Other urls found in this thread:

baseball-almanac.com/hitting/hihr3.shtml
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half_court
youtube.com/watch?v=_-4xZkja634
youtube.com/watch?v=KO6rRnCbtvQ
youtube.com/watch?v=WliM1w1MWDk
diamondkinetics.com/dispelling-the-mystery-of-pitch-speed/
youtube.com/watch?v=s50K65PNeBU
sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/charles-barkley-adds-baseball-swing-to-personal-blooper-reel-221513856.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

hitting a home run and its not even close

>Making a goal in a shootout
What did he meant by this?

why do girls always have moles

Men do too, you know. Granted, with all the refugees over there, it can be hard to see them, but they have them.

Since the champions league final, these are the players that have missed a penalty

>Messi
>Cristiano Ronaldo
>Griezmann
>Pelle
>Zaza
>Schweinsteiger
>Mueller
>Oezill
>Darmian

obviously making a penalty is the hardest

Home run

1. Hitting a home run (if it's off a major league pitcher)
2. Half Court shot (if it's within final couple of seconds of half and it's a quick throw up)
3. Goal in shootout
4. Running ball into the endzone 2 yds out

power gap

5. Half court shot if you have time to set and it's just a fun little attempt

power gap

6. hitting a homerun off your buddies from work at the local park

NHL has shootout if tied after an OT period in the regular season.

I think it is stupid.

All of these have so many variables

Homerun, much easier for certain guys and certain guys swing for the fences each time and strike out more to achieve them. Then you need to factor in the pitcher

Goalline: How good is the opposing Dline, how good is your oline?

Half court shot: Is this luck or trained skill, if luck plays such a large role how hard is it in reality?

Goal in shootout:higher pressure and depends on goalie.

Honestly I think the roles reversed for pitching and goalies are much more difficult.

Making a goal in a 'shootout' is 33% likely if you pick a direction. Don't even need strong leg.

Hitting a half court shot takes practice. How many times does Sportscenter feature a half court shot from Main Street High School in Little Rock Arkansas?

Running into the end zone from 2 yards out. With a good o-line, and babby could do it.

Hitting a HR requires strength and coordination. Arguably the hardest of all 4

just making contact with a major league fastball is harder than any of those except the homer obv

Homerun

he was talking about hockey shootouts you fucking mexicunts.

hitting a half court shot is the only one of those options where you could have the easiest possible situation and still fuck up most of the time

so half court shot is the hardest

Hitting a home run obviously

Any of us could hit a half court shot at some point in our lives. None of us would be able to hit a home run in a major league ballpark.

Holy fuck she is perfect

If I gave you 100 shots you'd probably make a half court shot

If I gave you 100 pitches you wouldn't hit the ball 250 feet

Are you serious? I hit 250 feet when I was 12.

>hitting a home run
>hard

literally happens like 3000x a season

In a professional setting as in your playing against an MLB pitcher or an NHL goalie it would go like this

1. Home run
Powergap
2. Shootout goal
3. Half court shot
4. Halfback dive

I'm sure, Flex.
Going yard err day

0/10

Gigi does wonders to my dick

this thread is about how difficult it would be for the average person off the street

An issue with Op's question is how vague it actually is.

Who is it hardest for? The athletes participating in the sport or ordinary people.

If we are talking ordinary people if they were to attempt, then yeah homerun, since you need to make contact on a major league pitch and then the strength to knock it out.

If we're talking pros in every sport attempting their feat, it would more than likely be basketball just because of the lower rate of it occurring.

No one cares about that gay sport

we're all up in this bitch now and talking about football

No way, basketball would still be easiest/easier.
There is players in the MLB with 400 at bats and 8 homeruns

Fuck off with your dive grass you fucking fairy Muslim faggot.
We don't give a shit about which metrosexual has the wackiest hair

this

go back to your 11 minutes of action kid

Bretty accurate

Last year chris davis hit 47 HR's at 573 at bats, that comes to 1 in 12

>During Jason Kidd's career, he has made 4 of 44 (roughly 10%) from beyond half-court.

So that's 1 in 11, hmmm both appear to be even number wise for high performers.

