What makes Tupac so good at what he does...

What makes Tupac so good at what he does? Nothing in Gangsta Rap can compare to him which is sad seeing as he's been dead for nearly two decades now

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lTurfn7vvCk
youtu.be/9DBAcZpY90k
youtube.com/watch?v=YqJAnQTwmJs
youtu.be/q8tSTCoIVZg
youtube.com/watch?v=mhdOHwdjhKs
youtube.com/watch?v=inScRdppRpc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hip_hop#Commercialization
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He was a poncy little artist pretending to be a big hard man, not the other way round. Same goes for Ice Cube and Dre.

only reason he's still famous is bc of the murder

Dre being a studio gangster has been old news since Eazy called him out for it. But what makes you say that about Tupac and Ice Cube?

Not the guy you responded to but Cube was a regular college student before NWA and Tupac was a nerdy dancer before he blew up.

2pac was the only rapper that was a musician that's why he's good

>if you disagree name another who could actually play guitar and wasn't a fuck up at it

his feminine side added depth to his rap game.

>his feminine side
Genuinely interested in this. I understand where your coming from ("Keep ya head up" etc) but I wouldn't have ever called it feminine.

youtube.com/watch?v=lTurfn7vvCk

>a nerdy dancer

I don't have a musical example but look at how feminine his voice/mannerisms are in this deposition video. I honestly think he was bisexual, if not straight up gay.

youtu.be/9DBAcZpY90k

he's trying to be a nice guy for the court, this doesn't really seem feminine to me

>straight up gay
youtube.com/watch?v=YqJAnQTwmJs

straight up gay

lmfao

The whole "2pac was bisexual" meme has been around a long time within the black/rap community. I'm not going to get into it all but just google it and you'll find people discussing the matter. I mean keep in mind that he was a ballet dancer at Baltimore School of the Arts. Speaking from personal experience, the VAST majority of men who do ballet are gay/bi. Dre might also be gay too (both Suge and Eazy claimed he was.) There is a TON of undercover gay stuff going down in hip hop in general, tbqh. At least one, if not a few prominent west cost rappers from that era were on some down low shit.
youtu.be/q8tSTCoIVZg

2pac was never a ballet dancer though. He entered the BSA because of his rhyme poetry, Ballet classes may have been part of the curriculum but that doesn't make 2pac a ballet dancer.

any other rappers out here ballet dancing

Playing guitar is the objective measurement of when an artist is an actual musician. Alright then

He wasn't a professional ballet dancer but he has mentioned taking ballet in school and he started out as a backup dancer for the Digital Underground. I assume that he must have been a fairly skilled dancer who enjoyed dance to get that job.

It was his message that made him big. He just happened to be one of the few rappers who got the most popularity.

If you want a rapper with actual skill hit up Biggy, his flow and rhymes are probably the best to ever come out of rap.

He was big because his voice hit the snare drum at the right time. He emphasized on the snare. Shit lodges itself in your brain

he was literally the Oasis of hip hop

tupac and biggie are normie tier, i dont get how they were considered the greatest. Biggie was nice but pac was mediocre at best. theres hundreds of rappers that are better and more unique and spit better.

kool keith?DOOM? Rakim?

i can go on

NO SOUL

I kinda like Cube for still attending school whilst trying to survive South LA. Now, he's a family man. It's kinda cool.

>What makes Tupac so good at what he does?
Nothing
Pac isn't good
You just fell for the backpack meme, user

He was big because he was a lyrical prophet and Jonathan Swift-tier social critic. It blows my mind that some people may ironically not be intelligent enough for the rebellious african poetry of Tupac Shakur.
youtube.com/watch?v=mhdOHwdjhKs

That's because gangster rap is shit.

This. It's modern-day blackface and coonery.

Gangsta rap is not really "black", because if you look at that time period, white males are the biggest consumers and jew execs started pushing that harder and aiming for that demographic. This has ended up skewing all of rap and hip hop culture and blacks for the worse.

youtube.com/watch?v=inScRdppRpc

>Doom

t. white hipster

>good at what he does

good at what he did...he doesn't do it anymore.

I'm ok with rappers like Tupac because I feel like the east coast/west coast fued era was the last era in which gangster rap could legitimately be called an honest representation of the urban black experience. You have to keep in mind, this was a time period in which authenticity mattered and fake gangsters who attemped to do gangster rap would be harshly rebuked. As a result of this, the gangster rap of this era was a much more nuanced and realistc portrayal of "thug" life. I agree with you in regards to the vast majority of gangster rap after this era though.

xD

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hip_hop#Commercialization

>In the early-mid 1980s, there was no hip hop industry as it was today. Politicians and businessman maligned and ignored the hip hop movement. However, in the late 1980s, music industry executives realized that they could capitalize on the success of "gangsta rap." They made a formula that created "a titillating buffet of hypermasculinity and glorified violence." This type of rap was marketed to the new fanbase: white males. They ignored the depictions of a harsh reality to focus on the sex and violence involved

>The commercialization of the genre has in turn stripped it of its earlier political nature and the politics of major record labels have forced rappers to craft their music and images to appeal to white, affluent and suburban audiences.

dint read xP

he's the polar opposite of fagye