Solve this

Solve this

Other urls found in this thread:

calculatorsoup.com/calculators/math/math-equation-solver.php?x=20/5(2+2)&action=solve
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i feel with ur mathgrades, son..

its 16, pemdas
you do m/d and a/s, left to right in the equation, i teach math..

which dubs do i trust wtf

I don't need math.

Flounder off you silly cunts.

how about going to school instead of asking questions of a 6yo?

Neat! This one is different then the normal ones.

it's 16 cause no distributing is done since its 5*(2+2) and not 5(2+2) which would make the answer 1

trolls

uno

Have little doubt, there will be people proving that since it's 'pemdas' not 'pedmas' multiplying should be done before dividing, while it's just like you said, obviously.

too bad both options are the same...
the american faggotery is too fkin high..

I thought 5(2+2) is the same as 5*(2+2)?

>.>

It's 16.

hail satan

5*(2+2) = 20. Of course, 20/5 = 4, not 5.

Sorry that we have algebra?

it's not, it's why most people get so butt hurt in these threads. But thanks for not auto insulting me :) the distributive property is part of the P in PEMDAS and if there were no * then you'd multiply whats outside the parenthesis across whats in it. But since it's not it's not part of P. Math sure is a trip

im embarrassed for people when they say 16.. Thick motherfucking cunts. the brackets mean do that before any of the sum. meaning 20/5*(2+2) = 20/5*4 = 20/20 = 1........... NOT 20/5*(2+2) = (20/5)*(2+2) = WTF???!?! where did the brackets come from?!?! = 4*4 = 16 WTF LOL TARDS 16 AHAHAHA

PEDMAS:
20/5(2+2)
20/5(4)
4(4)

Bro, the * means its not part of the brackets. Basic mistake but you still get it more then most posters.

Even better.
calculatorsoup.com/calculators/math/math-equation-solver.php?x=20/5(2+2)&action=solve

Bidmas and Bodmas.
Brackets, Indicies, Divide, Multiply, Add, Subtract.
Brackets, Orders(Indicies(powers)), Divide, Multiply, Add, Subtract.
Brackets first people. you thick fuckers

GTFO!

>No calculators on this test

It's 1 (one)

10^1google

Precisely. Brackets first, and not what's -outside- of the brackets. So (2+2) and not 5(2+2).

parenthesis first

(2+2)

ok all parenthesis are done

20/5*4

you want M first? sure

but since it's allowed to change 20/5 to 20*0.2, we'll do that (since they're both the same thing)

20*0.2*4

4*4

but then explain bodmas which is taught in other places?

Brackets first means 2+2 = 4. then the rest of the problem. Your forgetting that a sign separates the number from what's inside the brackets. No distrubitive property because its not 5(4) its 5 * (4) and that makes it happen after the things to the left.

Shit dogs we need actual math challenge threads

To be quite honest, I was 696394747.

Well you passed the Sup Forums 1 question pop quiz. CG

That's a different problem then OP's

Are you retarded? You used pemdas as your reason for being right but pemdas is parenthesis exponents multiplication division addition subtraction you obvi don't reach match or you would know what the answer is

5x and 5*x are the same thing

you can distribute simply because they are being multiplied, any two products can be transformed into distributing

8*(2+2) is the same as 8(2+2)

8*(4) = 32 and (16+16) = 32

changing one side of an equation will never make the end result different, which is why math is so glorious, it cannot be ambiguous

calculators do in fact do these properly. parenthesis only refer to the numbers inside the parenthesis, not the ones touching them

>American kids rank 25th in math but 1st in confidence

Dig your passion for math, I just did some googling and you're right. But we're both making this harder on us, distributing apparently is only essential when the products inside the Brackets can't be added.

We have the south attached to us, it's like a big fat huge panus (the fat turbo stomachs) dragging the rest of us normal humans down.

16 fags used google.

No excuses dude. I don't think half the people here are joking, they genuinely think the answer is other than 1.

... You fucking what now? You don't get to talk shit and then be wrong and have it considered valid.

/thread

No, I am not going to do your math homework for you. You fucking retarded faggot.

16 you cucklord now fuck off.

This is an example of some questions that are floating around the interwebz with the sole purpose of making people disagree violently in the comments. It is poorly formatted and hence ambiguous. Depending on if you interpret the 2∗22∗2 to be in the denominator, you get different results. A correctly written mathematical expression does not have any ambiguity and hence only one answer.

Are you the same person who thinks adding an asterisk changes how math is done?

America =/= USA

shitskin immigrant

This is the mathematical equivalent of writing the sentence, "Lets eat Grandpa". With no punctuation there are different ways to interpret.

>not knowing how the English language works
>calling other shitkins
>probably a shitskin himself