ITT: Underrated players now and all time

ITT: Underrated players now and all time

I'll start with based Kluivert.

LvG rated him

saviola

He had a better career for Madrid than Zidane and is one of the GOAT big game players.

Argies and Real fans love him

He's been one of the best defensive midfielders of all times

More like overrated, especially by Brazillians. Van Basten was far better than him.

Great player. Horrible to see go down like that in Milan. All those injuries. By the same token I hate how he could have help Argentina win one in '98 if he wasn't a rebel about the hair code.

yes i know people rated him, just not enough

Best France player in the WC '98, great in the WC '06 (MOTM against Portugal in the Semis), better than Cannavaro throughout his career.

The guy is a top 10 defender all time and on par with Maldini but never gets mentioned on that level.

Based Thuram.

ITT: Meme player

>this flag
>this topic
Don't you have some shoes to manufacture, Mohammud?

Ashley Williams
Marc Overmars
And for sp David Beckham who is unironically England's best midfielder since the 70s
Baggio is also kinda underrated. Better than Zidane.

Yashin
Del Pierro
Davids
Alexis sanchez
Lloris
Willian
Bale
Pogba

Patrician post.

Yeah, Beckham is extremely underrated cause of his brand. He was unironically Man Utd 2nd best player after Keane in the treble winning season and he always showed up in big games.

prime versus prime, Beckham was certainly better than the invonsistent Giggs.

Baggio > Zidane, agreed. Baggio's WC '94 is far better than either of Zidane's iconic WC performances.

People only remembering him miss a penalty is the greatest injustice in the history of sport.
I would say Baggio's 94 WC is the greatest individual display in a WC even more than Pelé and Maradonna.

>Javier Zanetti
>Ze Roberto
>Xabi Alonso
>Alvaro Recoba
>Matt Le Tissier
>Andriy Shevchenko
>Klaas Huntelaar

>either of Zidane's iconic WC performances.
That's also because he barely did anything in 1998 before the final.

>an American talking sense about football

damn

fantastic dm

the GOAT defender

scousers out

gerd müller
i very rarely see him in Sup Forums goat threads. magnificent playa

Muller is definition unfashionable. I have legit no idea why.

He was a striker who scored goals, not a playmaker. This is why Beckenbauer is our GOAT, not Müller.

no

To be fair he was pretty good against Italy in the QF but agreed, same goes for WC '06 actually.

Poor in the group stages with France drawing both games. Zidane gets suspended for 2 yellows and France then win WITHOUT him against Togo 2-0 to qualify from the group stages.

Overall Zidane had two great games (Brazil, '98/06) two good games (Italy '98/Spain '06) and the rest he was either average/poor (Croatia '98, Portugal/Italy '06) suspended for being a cunt in which France won all 3 games (Denmark/Paraguay '98, Togo '06)

Incredibly overhyped World Cup career by an incredibly overrated player.

He was p. good in the Euros at least.

Yeah his Euro 2000 is his only great tournament but its quite funny how underwhelming he was in the finals against Italy since his fans love to hype him up as this all time great big game performer. Wonder how his reputation would be if Del Piero didn't choke and Toldo didn't fuck up on that Wiltord equalizing goal in the '94th min of the game.

Then again, no one mentions his shitty CL finals for Juve in '97 and '98 so it probably would just be coveniently never mentioned.

>my Dad always prefered Englel to Poland, because commuism was worst thing ever
>he developed his love because of successes of Leeds, Liverpool etc.
>I also started loving english teams and NT
>always root for english teams during EL or CL, watch only PL

however, I still root my NT contrary to him.

Diego Milito