums.

>you'd really lob Faith No More in that group?
on one hand yes because i dropped my bias against the idea of nu metal and because i'm not insecure so i can handle listening to music that may or may not belong to a style that some nerds frown upon
on the other hand, i'm not sure because they don't sound all too much alike
Twelve Foot Ninja is a modern band that takes from both FNM directly and that style of wacky funk/nu metal that looked up to them, imo give them a shot

My issue with Deftones is that they're just a bit samey. They have a nice unique sound but it really grates on me too much if I listen to a whole album. I like White Pony but I don't find myself getting into any of their other albums beyond a cursory listen

but it was irony with sincere intent behind it!