It's been confirmed today that Wolves have new billionaire chinese owners: FOSUN International have purchased the club...

It's been confirmed today that Wolves have new billionaire chinese owners: FOSUN International have purchased the club. Their chairman and CEO are both worth billions, and the company has a market capitalisation of $8b.

Are you ready for their return to the Prem?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/OfficialWolves/status/756125346995572736
soccerstats.com/attendance.asp?league=england2
mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/alternative-premier-league-table-leeds-3029399
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pretty cool logo desu

More than one billionaire owns a club outside of the premier league. Look at Vincent Tan; billionaire owner of Cardiff, and they're still shite. Just because a rich guy buys a club doesn't mean he's going to sink hundreds of millions into it.'

Especially as this wasn't purchased by one guy but by an international consortium, which has shareholders. Whatever they do will have to make money for their shareholders and spending several hundred million on a football team aint it.

Wolves vs Foxes rivalry fucking when

Never, nowhere near each other

Gay

Except FOSUN is purchasing Wolves to further their own brand, which would require the club to be in the Prem. Jorge Mendes is involved and the club has already been linked to loads of players that could find themselves on Prem clubs.

With the Chinese gov going all in on soccer, I'm pretty sure FOSUN is going to spend.

twitter.com/OfficialWolves/status/756125346995572736

How do lifelong and local wolves fans feel about their team turning into plastic Chinese playtoy now?

you brits are too picky, the lakers and celtics are literally on opposite sides of the country and play in different conferences and still hate eachothers guts

>lakers
It's Rangers that are Celtic's rival

Our rivalries are different since our country is gigantic compared to theirs.

Better than being an irrelevant mid-take chump club.

WE'VE WON THE LOTTERY!

Jez Moxey is gone as well. I'm sure fellow Wolves anons will be celebrating tonight.

Compared to Steve Morgan's shitty tenure as chairman, literally anything is an improvement.

and our rivalries are based on old conference/division games and finals over local/regional and competitive league matches

>1.5 hr drive is far apart

damn bongistan is tiny as fuck

>only £20-30m promised in the next two years

Fuck me, that's barely enough to compete for the playoffs. What happened to competing for Europe?

Not when there are 5, maybe 6 teams of an equal level closer to them

Yup. Both have their pros and cons I believe.

You drive 30 minutes down the road and you start a fight based on what to call bread

are wolves still going to be the second richest club in england?

Fosun won't advertise exactly what they're planning to spend, they wouldn't want other clubs to inflate fees. With the players lined up, we'll probably spend that by next week. Ivan Cavaleiro will be around £15m for a start.

How do we know he's still a target now that Lopetegui is going to England? He could've been part of the Li bid for all we know.

Pretty shit to be honest
Looks like the logo of an evil super villain from an 90s cartoon

I was under the impression that Cavaleiro, Pelé and Costa were coming with Mendes' blessing more so than anything else. Lopetegui going to the national team is a let down, but there has to be a reason why he held off signing for them until today.

Fosun and Mendes will go back to the drawing board on a manager, Jackett already knows that his contract is being terminated.

>mfw read it as calero and wondered when the fuck he became worth £15m

>but there has to be a reason why he held off signing for them until today.

I really think Li was a bidder, and Lopetegui was part of it that deal. With that bid failed, Lopetegui has to go with Spain.

I'm not opposed to keeping Jackett if it means Costa, Pele and Cavaleiro are still coming. I don't think Jackett is as bad as other Wolves supporters make him out to be. He's had his hands tied in the last year with the club for sale.

>Rivalry based on club badge.

You fucking plastic cunt.

Jackett is too conservative. He threw away the opportunity to get into the play-offs the season before last. Performances at the end of that season were getting worse and worse, even with Afobe, Dicko and Sako. I know his hands were tied last season, but the signings and the football served were horse shit.

Based chip "Cob" here.

To add to this, apparently Marc Wilmots will be our next manager. He's a complete clown, he got nothing out of a very good Belgium team.

better than the merryside derby

>He threw away the opportunity to get into the play-offs the season before last.

But did he really? Wolves dubiously broke the record for most points accumulated in a season that did not result in a playoff spot. It was an unlucky break, as they would've been Top 6 any other year. I don't think Jackett is at all the long term solution, and I'm not fussed either way if he stays or goes, I just think the anti-Jackett sentiment is misplaced.

All I know is that rotherham is in two weeks and the squad is still wafer thin.

What's the merryside derby?

It looks like a video game. Not in a million years would I have guessed this was a sports logo.

He did, in my humble opinion. The Ipswich (H) and Blues (A) games were dreadful performances. Ipswich especially was a golden opportunity that Jackett's safety-first attitude cost us. They scored against the run of play in the first half, and then we huffed and puffed in the second after scoring just after half time.

Our squad is dreadful. Apart from Iorfa and Graham, I wouldn't be sad to see anyone go.

I would hold onto Hause in addition to those two. Struggled at times, but the talent is obviously there.

Source?

People who I know to be in the know have mentioned Wilmots. Take it with a pinch of salt for now.

