How can we organize something like this again? But only this time, it will be for hip-hop "music"

How can we organize something like this again? But only this time, it will be for hip-hop "music".

We need to set up a rock dominance once more.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_music#2000s.E2.80.93present
invisibleoranges.com/the-10-heaviest-modern-bands-without-guitars/
reddit.com/r/Bass/comments/2ce09f/i_made_a_comprehensive_guide_to_bassdrums_power/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Do it for /bleep/ shit too

Do it for anything that isn't ITAOTS desu.

I love to eat dog shit :)

Underground disco was good and highly influential though.

Objectively the most autistic moment in the history of popular music.

Is there are more boring and stagnant genre than rock music right now? That shit should've seriously died in the 80s.

>rock dominance
kek
how delusional are you

>WERE GONNA RESTORE THE FEELING MAAAN
lol no you aren't gramps

Amen OP we need more heroes like Daft Punk

t. whities

Where else does rock even go, man? It's all just retreads of former trends. Much as I hate to say it, the only place where real innovation is taking place is in hip-hop, R&B and electronic music.

What's funny is that this thread is reflective of the pervasive unoriginality which exists in rock music. Notice how OP doesn't have any new ideas and just wants to rehash a cultural event from the past in the hopes of recreating some of the magic from that event? Rock and roll in a nutshell.

'member rock n roll?

>implying rap is good
AHAHAHAHAHAHAH
top KEK my friend
you must be a PLEB
me? I'm a PATRICIAN
I listen to- write that down it'll be on your test - EXPERIMENTAL FOLK
that's right
I BET you never even heard of ANIMAL COLLECTIVE
they are so avant garde
your little mind would never get it
now get out of my board, PLEB

I agree that rock is dead but there's no innovation in rap music. It's been variations of the same handful of trap beats for years now and it's more popular than ever. The only people trying new things are underground artists, usually with grotesque results (which can also be said for rock music)

but disco sucks had no adverse effect and disco is still being produced

Sunday Night Football
Let's all buy tickets to a game and smash a bunch of Jiggaboo Jam CD's at halftime in the name of Trump.

>In the name of Trump

>disco sucks had no adverse effect
you're starting to go senile, turny

Why would you want to re-do something that was complete failure in the first place?

If it worked as planned, house would never have happened and dance music wouldn't have made guitar music irrelevant by the early 90s except for mopey Yanks in flannel

culture will never be monolithic again.

we can only hope

disco is dead faggot

genres don't die

see

It went underground and has been more vibrant than rock since. Also in Europe disco remained popular, see the Italo Disco scene.

Let me guess: you're upset about all the hippy hoppy black arists on the year end lists. Now you're going to take an event you don't remember because you weren't alive and recontextualize it as some sort of parallell between whats happening now with black/SJW music. I bet you were reading about it and thought, "Hey! Look at that! Those BASED rock fans went and TOTALLY fucked up the system back then!!! They put an end to all the bullshit dance garbage! And we're going to do the same!"

Stop romanticizing something that never happened in the first place.

>these are the type of nu-males posting on Sup Forums right now

Lord almighty it's worse than I thought. We need Disco Demolition Night 2.0 more than ever

>more vibrant than rock since
Yet rock is currently underground and more vibrant than it has been in years.

Has it? It seems just like a bunch of rehashing. What are some innovative new bands?

>It seems just like a bunch of rehashing
How so?

The only thing we need is for you take your guitar and shove it up your ass. Preferably why you watch me pop shots on your dad's dick with my gaping hole.

Rather than demolish the other why can't you create what you want? Start a band or smth

>It seems just like a bunch of rehashing
you mean you don't see any innovations in a genre you don't care about?
you don't say!
(I also don't follow rock so keep you strawman quiet)

this is fucking gold

not seeing any band names.

I'm not that guy you moron
read my last sentence
I'm still right
You're ignorant about rock music
Deal with it

38 / 4 / 20 / 1

yes you are. Nice try.

the following posts were made by me
Now, you can either be a grown up and admit you are ignorant about something or keep being a buttmad little baby

>Eugggggh you listen to rock in 2016? Racist sexist scumbag. Check out this new Lil Thug tape, this is real music.

Im not that guy you moron. Just shitposting.

