How have they gotten away with playing the same 3 chords for THIRTY fucking years?

How have they gotten away with playing the same 3 chords for THIRTY fucking years?

You confused them with AC/DC

>Green Day is shit "punk" band anyway, that I agree with

marketing

thats all most of this board is

How did they get away with saying "kill all the fags hat dont agree" and also be anti-trump?

Because if you listen to the song they are actually mocking the macho attitude that might make someone say that, not saying it themselves

They're mocking inventions of their liberal minds who they can oppose to feel like they have intellectual worth.

because FUCK AMERIKKKA FASCIST NAZI BUSH

>inventions of their liberal minds
lay off the brietbart man

>because FUCK AMERIKKKA FASCIST NAZI BUSH
that's like two songs off american idiot hth

I guarantee they have literally never heard anyone say "kill all fags that don't agree". They made those words up in their own heads.

they write good melodies.

Can't think of these guys without thinking about this "omg I'm the most punk ever!" dude I knew on Facebook who thought them and The Ramones were gods gift to music, while talking shit about bands that were actually good at their instruments. Do punks just have some inferiority complex when it comes to music? Is it just another example of those who do the least having the most to say? I like punk and all, but never understood this mindset.

Punk is shit.

damn

the musical equivalent of converse sneakers

>real punk
>good at their instruments

I enjoy MOST of they're albums
>Early stuff is great especially Kerplunk and Warning
>Political punk stuff was decent but kind of corny
>Uno,Dos and Tre suckered exept for a few tracks
>Rev radio was mostly ok,a few songs sounded a bit off like Troubled times but what I can't fucking stand is Young blood's lyrics

I feel kind of the same, except haven't enjoyed anything past warning

"Let's shoot the moon into the sun"

>that's like two songs off american idiot hth
And it's all they're known for after Dookie

They've probably heard people sing along at their concerts

SEVENTEEN AND STRUNG OUT ON CONFUSION

>ignoring Good Riddance

making catchy songs while more or less successfully jumping on relevant trends of the time (at least until after American Idiot, after that is just playing to their established fanbase until they get too old).