Harry Potter and the Chamber of secrets

Rewatching the HP series, and why was the diary Voldemort so fucking stupid?
He just had to slowly suck Ginny's life force until he was resurrected, he could have resurrected himself literally without anyone noticing if he didn't attract attention to himself.
But NO the stupid faggot had to attack the students and leave blood written messages, making everybody more alert and making some people start investigating.
Ginny is starting to suspect something you say, no problem, kidnap her, but don't leave a fucking message that you kidnapped her.

Also the diary thing was his best Horcrux he made, he should have made several of them instead of stupid rings, snakes and shit.

I'm not a bookfag, is his stupid reasoning better explained in the books?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novikov_self-consistency_principle
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I dont remember much about the books but you've got a valid point. Bumping your thread.

It's probably because this is a series for kids written by a retard.

>the stupid faggot had to attack the students and leave blood written messages, making everybody more alert and making some people start investigating.
His ego was so fucking huge he needed the attention. He wanted people to know that he was around to make everyone scared and incapable of practicing magic, which actually worked, he just did it too late.

>I'm not a bookfag, is his stupid reasoning better explained in the books?
Yes, but not in this part - Voldemort was stupid as fuck because he was too prideful of his own heritage and he hates people who are born in muggle families, like Hitler on steroids on Aryan topic. That's the main point why Voldemort kills muggles and muggleborns and creates horcruxes from valuable things and not, let's say, from some grain of sand.
Sorry, english is not my native language.

he knows about the prophecy and has to kill harry

He really liked opening that chamber and sending his bae to kill students. He's also the heir of Slytherin, gotta take pride.

But once Harry gets the Diary Voldemort changes his tactics and baits him into the chamber with Ginnys body, he tells Harry his plan has changed and he just wants to kill him. So he sicks the Basilik on him

>point out a plot hole
>b-b-but the villain had a massive ego!

Why didn't he throw his horcruxes into the ocean or something?

its not a plot hole faggot pay attention

see he tells Harry once he found the Diary he was focused on killing him

He put them in places that had significsmce to him, ie Hogwarts, the cave, The Riddle House

He also was a maniac who thought he was invincible

>i cant even figure out something as simple as this so im going to discredit the work and not my brain

Voldemort shows the memory of Hagrid knowing Harry will look into it and hoping he gets killed by the spiders in the forest, bc they are very dangerous. He they baits Harry with Ginnys body so he can kill him with the Basilik

It's still stupid, because he could have killed him with his own two hands if he was a little more patient, the entire resurrection process took only couple of months.

of you nitpick like that you will find something in anything to complain about, he wanted to use the Basilik bc everyone was hype and if you have a Basilik you use it

If he thought he was invincible why did he make horcruxes in the first place?

voldemort was a shitposter

thats why he thought he was invincible because he had made them and nobody save Slughorn, Kreacher and Regulus black knew

but he doesnt know Regulus knew. Just Slughorn and the elf he had come with him into the cave to set it up

Whats going on here

Because one of the biggest fears of an egomaniac is death/being forgotten. Also because it's a very very very bad book series written by an barely average writer, at least the first book.

the latter books were pretty good I thought starting with azkaban films too even though they fucked up govbet

That's what I meant, when I was freelancing as a ghost writer one of the few rumors I heard from more than one publisher was that all the books after the first one were ghost written.
It could be false but since the first book, and some parts of the latter ones, seem inspired by Earthsea I don't find it hard to imagine that the rumor is true.

>itt: people so dumb they don't understand hubris, ego or the concept of a fatal flaw

go read macbeth faggots

She made up the Horcrux shit later.

People seem to not understand that very, very few writers ever think that far ahead.
They just start randomly including shit from older books/seasons/films into newer stuff to make it seem like it was some big plot. When really they never thought they'd see success and sequals in the first place. It's all just unintentional bullshit.

Yea idk it could be true but it could also not be, to me they seem written the same as the first

Idk what Earthsea is. I liked the orwellian/brazilian themes and constant self deprecation

I hate bald wizardz

>I had to read Shakespeare plays in high school english so now I have a license to throw around poetic terms I scarcely know the meaning of

Nah.

