Which is the least tactical sport and why is it basketball?

Which is the least tactical sport and why is it basketball?

Other urls found in this thread:

chicagonow.com/chicago-bulls-confidential/2011/03/baseball-the-least-strategic-and-least-explosive-an-anomaly-of-sports/
youtube.com/watch?v=8n1hvuks-hQ
home.trainingpeaks.com/blog/article/choosing-a-marathon-pacing-strategy
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the best tactical sport is sneaking into your sisters bedroom without your parents noticing it.

Netball because apehoop has tactical fouls, netball is just pass the ball to someone who is open

Aye, I never liked how easy it was to just spam goals. Seems stupid tbqh.

Test cricket is officially the patricians sport of choice.

Its probly rugby desu all you have to do is be big and fast, explains why all the big cucks from the islander countries are so good at it

Wtf

I'd probably say shitposting is the best tactical sport. Lot of hard work and dedication there.

pass the ball to the tall chick near the net

also surely baseball is just hit the fucking ball

It's honestly ridiculous how people who have no idea about basketball feel the need to "educate" people about what the sport is.
But sure, explain why
Hardmode: it can't be because blacks are good at it.

>spam goals
Yeah it's not like there's a defense or anything, or like most games are decided by 10% scoring margins that directly depend on defense and possession management.

Hitting a baseball is one of the hardest things to do in sport

there's more tactics in baseball than meets the eye. fielders will change positions depending on what kind of batter they're facing, pitchers will change pitches and batters will change stances and types of swings.

Baseball. Guys call it "strategic" but also put forward the fact that "hitting a baseball is the hardest thing to do in sports" (kek): so, explain how you build a strategy revolved around an action based mostly on luck???

It's like building a strategy in a tails head flip game, or dices

wtf I hate my sister now

it has nothing to do with luck, some batters are good at predicting what type of pitch is coming and some are not. luck only comes into play when an umpire makes a shitty call.

There are tons of strategy in just the pitcher, catcher and batter alone.

You're dumb, user.
Sorry to break it to you.

That's not tactics, but mere operative level: how to answer this specific situation?
With this reasoning, a simple football pass is "tactics", a dribble is "strategy"

Name one baseball strategy that isn't just "move the players around a bit"

Basketball is just as strategic as soccer, if not more.
Set plays, lineup strategies, screens, fouling, situational decisions, etc.

Youre thinking of tennis

If it was based around luck there wouldnt be huge differences in batting totals. Especially over a 162 game season.

Im gonna vote for Bowling. Tactically, the only thing you really need to worry about is lane oil patterns (which are standardized to hell and back for pro bowlers). Everything else is just basically muscle memory.

I don't know shit about boreball, toothpaste friend, but an action having a low ratio of success doesn't make it luck-based.

>That's not tactics

defensive positioning to achieve an intended result is not tactics? sounds like it to me

Guaranteed you've never read a playbook or understood why the coach has a clipboard.

If we're going with pseudo-sports, how about darts?
Aren't you just supposed to, you know, aim well?

Mixing the signs up when players are on base. Mixing pitches up to get batters off balance. Hit and run when a player in on first. Suicide squeeze. Bunt to get the runners over. Putting in situational pitchers depending on match ups.

Need I continue?

Okay good point Roger Federer

Baseball strategies:
Small ball (advance a little by little with base on balls, steals and sacrifices)
Power hitter (home runs lololol)
And that's all

not really lol

What you are doing is what I could do for your sport.

>hoofball. Hit it up to a tall guy
>build out the back. Small passes to build up field

That's all.

We both know there is more to each sport.

No you stay away from my darts you runt

How can one man consistently dominate to this ridiculous degree if it is luck based

changing your fielding to answer a specific situation is literally the definition of tactics.

Pretty sure soccer is just kick the ball.

See what I did there? Shut up and kill yourself Nigel.

He didn't say it was luck based, I don't think.

Those sound like tactics to me.

