RIP in peace totaalvoetbal

Is the golden age of Dutch football over?

depends if its the world cup or the euros

it's been over for 40 years, but they never fail to make competitions entertaining one way or another when they qualify, plus their logo is cool

we had another golden age in the 90s

I don't know mate, they had Robben, van Persie, Steklenberg, Sneijder, and a bunch of other guys. Spain deserved the World Cup, but if not for them, the Dutch would have won.

Literally the Buffalo Bills of WC

over for now yes

and does totaalvoetbal still work in this day and age? what are you gonna do when every team plays defensively and hopes for a counter goal?

2 golden age (70's and 90's) with very good 80's and 2000's teams.

Now your FA is rock bottom and in shambles

Lose to Spain in the finals

Fucking awful game

>3rd place in 2014
mate
Depends on the adaptability of the team, really.

true that

Tbf spain won every 2010 wc game except 1 with 1-0. They did the same thing over and over. Dive, put pressure on the ref who then buckles and gives a red card near the end of the game. Score against 10 men. Rinse and repeat.

Only difference is the dutchies actually deserved the cards for all that karate footy.

I don't know how dejong got away with that kick straight to the chest with only a yellow. That was brutal and deliberate, and also still funny.

I was in the closest Dutch city (Maastricht) watching the game. There were like 60k people where i was, tv's everywhere. I will never forget the moment de jong goes all bruce lee, and the crowd became silent, fearful for a red. Then you could see a close up of a yellow card in the ref's hand on every single tv AND the big screen. Everybody started cheering, hilarious desu because that was a straight red

We were shit in the 80s too, but unironically won our only prize during that period

Thing is, we don't need a good team to perform well, as seen in 2014 when we became 3rd with nothing but Eredivisie shitters and a 50 year old man outrunning everyone

Robben is 31 mate, but he looks 50.

And the Everdivisie isn't shit. Granted it's not great, but Ajax and PSZ are competitive in the Champions League every year.

>Everybody started cheering

if only they knew

Netherlands uefa coefficient is below such great countires such as Turkey, Ukraine, Belgium, Switzerland, and the Czech Republic.
Netherlands really don't have a new generation like they had before.
robben is extraordinarily old, van persie is mediocre. no more superstars.

>finished third and second at the last two world cups
>waaah the sky is falling

but they didn't quality to the euros and lost twice to a part time dentist dear frogposter

Euros sucked this year because the Dutch weren't in. Search your heart, you know this to be true.

Flukes.

glad their black team will never ever win anything

Le cut inside man still alive

>losing twice to the same opponent
>flukes

don't worry lads
we'll be back to almost winning form soon enough

dont expect much from us the next few tournaments

Who cares? We /f1/ now

they haven't played total football for ages

the netherlands also failed to qualify for the world cup in 2002

>Germany 1st, 3rd, 3rd, 2nd
It's not fucking fair.

It's not that cool

i dunno man lions are pretty cool

It never started

The lions could win if they attack at night.

>thinking we still play totaalvoetbal

lmao, last time we actually played it was in the 90s with players as Bergkamp. We have been playing murderball since 2010.

Am I the only one who remembers Italy getting btfo by swamp Nether Lads in the group stage? 2008 I think it was?

Also, dat Czech-Netherlands match in '04
This

>Am I the only one who remembers Italy getting btfo by swamp Nether Lads in the group stage? 2008 I think it was?

yeah that was some good stuff. we beat both the world cup finalists from 2006 convincingly (3-0 against Italy, 4-1 against France) and then choked in the first knock out stage against Russia

that 2008 team was fucking amazing
>LCIM, van Persie and van Nistelrooy in the same team

I still don't understand how they lost to fucking russia of all teams

van basten is not a great coach and we were also fielding players like orlando engelaar and khalid boulahrouz

Dear France,

I, The Netherlands also known as sideways France. Request to import all africans/south americans to make us great again.

Kind regards,

Vuvuzela-maester

>hating on based boulahrouz
literally the only good defender we've had since jaap stam

But our team is already full of Africans.

That team was carried by a GOAT attack but had quite a mediocre defence. We took advantage of the fact that both Italy and France were aging as hell in that year, but it already became clear in the third match against Romania that we were definitely not unbeatable. Russia had based Hiddink as their coach, who exactly knew those weaknesses of the dutch team, while he also had the luck that Arsjavin literally played against us the match that gave him his career, money and probably his wife

Fucking kek