Youre probably right most of what you said is right, thats just how writing works. But she did think of things happening in the end when she was originally writing the first one, so she says.

So its possible she knew what she was thinking of possibly doing. The second book and sixth have lots of parallels

>i cant analyze harry potter
FTFY

>Analyzing pre-teen fiction

I don't think so.

lol you realize the films were made by adults and most of the latter ones were have brazilian undertones

the source material is extremely British, i dont think you quite get their tongue in cheek nature. stick to simple stuff bro.

>b-b-but they're made for adults!
>Dat utter delusion

who gives a fuck about some BRs nigga lmao

There's more to analyze than LoTR or GOT.

If he had sucked Ginny's life force, would he have become sexually attracted to Harry?

Look I'm sorry you are retarded and can't analyze film direction and cinematography on a film board but just because they have weird accents doesn't mean it isnt right there.

>LoTR
Only because it's been done to death and there's not a whole lot left to explore. Tolkien was a very dry writer.
>GoT
The man is a shit writer.

But Harry has a part of Voldy inside him. Does that mean that he would also be attracted to himself?

Keep crying, child.

Why didn't Harry just shoot Voldemort with a gun?

and therefore the films, Cuarons and Yates' have a lot going on because they afforded them to

Why didn't Voldemort turn his own soul into a Horcrux?
The soul is eternal, man.

He only started caring about Harry after the petrifications began. Voldemort programmed the diary to open the chamber and kill mudbloods.

Maybe he didn't expect Harry to find the chamber so fast - after all, Voldemort is the only one who found it in like a thousand years.

Horcruxes are supposed to be kept safe and secret, the diary was only an experiment that clued Dumbledore to the existence of other Horcruxes, because of the way it was used.

But yeah Voldemort was holding a pretty huge idiot ball, like everyone else in the series.

Everyone's attracted to themselves. We surround ourselves with people like ourselves for a reason. Harry shares a lot of traits with Voldemort but is also the opposite in a lot of ways. This opposition also attracts because attraction and detestation are very alike deep down inside of you.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense, I'm not doing too well right now

I've only seen 1-4 and I've now started watching them all too, up to the 5th movie now. Upon a rewatch of the first 4 movies I've been starting to notice a ton of stupid shit that doesn't make sense especially with how the wizarding world even co-exists with the muggle world. J.K Rowling is a hack.

Also, why did Ron need to stay on the horse?

>Keep crying, child
>Keep crying, child
>Keep crying, child
that anal devastation

You can't have magic powers AND be intelligent, man. That would be literally cheating.

Why didn't Voldemort turn the eagles into Horcuxs and fly them to Gotham?

No, it does make sense, but don't confuse sexual/romantic attraction to social attraction.

>the villain of your movie is a book

the films get really good after Goblet, i loved 7.1, 6 and 5

>Also, why did Ron need to stay on the horse?
He had a massive boner and he didn't want Hermione to see.

Don't try to make sense of the series, it would only make your head hurt. There are a lot of things Rowling did simply for the plot to move on or for comedic value and didn't think of how they clash with other elements.

they coexist with the aid of magic. the 4th film is objectively the worst

>If a character has a flaw it's a plothole
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I try not too but stuff like Diagon Alley being in London makes me wonder if you can even see the Ally from above. I can't tell if it's the same universe they live in or people are just dumb and don't notice a whole district behind a wall, that's the kinda shit that bothers when I read J.K's books, she clearly writes off the top of her head that much is obvious, it gets more annoying when she tries to explain everything with "It's magic! Lol!"

In the GBC Chamber of Secrets game Harry destroys the diary with the sword instead of the fang. Years later it turns out the sword was one of the few things that can destroy a horcrux.

Weird coincidence, huh?

No you wouldnt see from above they have concealment charms of course, just like to keep people from seeing Hogwarts. If they approach hogwarts or something its said muggles remember something else they have to do and go away.

The wizards hide themselves and yes since its fantasy they do so with witchcraft and wizardry

There's magic that hides Diagon Alley, in the first book when Harry first sees the entrance he notices that muggles don't seem to see it. There are all kinds of spells who just repel muggles but they didn't mention it in the movies.