List baseball strategies then

If we're talking about French sports, I'll just say we need more pétanque threads.

I meant it didn't have tactics (correct me if I'm wrong), not that it's luck based.
It's obviously skill-based.

Clearly never played basketball competitively. There's tons of strategy and tactics every team employs. Defensively you have zone, m2m, combo defense, deciding whether to go under or over screens, full/half court pressing, double teaming etc.

Offensively you have spread, zone, motion, early offense, setting proper screens to open up players, spacing etc. And this is all just basic stuff you learn in elementary. It gets super in depth the higher level you move up

That's just tricks. A good comparison would be dribbles at football, or CB 4 passing to GK who pass to CB 5 to make opposing CF run

Fpbp

Okay, pitching differently to certain batters depending on tape and tendencies to hit certain pitches better than others.

Like pitching inside to a player that hits well on outside pitches.

what do you think tactics are? they are designed to trick your opponent.

You forgot operational mate. In your plan tactics and ops are merged, so that follows nicely your narrative

Well most "strategy" can be attributed to moves done during the draft, trading farm pieces and building a certain team based on a model. My team always drafts tall, fire baller pitchers. Other teams draft different players.

Why have yuropoors been posting extra retarded shit lately?

Other than a few obvious bait posts, I believe this thread has been fairly civil.

Golf
There is literally no tactic involved. Just get the ball in. I agree that the deree of difficulty is insane, but in this game, tactic will never outlast skill

Caddies need to know specific slopes and at what exact angle they need the golfer to hit depending on the fairway and green. It isn't as simple as just hit the ball well. If you have a shit caddy that didn't do their homework, you'll have a bad time.

I do agree that other sports definitely have more tactics and strategy though.

Darts have at least a point total you have to reach, thus you have to do a little math in the very least. Im not implying it's a huge increase in strategic thinking, but in comparison to bowling, it's at least strategically way stronger.

chicagonow.com/chicago-bulls-confidential/2011/03/baseball-the-least-strategic-and-least-explosive-an-anomaly-of-sports/

you mean big sister right?

the reasons he's citing are what makes baseball more interesting than other sports for me. "you can't milk a hot matchup", that's a great quote, but not for the reason he thinks. in baseball, depth is more important than anything, and its what gets you far into the playoffs. you can't put your star defender on their star offensive player. you have to trust in every player on the field to do their job.

itt: baseball cuck BSA's try and show how complicated luckswing is compared to test cricket to patrician cricket fans and fail: thread 10000

Ice Hockey

it's literally just dump the puck in
work it back to the point for a shot into traffic
score off deflection or rebound

it takes an incredible amount of skill to play, but it's not very complex

literally one person in this thread mentioned cricket

No one is even talking about cricket you insecure, snaggletoothed faggot.

>you insecure, snaggletoothed faggot.

What you posted can be compared to a far left person citing Slate. It holds no depth. This isn't objective at all.

Football
>kick the ball away when it's near your goal
>kick the ball towards the other team's goal

youtube.com/watch?v=8n1hvuks-hQ

Because nothing takes more skill than football freestyle m8

Fuck cricket

Cricket has Uk, aus, pakistan, india

Baseball has US, japan, mexico, venezuela, korea, dominacan rep, cuba

I would rather belong to the 2nd group

>if something's hard, it'seems all luck
France everyone.

Handegg
>run into a giant pile of fatties and fall down
>get up and do it again
>cut to commercial

sorry jamal didn't realise blacks like luckswing now shouldn't you be eating food so you can run at other fat people?

lets play, spot the Mexican
oh wait, that was easy.

>throw the ball into the ground and use an oversized paddle to hit it
Cricket is a children's game.
Its basically a combination of softball and tee-ball

What fucking narrative, I have no horse in this race, I just posted a screencap from a website to clarify what those 2 terms mean.