Hause is improving steadily but I would be inclined to take Red Bull's offer for him. £6m could be put toward someone who is more consistent.

mersey *

>People who I know to be in the know

Are these the same people who said it was going to be Li? And that 5 players would be unveiled last Thursday? And etc etc

>implying that's a bad thing

I'm not convinced Robin Li was ever interested, or Ding Lei (kek) back in 2015 for that matter. I know some people who work at Compton and they send me bits of information that often turn out to be true.

will these lads finish doing up molyneux?

I hope so. Most Wolves fans are against moving to a concrete bowl next to the motorway.

>Wolves bought for £45 million
>Pogba transfer fee ~£115 million

WHAT PART OF WOLVES ARE YOU FROM LADS?

Compton here

Imagine Wolves are a bargain if these chinks plan on spending.

who /tipton/ here

Okay grandad

I used to live in Trysull desu.

Nice, I go to The Bell pretty often

This should put things into perspective.

>billionaires will never buy your local beer team

Could've bought Leeds, the club with the biggest potential outside the PL.

Buys Wolves.

>STEVE

>BULL

>STEVE BULL

>STEVEBULLENGLAND

Forest have been taken over by a Greek consortium, maybe they'll finally come back to the big time

Which part of Wolves are you guys from?

lifelong from Newbridge here.

its not 2005 m8

i have a 15 year old cousin who only knows leeds as a small lower league side. thats how long its been

newcastle villa etc are much much bigger than leeds. and looking at your attendances so are about 5 traditionally championship clubs

kek i cant wait for them to build a 50k seater stadium and then realise nobody lives there. ronaldo and messi playing in half empty stadiums in literally who land

>and looking at your attendances so are about 5 traditionally championship clubs
Such as?

soccerstats.com/attendance.asp?league=england2

>55 percent full

too big for the championship la

Hail to the king.

Enjoy Cellino.

>Brighton & Hove
Ouch

COME ON ME BABBIES

Penn me mon'

Rack up them Premier League titles

Compton, moving to Newbridge so though

Derby, Forest, Burton, Coventry, Birmingham, Aston Villa and Mansfield Town are all closer to Leicester

tfw the chinks want to change Wolves name to Dragons and the shirts to red.

>what is Cardiff City

Already got a 32,000 seater, lad

muh Asian shirt sales!!!

>buying a grey northern shithole

I have heard Wolverhampton is a nice city. They have a big mall.

Bully & Mutch legends

Whats going on here is that guy grabbing his nips?

That guy is more of a local legend than the footballer who has a stand named after him.

>Wolverhampton is a nice city

hahahahahh AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HA
]HAHAHAAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

CHRIST

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH@!!!!!!!!!!

But what is that, a window? What is going on I mean?

What is the Wolverhampton US equivalent? Detroit? Cleveland?

come on me babbies

It's twinned with Buffalo but trust me, it's shite.

Our Detroit in a literal sense is Coventry but there are worse places in the UK than Cov.

Where were you lot last season?

season ticket holder for the last 8 years mush

The south and west are a "nice city". The north and east are shit.

mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/alternative-premier-league-table-leeds-3029399

"This week's alternative table is based on the most popular teams in the UK when it comes to merchandise sales, the information has been compiled by Amazon.co.uk, and the results throw up a few surprises.

A number of clubs outside of the Premier League are far more popular than some of the top-flight's biggest sides.

Perhaps most noteworthy is Leeds United's standing above Manchester City AND Newcastle United. "

From a 2014 article. I saw some article not too long ago about the top 10 most visited football club websites (inlcuding PL clubs) and Leeds was in there too.

Our away attendance isn't beat by many, and with regards to our home attendance people have gradually got fed up of playing the likes of Brentford and Wigan when we used to play weekly against massive clubs. If we're playing a game somewhat exciting (Huddersfield, Newcastle...that's basically it this season) you won't find a bigger attendance in the football league. Also we get shafted by 12:15 kickoffs and Sunday matches all the time because Sky always want to show Leeds on the telly because it attracts the biggest audience out of all the football league clubs.

So yeah, Leeds are bigger than Wolverhampton Wanderers, for fuck sake.

You sound a bit mad. Enjoy your shady Italo chairman.

So how many managers will Leeds have this season?

Any proper football fan would be mad when the top league consists of shit tier clubs like Swansea, Bournemouth, West Brom and Watford. All they do is make the fixture list dull. Would be far better with traditionally big clubs such as Leeds, Forest, both Sheffield clubs, Derby etc.

But as your whole football league is based on franchise clubs and childish team names I wouldn't expect you to understand.

West Brom is their main rivals m9.

The Bongs like to the matches between those two clubs "The Black Country Derby" , I kid you not.

>b-but your MLS
>y-you amerifat

Cute. It's going to be fun when Wolves get promoted this season and Leeds once again are mired in mediocrity.

Yeah, that's what the area is called, hence the name.

>It's going to be fun when the premier league gets another boring club with mega rich owners this is so good for football

Not an argument

literally who

This is correct

It's my favorite club getting the mega rich owners, so yes, this is good.

Man U could've bought Wolves and just destroyed the club

>Shirt sales, merch, and image rights will make more for United than Wolves will make in profit for the next 10 years combined regardless of how he performs on the pitch