The sword was able to destroy Horcruxes because it absorbed Basilisk venom, like the fang.

If in the game you already killed the basilik with the sword the sword would have worked just like the fang. Harry just uses the fang bc its right there

That is a funny coincidence though.

in the book he uses the fang, after he stabs the snek in the mouth with the sword his fang breaks off in harry's shoulder.

Fair enough then, I'll take back what I said not read the books in a while, don't even think I made it upto Half Blood Prince.

This thread is really retarded
It's for kids, none of it makes sense

I dont think they described it in the book but Hermione destroys a horcrux in the chamber and she didnt have the sword when ron and hermione went down there. Ergo in the movie they are shown using another basilik fang from the skeleton.

Curious, can you list some of those parallels?

The films make sense. The books pretty much do as much as any fiction

Do they have charms against google maps?

It is a wierd coincidence, nothing more.
The game needed to destroy the book with something sharp and Harry was hodling the sword already, while making a tiny sprite for the fang and fitting it in with Harry's sprite while still making it clear to players of the target age group that it's the fang would have been difficult/night impossible. Not to mention that those very same players wouldn't even notice or care about the descrepancy of a normal sword being able to destroy the diary, they just care about the cool basilisk fight scene and the evil macguffin getting destroyed.

-the diary and the half blood prince's book
-the potion heaviness, the pollujuice potion and then Felix Felicis and the love potion etc.
-the school is saved from destruction within, the school is destroyed from within
-harry saves an incapacitated ginny
-harry defends an incapacitated dumbledore
-fawks comes to the rescue, dumbledore comes to the rescue
-they sneak into slytherim house, draco sneaks the death eaters into hogwarts
-harry has to watch ginny die on the floor in the chamber
-harry is forced to watch dumbledore die as he lays stunned on the ground
-aragog is introduced aragog dies
-ginny takes harry to the room of requirement to rid himself of the half blood princes book when harry helped her rid her of tom riddles spell

those are just some i noticed im sure theres more

The time turner already fucks with any stability in the plot.

They could have used it to fix everything but it disappears after PoA.

Do Jewish wizards exist?

Rowling wrote all the time turners out because she realized how broken they are

Yes, there are going to be ones in the new flick set in Murika

What's their agenda?

Google Maps didn't exist

One of them ends up fucking the MC

no it doesn't. number one its supposed to be batshit and funny that the head wizards would allocate the most powerful object to a teen girl nerd to take more classes. its just supposed to be funny.

second, after hermione uses it that term and ages approx 2-3 months they take it away and the ministry as before regulates its use. they have them in the dept. of mysteries, when the fight happens in book 5 they are all destroyed, its described that they are all smashed and stuck in a time loop where they keep falling and smashing on the floor

third the time travel itself abides by the Novikov self consistency principle, its accurate how its portrayed in the film.

And their grandchild marries Luna

Meaning that Luna blanda upp'd with Jews

You mad, goyim?

>You will never trick Luna into sex by telling her your semen repels nargles

You see the word 'flaw' in fatal flaw.

>they take it away

No they don't, Hermione decided to return it because she couldn't handle the stress load of all the classes.

>
third the time travel itself abides by the Novikov self consistency principle, its accurate how its portrayed in the film.

No it doesn't, the Department of Mysteries did an experiment where they sent a witch centuries into the past and she caused several people in the present to vanish.

But satellites did.

The charm hides it from muggle consciousness whether they see it through a satellite or irl, it's not just some invisibility charm.

Does Santa Claus exist in the Potter universe? Is he some fat and deranged wizard who just went rogue and started giving toys to kids?

I forgot how she gave it up but it doesnt matter point is she doesnt have it anymore. She couldn't handle the stress of being up longer everyday and aging and having to time travel and be cautious. I would be stressed too

To add you didn't understand the time usage, they couldnt retroactively change the past like that, unless it was breifly. The time turners have to be used by the user when worn and are not alternate timelines but simultaneous happenings. They say they only allow specific use for 4-5 hours to prevent crazy paradoxes from happening. If you go back and time and change it, like they did with Buckbeak, you actually had always dome that aince you went back in time. there is no reality in which you didnt go back in time so buckbeak never dies