I don't care about football. Why does every retarded euro think 100% of America loves football?

niggers dont care
they are on wellfare
you act suprised
because the niggers rob you twice

Rate my off the top shitpost post

3/10

I guess shitposting isnt really a tactical sport now..

>just as strategic as "soccer"

LMAO

I mean trying to rhyme surprised with twice is pretty meh

It obviously can't have strategy if you're not playing "against" another person.

Just like there's no strategy in swimming or running.

Dumb fact:
Originally Naismith didn't even think coaches would be necessary in basketball. He figured it would be free flowing and fast paced and that there'd be no need for stuff like zone defenses and what not. He ended up being a coach himself though later on.

Actually there can be on long distances.
home.trainingpeaks.com/blog/article/choosing-a-marathon-pacing-strategy
Although there's arguably only one valid strategy.

I guess on short distances you could argue there's strategy in choice of training regiment but then that's true of all sports or even games.

>Basketball is just as strategic as soccer
So none? Basically give the ball to the star and hope something happens.

That's not true of basketball and even less so of football.

>no strategy in running

Divegrass. There's a formation with more players attacking, another one with more players defending, wow such tactics wow

Can't argue desu. The sport is too fast and fluid to have real Xs and Os strategy. There are strategic objectives and some basic defensive schemes but the best players improvise the fastest

Basket is very tactical in Europe. Not at NBA, which is why is so great to watch.

Probably most dumb Olympic sports.

>it's a Sup Forums thinks they know shit about sports episode
When was the last time you fat fucks went outside ?

Basketball is an indoor sport, m80.

As a guy with a blind sister, I never fucking win without my sister noticing

Also what to do when you'receive on base involves a lot of dangerous dedication making.

I'd say baseball is actually more tactical than athletic. Unless you've got Bo Jackson on the field.

>dangerous dedication making

The only strategy in soccer is "don't shoot and hold the ball as long as possible because transition play is completely impossible, then try to score in the last 4 minutes of the half/game and get mad when there's low scores"

That's not true and that wasn't even your original claim.

but for real coaching is very unimportant in playoff basketball
the top coaches in the league are pop, carlisle, the blazers guy, stevens, budenholzer
none of those guys are making deep playoff runs every year unless (in pops case) the talent is there
basketball is about talent above all else
the only time in recent memory that the less talented team won was 2011

I'm not that guy I just like fucking with soccerfags
That is pretty true though, that's how almost every soccer game plays out, bullshitting around for 40 minutes, then frantic scoring attempts

Pro sports =/= all sports. And while the majority of goals are scored close to ends of halves (especially the end), they're not all goals. That's as stupid as when people say you should only watch 4th quarter basketball.

I don't think football is particularly deep tactically btw, I just don't think you're summing up why well.

Can someone please the strategy in soccer?

Just like every other sport.
The last time a team that wasn't stacked won the CL was 2004.

Do you understand blocking schemes in football?

I'd say strategy is more about management, so getting the better players and staff that suit your goals well, aswell as planning better tactics to be used in matches. Kind of like most team sports.
Tactics isn't much really, you have formations, collective and individual instructions (like playing high or low, long or short passes, where to go to not step on your teammates toes and maximize space), specific situational instructions (like on set pieces, right after scoring/taking a goal or in endgame situations), substitutions patterns. There really isn't any planned complex player movement worth a playbook like in handegg or apehoop though, except maybe on set pieces.

Soccer easy. Best example is when tiki-taka came around and everyone is an uproar acting like some new ground breaking tactic was invented

Basically they pass the ball more, use zones and maximize ball possession time

That's it. That's the ground breaking idea. ..

Football is easily the most tactical. You could and they haven't written books in things like the west coast offense, zone blocking, 3/4 versus 4/3.

They have playobokks with over 5,000 plays

You mean handegg? Not really, my experience there is limited at madden and a couple of games watched. And Blood Bowl.
I don't really know specific schemes.

... No. Not at all. The NFL has the draft, free agency, undrafted free agency, supplymental draft, trades etc just to start