The "oasis was huge back in the day" meme needs to die

The "oasis was huge back in the day" meme needs to die.

they never had more than one charting single in America and three in the UK
they never played a concert to 250,000 people in which over 2 million applied for tickets.
they were never front page news.
they never broke any sales records.
they were never critically acclaimed.
nobody ever liked or cared about them.
they aren't even real a "rock" band, just major label manufactured product. even calling them soft rock is a stretch. they're nothing but the most effeminate acoustic pop, just shitty whiney twee ballads that only appeal to 8 year old girls, homosexuals, and pussy nu-males.

Wonderwall, their only geniune hit, is literally the shittiest song of all time
>lyrics are complete nonsense shit and repeated over and over again
>easy as fuck to sing but singer still sounds awful
>2 chords over and over
>bassline is just the root note of chord and nothing else
>drums are just simple 4/4 kick-snare pattern
>no other musical instruments present in the song
>ripped off of a 50s song and stylized to sound like the beatles

Oasis are an affront to music. Prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wm54XyLwBAk
oasisblues.com/2014/01/big-day-out-beady-eye-win.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Let's be real here guys, no memes, no trolling please. Oasis is literally the greatest musical artist of all time. If you can find me a better song than 'Champagne Supernova' or a better album than 'Definitely Maybe' I would like to hear it because it must be truly incredible. But the thing is, such things don't exist because music in the human race peaked with Oasis. Never again will we experience such an awesome, incredible band that writes anthems for every person on earth.

Now, if you don't like Oasis, I suggest you get the fuck out of Sup Forums, slit your wrists and re-evaluate your life.

"huge back in the day" = i loved them when i was a kid in the 90s

this. oasis were NEVER popular outside of wonderwall, but their deluded fans will tell you otherwise

I agree, Oasis is shit.

Blur is infinitely better and unlike Oasis, Damon Albarn was never afraid to try new things.

Lol, look its the "simple music is bad" meme. Nobody thinks you're smart for throwing around theory 101 terms to negate other peoples enjoyment of something.

U mad

Blur were even worse.

The correct answer is Pulp.

I'm sorry but Pulp is even worst than Blur.

The correct answer is a band whose name I forgot... it's on the tip of my tongue

[citation needed]

The Verve?

prove they were popular faggot

Suede? Manic Street Preachers? Elastica? Super Furry Animals?

I hope that Oasis reforms and has a giant reunion concert so that a terrorist can come in and detonate a giant bomb and kill the band and a good 80,000 of their scumbag fans all at once.

This is a pasta. They DID do all of these things

no they didn't retard

Amazing how history can be rewritten by calling someone a retard

The holocaust was real
"No it wasn't retard"
Damn...

>no they didn't retard

Oasis was pretty big around their big hit time, and then slowly died out. I think they looked more popular than they were because the gallagher brothers were (and still are) absolutely fucktards and were in the music news because of all their fights. Think of how you'd remember Kim Kardashian in 20 years, that's basically Oasis, without the sex tape (thank god).

t. 80s kid.

ok but they only had one hit in america

A ^ "Live Forever" was deemed ineligible to chart on the Billboard Hot 100 due to its lack of an American physical single release, but peaked at number 39 on the Hot 100 Airplay chart.[5]
B ^ "Champagne Supernova" was deemed ineligible to chart on the Billboard Hot 100 due to its lack of an American physical single release, but peaked at number 20 on the Hot 100 Airplay chart.[5]
C ^ "D'You Know What I Mean?" was deemed ineligible to chart on the Billboard Hot 100 due to its lack of an American physical single release, but peaked at number 49 on the Hot 100 Airplay chart.[5]
D ^ "Don't Go Away" was deemed ineligible to chart on the Billboard Hot 100 due to its lack of an American physical single release, but peaked at number 35 on the Hot 100 Airplay chart.[5]
E ^ "Lyla" did not enter the Billboard Hot 100, but peaked at number eight on the Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles chart, which acts as a 25-song extension to the Hot 100.[141]
F ^ "Falling Down" did not enter the Billboard Hot 100, but peaked at number six on the Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles chart, which acts as a 25-song extension to the Hot 100.[141]

youtube.com/watch?v=Wm54XyLwBAk

Why are they running, Sup Forums?

wait so you weren't a troll? You actually thought the pasta was correct?