>wtf disco is so hot right now check out the ITALO DISCO scene (nevermind it exists since the 70's)
>rock is so irrelevant, you don;t even listen to it on the radio!
>you are a moron for not knowing about disco! (never mind I can't name 3 rock bands form this century)
>sooooo many disco festivals in europe, but rock is only for festivals junkies

interesting to think of musics ties to the socio-political. disco was an outlet for queer people and poc who were largely excluded from the overtly masculine, straight, white rock archetype. we can trace a cultural shift through the popular and underground music through time.

rock and disco are both dead. but thats the thing... disco is only gone in that it evolved turned into house, techno, hip-hop, r n' b its moved forward. rock has been stagnant and i think stems from its conservativism... rock music is inherently not forward thinking and rooted in old ways. disco was born out of creativity and pushing against societal norms, it was creative to evolve and move forward culture and it has done just that....

>disco is only gone in that it evolved turned into house, techno, hip-hop, r n' b its moved forward. rock has been stagnant and i think stems from its conservativism
It too evolved into many subgenres. Do you think all rock just sounds like AC/DC or something?

what punk, metal, indie? im cringing

Are you the same guy from that one thread a couple days ago lmao

what house, techno, hip-hop? im cringing
Not sure. What thread?

this

That's not a few days ago...

Ok sorry, yesterday. But that you were in that right?

fucking rockfags i swear

Yep that's me.

And it's true. Music evolves. Both rock and electronic. It's really narrow-sighted to believe only one of those continues to evolve and the other doesn't.

>rap
>innovative

i have yet to see a single person back this claim up even one time

>It's all just bleep bloops.
>If [dance music] has been around since the 70s, it's outdated
>Do you think all rock just sounds like AC/DC?
>There are many new subgenres of rock music being created
>Electronic "music" has been around since the 70s, so it is outdated. There have been no legitimate subgenres to emerge since then because it's all just bleep bloops anyway. Rock music on the otherhand is still fresh and evolving.

oh lawdy

Because you don't like rap music. No claim anyone makes is going to change your opinion.

Why are you ignoring the idiots who think all rock is just twing twang?

rock = bad or good? discuss.

electonic music = bad or good? discuss.

Yes, but the rate of evolution of rock music has slowed down dramatically in the past 30 years, whereas, for electronic music, it has rapidly accelerated in the past 30 years. That has more to do with shifts in widespread popularity and the number of people creating both styles of music changing over time.

rock hasnt thats the thing. rock is fundementally built upon a foundation of constraints that calls for conservativism. and is rooted in a socio-political veil of mainstream visibility of culture (ie. the white cis male.) how can it be sonically viable as forward thinking or evolving when it is rooted in an identity maintaining the status quo

>Yes, but the rate of evolution of rock music has slowed down dramatically in the past 30 years, whereas, for electronic music, it has rapidly accelerated in the past 30 years. That has more to do with shifts in widespread popularity and the number of people creating both styles of music changing over time.
Could it also do with the overzealous and superfluous categorization of electronic subgenres to make it seem like it's evolving more than it actually is?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_music#2000s.E2.80.93present

Nice try.

i think the problem with rock is it's quite limited in some ways
you can make a million different kinds of rock music, but the instrumentation is always roughly the same
there will always be a place for it but the capacity for innovation isn't as great as it is for some other genres, and you shouldn't expect it to be
it's unreasonable to hold it to the same standards as say, dance music
it is what it is, take it or leave it
like classical music, or any genre with fixed defined instrumentation, it had it's day, and now we can enjoy it as a curiosity

>hip hop and electronic music
>and

Because I don't think anybody seriously believes that, while prejudice against anything "electronic" being not real music is something that a lot of ignorant people even on this board, but especially on other parts of Sup Forums and the internet still believe.

Both are good but certainly have bad genres/artists/music that fall under their respective category.

>Could it also do with the overzealous and superfluous categorization of electronic subgenres to make it seem like it's evolving more than it actually is?

lol

maybe i don't like it because its awful. the highest highs that rap has ever achieved are all still a joke to what has been done in jazz, rock, and electronic music. even top 40 type pop records have done things that rap is yet to accomplish. the most seminal works in rap music are of the quality of 7/10 records in other genes of popular music. one day you will grow up and stop defending everything based on "muh relativism" and accept that rap is probably the most overrated genre of popular music to ever reach mainstream audiences.

Think of it like "Rock and metal", obviously both are just 'rock music', but there's a distinction to be made between them.

>you can make a million different kinds of rock music, but the instrumentation is always roughly the same
Incorrect. You can add or subtract whatever instrument you want to it. It's literally a plastic umbrella genre.
>Because I don't think anybody seriously believes that, while prejudice against anything "electronic" being not real music is something that a lot of ignorant people even on this board, but especially on other parts of Sup Forums and the internet still believe.
Oh selective reasoning? Nice.

