I recently listened to ICP for the first time since I as 14...

I recently listened to ICP for the first time since I as 14, and I realized that this is one of the best produced hip hop albums of the 90's. It's so depressing to see how they ended up.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bg0Ioxhk5yk
youtu.be/6vBczIArqZM
youtu.be/CEYuACictoU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

halls of illusions is a really fucking catchy song desu

Will i enjoy the rest of the album if i like that song?

Definitely. It's mostly made up of that rap-metal style and more funky west coast beats.

UK albums 1997....

OK Computer
Be Here Now
Fat of the Land
Dig Your Own Hole
Urban Hymns

US Albums 1997...

Nimrod
The Great Milenko
Dude Ranch
Ixnay on the Hombre
Around the Fur

The Amazing Jeckel Brothers [Island, 1999]

Refreshing for white guys, especially white guys as dumb as these two, to complain about the slave owner on the dollar bill--simpleminded, but an act of cultural nonconformity nonetheless. Cool to give away a special-offer CD where you rap over stolen gangsta tracks, too. But when a real gangsta's bitch fucks his homey he kills everybody in sight. These kiss-offs just kill the girl, every chance they get. And though they claim clown, they rarely get funnier than "I'd cut my head off but then I would be dead," and that on the cut everybody uses to prove how dumb they are. Personally, I think saying fuck 93 times in one song is a riot. Tell Fatboy Slim the news. C+

That was their last decent album. It was just edgy pop with a few good hype songs, really doesn't compare to their earlier work.

Even when Christgau is right, he makes me cringe

Tunnel of Love is GOAT though

us > uk

how hasn't horrorcore caught onto post hop yet?
isn't shit like CLPPNG and Shabazz Palaces the ideal sound for a subgenre that's supposed to be creepy?

we have lil ugly many i guess
shabazz palaces doesn't sound horrific, tho, they sound spiritual

Because the genre is made up of old washed up folks from the 90s and white trash teenagers trying to imitate them. It's all been complete shit since the early 2000's.

Juggalos are dumb
in a lot of cases ICP is the only rap they like and then the rest of their music is nu metal and mallcore

OH SHIT.
I'll take Fat Of The Land and Around The Fur and fuck off.

The last rapper on this is actually decent (starts at 6:31)
youtube.com/watch?v=bg0Ioxhk5yk

There is a lot of Memphis rap influenced stuff like Evil Pimp.

HOCUS POCUS CHOKUS RIDE

>the guy at 2:52
fastest my hatred level ever rocketed to 100%

Yeah. He comes after the last rapper too. Just to confirm juggalos are still fucking corny.

This is exactly what I hate about how the whole genre became. It was supposed to be a parody of the hard gangster rap of the 90s. It wasn't supposed to be cool, it was supposed to be ridiculous, over the top, and fun. It was good when it was unique and had its own style of production. When they try to imitate modern rap, it's just the most abhorrent garbage ever and it gives so many people the wrong impression of what ICP and Twiztid once were.

mfw grew up around juggalos in Colorado

went to hatchet attacks and the gathering

It's still a pretty popular style here but i grew out of it

youtu.be/6vBczIArqZM

youtu.be/CEYuACictoU