>ok
Oh forgot the second pic sorry about that!

>they were never front page news.

>news

True

The only times I heard of them in news were when Noel Gallagher said "lulz fuck Phil Collins lmao"

How is that not news?

Here's some actual news for you.

OP isn't telling any lies. I'm American and I always knew Oasis as that one hit wonder British band that did Wonderwall. When I started browsing Sup Forums I was surprised to see how popular they were here.

>things are only popular if America knew them
literally get in the sea

>OP isn't telling any lies
See >I'm American and I
You were probably born in the 90s

Why do Brits still pretend America isn't the greatest country in the world? Every other country has followed suit, yet you guys still have a queen. What gives?

Non sequitur

We're talking about user being an idiot, not America

That's literally not what non-sequitur means. Is that /lit/'s new favorite buzzword? What happened to spook?

>That's literally not what non-sequitur means
"Does not follow"

Your comment did not follow the conversation, because the subject was user thinking that if he knew something or not would determine if it's popular.

They're still pretty big in the UK. Hear they're popular stuff a fair bit on the radio, Live Forever, Supersonic, Roll With It etc. Pretty much everyone I work with loves them and rumours of them getting back together have been pretty big news. Can't speak for the US but they really are a big deal over here.

Literally not one of the posts you linked to refutes a word of what I said. They did fairly well in the US, but they weren't a tremendous band by any measure. One of their albums peaked at 2 on the billboard chart and another hit 4. The rest were basically irrelevant.

>Literally not one of the posts you linked to refutes a word of what I said
OP claimed they only had 1 hit in America, but those graphics show 10 charting hits, 6 in the top 10.
OP claimed they only had 3 hits in the UK, and those graphics show 16 charting hits, all in the top ten.
OP claimed they were not "front page news" but the graphic shows two different instances of Oasis being featured on the front of a news media.

How old are you and where do you live? Because among my age group (early 20s) no one really cares about them besides maybe knowing 1 or 2 hits. Also might be a north/ south thing (I'm from Bristol)

dig out your soul was a rather good album, and The Shock of the Lightning is an absolute banger. Falling Down is an impeccable single too. Kind of makes me feel bad they split up just as they were starting to not suck for the first time in over a decade

>autists mad that oasis are objectively the biggest band to ever come out of britain

the fucking state of you plebs desu

>Because among my age group (early 20s)
Not relevant.

who cares about america desu? they're all fucking mongs over there

I'm early 20s and from Yorkshire. Most peple I work with are in their 40s/50s but a few are around my age and still like them.

Who gives a motherfuck if they were huge back in the day? Their music was shit and Americlaps and Brits alike were fooled into thinking otherwise.

Whats shit about it?

There were a group of pissed 35 year olds in the pub the other week who put on 6 Oasis tracks in a row on the jukebox. They're loved by pretty much everyone between the ages of 20 and 40 in Britain.

fucking oasis fans are turning this place into Son of Reddit

>stop liking what I don't like!

When are you guys gonna realize that Oasis is patrician as fuck?

They are so boring and popular that they cross the line into being morally reprehensible. Their fanbase is a blight.

fuck off faggots oasis are good, if you think otherwise you must really have shit taste

Oasis is the least creative band that has ever had a string of mainstream hits.

They ruined music for several years. The one bright spot to their reign of terror is that someone admitting they're an oasis fan = someone admitting to you that they are an idiot. It's musical down's syndrome.

Oasis : Pop Rock :: Hopsin : Rap

Even a bootleg of Liam and Noel having a drunken argument entered the fucking charts back in the day

They were a true phenomenon. No band has come close to matching their rise to fame since, and never will with the pathetic state of modern music.

