Classical music is so evidently superior to all other kinds of music...

Classical music is so evidently superior to all other kinds of music, yet we keep lowering the standards when we talk about other types of music, to avoid the uncomfortable situation where the butt rock dude or the druggy EDM boy gets anal pained when they are told the great masters are better than their shitty hedonistic hero.

Instead of white guilt, in the music world there is "classical" guilt. We keep lowering the standards for other kinds of music to compensate and preserve our dream of marxist culturalism. Of perfect musical relativism. Guess what? It isn't true and the compositional talent and imagination displayed, which is all that counts in the end when we have to say what is worth being saved and what not, is infinitely superior in classical music than in any other form of music.

If your shitty pop muzak is an 8 what the fuck are Beethoven's late string quartets? a 400? most music is barely a 1 to 3, the Beatles fall in here and so do most other popular music with very few exceptions that reach a 4, even a 5. Bartok string quartets would be a 6, 2 degrees of magnitude higher you have works by Brahms and other great masters. Then 9 and 10 are reserved for the highest achievements of human race like Beethoven's late string quartets or his Missa Solemnis or Mass in B minor by Bach or his Brandenburg Concertos.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_music
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postmodern_music
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_music
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

has beethoven ever trashed a hotel room? yeah didn't think so. So he's a 3 at best.

bashing aside, what does Sup Forums think of mussorgsky

But, that's like, your opinion you buttblasted faggot

>Bartok string quartets would be a 6
they're a 10 for 20th century chamber music. You clearly don't know what you're talking about, or are a common practice pleb.

>Didn't even mention the renaissance masters
Palestrina > Beethoven

beethoven was a drunk, of course he did.

5/10 drunkard composer who wrote a nice tune or two

Last time I checked, I can like what I want.

If this is your argument why would you post that unrefined drunkard slav? He was art Brut by 1800s standards.

there will always be stupid people who like easy going music and there is nothing you can do about it, sorry dood

modern classical music is alive and well but will never be the most popular form of music

im sorry user, maybe move on to jazz?

>Bartok string quartets would be a 6, 2 degrees of magnitude higher you have works by Brahms and other great masters..

this bitch ass turbopleb using a logarithmic scale? lmao sucka get the fuck outta here

Of course you can, but you're wasting your time listening to inferior music.

classical music = jazz, musique concrète, harsh noise (for the most refined part of it of course) and some IDM artists. Period.

>Classical music is so evidently superior to all other kinds of music
>mfw people keep refering to classical music for everything that is sounding "classicalish". Plotwist user : stricto sensu, Bartok aint classic, Brahms aint classic. Stick to your eletist vision of life and talk about things you know

If you like it and it makes you feel something it's not wasting your time. It doesn't matter how complex a string arrangement is or if a song only has a four on the floor beat looped for ages as a percussion section. All that matters is if you connect with it and enjoy it. Theres so much beautiful music out there, don't limit yourself to only what you deem complex enough to not insult your intelligence.

>mfw people keep refering to classical music for everything that is sounding "classicalish". Plotwist user : stricto sensu, Bartok aint classic, Brahms aint classic. Stick to your eletist vision of life and talk about things you know
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_music

OPN is venturing into classical now?

>IDM
Stop.

I'm too intellegent to waste my time on any piece of music that is over 2 minutes long

too late bud, its IDM now

according to you, classical is just as much -> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postmodern_music
that it is -> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_music
Fucking admit it, you're defining as classical everything that sounds like the Classical period and its afterpart

Yea, you call pop music marxist but in soviet russia the western musical canon was upheld and pop music was branded degenerate, whereas in the free market capitalist world pop music reigns supreme
you stupid fucking shill

You're acting like it's me who came up with these terms. I didn't, and I would've chosen different once if I had to make things less confusing, but it is what it is.

>Fucking admit it, you're defining as classical everything that sounds like the Classical period and its afterpart
I'm not saying that at all. You even acknowledge that in your post, there's Medieval classical music (among others from long before the Classical period), and there's classical music that sounds nothing like music from the Classical era (take your pick of 20th century composers for an example).

>a classical music vs modern music thread

Nice

>Sup Forums buzzwords

Fuck off

>classical music = jazz, musique concrète, harsh noise (for the most refined part of it of course) and some IDM artists. Period.

>tfw this guy really believes it

I kinda get your opinion, to say that Beethoven is better than anything that came after him is a bit too arbitrary as a statement, but deep down in my heart I feel that this is true and that no music touched the peaks that classical and baroque musicians touched hundreds of years ago