I've met more people who believe "it's all twing twang" than "it's all pleeb bloop"
Gonna post the electronic one?

could you make rock without guitars?

disco derivitives = sjw cuck music

Yes

Google is your friend
invisibleoranges.com/the-10-heaviest-modern-bands-without-guitars/

There's many results.

>Gonna post the electronic one?

Still less and its 80 years of music

ok buddy

wtf i love rock music now

Now you're just pretending

You're right, its older but electronic music being recorded started 80 years ago

All good Rock and Metal Music was born from White European culture. We need to bring back real rock, real punk and real metal. No numale indie garbage or pop either. We need unapologetic alpha male music. Rock Against Communism. Music that Kills the Numale.

great, more manchildren, just what we need

wow either noise (electronic art music derivitives)
or rock bands with distorted string instruments that are something other than a guitar! rock is so open to variances!

lol why is clipping here

>like classical music, or any genre with fixed defined instrumentation, it had it's day, and now we can enjoy it as a curiosity

>heaviest-modern-bands
>wow either noise (electronic art music derivitives) or rock bands with distorted string instruments that are something other than a guitar! rock is so open to variances!
WOW WHOD HAVE THOUGHT

>''electronic''
>98 for all

>rock
>98 @ only Italian Occult psychedelica

lol

What's Tim Buckley staring at?

the fool

reddit.com/r/Bass/comments/2ce09f/i_made_a_comprehensive_guide_to_bassdrums_power/

>inb4 >reddit

Okay but none of that pussy ass pop punk shit that all the teenage girls call punk metal.

Trufacts:

1. Rock is almost completely dead right now, both innovation-wise and popularity-wise. Some innovative/worthwhile stuff comes out but not by the margins that it was innovative 20 years ago. Popularity almost cannot be controlled by artists and there is nothing they can do anymore

2. Hip-hop has suffered even worse innovation problems through it's lifetime than rock music. A very few key releases are considered innovative or experimental, and even these are often peppered with non-innovative filler. There is also a larger problem with crying wolf concerning innovation or experimentation. The claim is often false, and there are innumerable records that will have 2 tracks that deviate from formalism, with 8 to 13 run-of-the-mill tracks filling out the rest of it.

3. Never, ever has truly innovative stuff been predominantly popular at the time. Sheer popularity is virtually picked out by the industry. For instance, Blackstar (a rock-ish album) and TPAB and Atrocity Exhibition (hip-hop albums) are all incredibly mediocre, even within their own genres. Hilarious that all of them are regarded as AOTY contenders within their year of release.

if you think this you don't listen to enough hip-hop

Yes reddit no one cares about your link fucking pleb stay there

Talking Heads were called "Disco music" in Texas because some people thought their music was gay

One of the ways the South has always been stupid

post punk and indie are numale genres, based on taking the masculinity out of rock music, so maybe the Texans were right after all

ebin

OK then
DFA1979 - Dance punk, very abrasive and synthy
Lightning Bolt - noise punk, very chaotic and LOUD
Silent Lions - "Chill punk" (as described by the band), Hall & Oates stoner rock, very groovy yet raucous, know the bassist personally and is very chill
Royal Blood - Alternative rock, classic blues-tinged rock, Page loves them (yes, THE Jimmy Page)
Om - Rhythm section of Sleep + a [mediocre] singer, still doomy as all hell
Bangladeafy! - Primus meets The Fall of Troy, great math rock, groovy as hell when it needs to be
The Garden - Post-punk, two androgynous twin brothers making quirky tunes
Ruins - Japanese math rock, still getting into them but liked what I've heard, kinda esoteric at times
Whitey Houston - Mean punk rock, tongue-in-cheek social commentary, great groovin' riffs
godheadSilo - Noise rock tinged with post-rock, kinda wandering at times, but great riffage
Disciplina Kicme - Only heard one song off of the album, but it's also noisy and nice
Planets - Mathier than Bangladeafy! rock, very solid
HighKicks - Bass Black Keys with a better singer and rhythm section, classic vibe and FUZZ BASS
Big Business - Not a duo anymore, and there is some guitar added on the album, but were originally just bass + drums, stoner rock heavy-hitters
Geryon - Death metal, pretty sludgy but good riffage
Ninja Academy - Math rock with occasional guest musicians.
Sabot - Math prog with a Ruins influence.
El Ten Eleven - Dance rock with mathy elements, bass player often uses a double neck bass/guitar, but sometimes just bass like in this song.
Cause for Effect - Jazzgrind. Either you dig it or you don't.

There's more.

>THE Jimmy Page

I don't care