Blur

I actually owned that at one point
>Wow it's an Oasis CD I haven't heard!
>here take my $15
>it's just them arguing for 20 minutes and I can't even understand a fucking word they say because of their accent

If you like Oasis, you might as well just cut off your balls

If you are upset by other people's opinions, you should just slit your wrists

I'm from the North of England (Sheffield), and the indie scene is still huge here from the whole Arctic Monkeys/Reverend/Milburn/Little Man Tate UK indie explosion in the mid 2000s.
Oasis is undoubtedly one of the most popular bands to ever exist to this day, there are clubs here that have nights where ONLY Oasis tracks are played.
And there is literally a 100% chance of hearing them no matter where you go on a night out, Blur have been forgotten but Stone Roses and Oasis are insurmountably huge, the former is selling out full weeks at stadiums still.

shut up oasis fan

I bet I get more pussy than you

70+ million worldwide album sales
8 number one albums in UK alone
8 number one singles in UK alone
Fastest selling debut album in UK history (at that time)
Morning Glory 5th biggest selling album in UK history
Be Here Now fastest selling album in UK history (at that time) Nearly 700,000 units in first week.
Knebworth biggest gigs in UK history (at the time) Approx 5% of the UK population applied for tickets
Earls Court biggest indoor gigs in UK history (at the time)

>Oasis were never front page news

Just fucking lol. In the mid 90s it was iterally the biggest media obsession over a band since The Beatles. Front page of the tabloids and TV news headlines ALL THE FUCKING TIME

Deny it all you want. Oasis are one of the biggest and best ever and will never be forgotten.

Meat Loaf "Bat Out Of Hell" sold 43 million copies

kek

Sums Amerifats taste in music pretty well

>OP isn't telling any lies. I'm American and I always knew Oasis as that one hit wonder British band that did Wonderwall
Because you probably weren't even alive when Oasis were at their peak of popularity in America (late 95 to 97). And I hate to break it to you, but everything OP said was false.

>Just fucking lol. In the mid 90s it was iterally the biggest media obsession over a band since The Beatles.
What is Nirvana?

Oasis were a much bigger deal in the UK comparitively

mansun

>Oasis were a much bigger deal in the UK comparitively

So you choked down that turd music for a half-decade, congrats. And now you're back to brown snowball it back in our faces.

Face it Monty, that's some fucking shit music and you know it.

>my opinion on the quality of Oasis is...
Not relevant.

shut up fag

>2 chords over and over
4 chords you drooling retard

Oh wow so deep

>Implying you need more

Go to bed Lou

yeah oasis sucks dick

They probably got more pussy in a month than you will your whole life

yeah probably all ugly, fat british chicks

>They probably got more pussy in a month than you will your whole life

I'd rather stick my dick in a ceiling fan than an oasis fan

Keep telling yourself that

>le oasis is trash XD

>le wonderwall one hit wonderr xd

>one hit in america kekk

>t-they are trash because i said so !!

>Sup Forums

everytime lmao

those are tool fans

oasisblues.com/2014/01/big-day-out-beady-eye-win.html

Goddamn Oasishaters are fucking awful

whatever
probably have loose cunts

>dat damage control

I agree oasis is extremely overrated maybe not to the extent you said but they definitely are a standard music company product

>but they definitely are a standard music company product
what does that mean

>they definitely are a standard music company product
They don't sound like anything in the mainstream at the time.

They're literally a manufactured major label boyband product no different, then, say Imagine Dragons.

They formed themselves as a completely different band in 1991 called The Rain, and didn't get signed til 1993 to an independent label.

That's what the media want you to think. There's nothing legitimate about Oasis at all. They are "rock" at all.

Prove it

They still have their bi-monthly 15 minutes of fame in the press, the whole crotchety old rockstar schtick. Like they're Kieth Richards or something.

The fucking guys that wrote Wonderwall.

Just listen to wonderwall

>The fucking guys that wrote Wonderwall.
There's more to them then that you moron. They were the biggest rock band in 30 years in the UK during their heyday.