Looking at numbers deeper, I now agree on home runs.

Greats are at 6% freaks/cheats at top3 7+%.

Only nba stats I could find.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half_court
2014 13fgm 331fga 3.927%

If practiced by someone like a curry, I could see it being a 30%+ stat.

This

Hitting a hole in one.

more gigi lads

who is this cutie pie?

Playing against/with professionals? Home run, easy.

Yeah, this.

You are given a choice of two options to win a million dollars.

>Hit a homerun from 100 pitches from Clayton Kershaw

>Score a point against LeBron in a game to 21

What do.

Gigi Hadid

Home run, but it depends on a lot of things. Are you a moderately fit person who can properly swing a bat? Is the ball being thrown at you by a MLB pitcher in a game, a pitching machine, or a pitching coach? if it's in a real major-league game, then it's by far the hardest

>2-yard rush TD
are you fucking serious. anyone who has instincts, speed and a line that can make an opening can do that

>scoring in a shootout
If you mean hockey, then very hard. If you mean soccer, not that hard.

>half-court shot
same as a free throw or straight-on 2-point shot, except more strength is required

>hole in one
I'll raise you a double eagle.
Scratch that, hole in one on a par 5.

basketball even though I suck at it. unless Kersh is giving me eephus pitches and knuckleballs the entire time, there's no way I could even see his pitches coming.

I'm assuming we're talking about the average guy off the street?

1. Hitting a homerun off major league pitching would be by far the hardest. The average guy likely lacks the power to even get the ball out of the infield, much less having 20/10 vision and the necessary handeye coordination to even make contact.

Check out how an average guy can't even CATCH a major league level fastball.

youtube.com/watch?v=_-4xZkja634

2. 2 yard run. Might take the average joe 100 attempts, but he would eventually get a big enough hole to score.

3. (I'm assuming soccer shootout). Probably take over 50 attempts to beat a pro keeper, but he would eventually luck out.

4. Half court shot. Average joes make these all the time during half time of NBA games.

If the shootout is a hockey shootout, I'd rank it on the same level as hitting a homer. Average guy likely can't ice skate,

/thread

It's not hard to hit a homerun if it's a pick up game and the guy is just lobbing pitches in there. Also, little leaguers can hit the ball 250 feet.

Homerun off of Clayton Kershaw as long as it's in Yankee Stadium or Fenway Park.

You underestimate just how bad the average joe off the street is at baseball. Here's some of Sup Forums's best giving it a shot.

youtube.com/watch?v=KO6rRnCbtvQ

Is it make it take it 21?

those are sunspots you goofball

You're right. I haven't played competitive baseball in years but I still think I could hit a homerun as long as I hit the batting cages a few times.

>swing 4 times
>chuck 4 times

Ill take the chuck

Off of a professional hitter? No you tardnugget, just no.

>I still think I could hit a homerun as long as I hit the batting cages a few thousand times.
ftfy
the only way it's happening is if you're playing them in a local slow-pitch softball league or something

>hitter

You mean pitcher? If he's just leaving fastball down the middle, I could. Not if he's actually pitching though.

I'm not saying I would take a nasty slider or a sinker or breaking pitch and launch it 400 feet. I'm saying I could time a fastball right down the middle and pull it and hit it 330 feet.

good luck with the approximately three-tenths of a second you have to do it, familypai

Sounds like you got some skills.

What's the highest level you played?

Babe Ruth

16-18?

Pretty good.

I played varsity baseball in high school for 3 years. JV as a freshman. Little League before that.

Statistically homerum and half court shot are pretty close, but I think if a guy goes 1/10 for homeruns per at bat in the majors, he's doing extremely well. I'd be willing to bet most nba players could hit 10% of their shots from half court, its just no one except steph really tries that shit regularly.

Id say hitting a homerun is the hardest single act in professional sports.

0% on both.

If it's winner's ball on 21, I ain't stopping Lebron.

Loser's ball, I might have a chance, but I think Lebron would just crowd me and reject everything I shot. No way could I beat him off the dribble, so he would have no reason to give me space.

I don't even make contact on one Kershaw's pitches.

I would literally lob the basketball as high as I could and hope it makes it in, I get like 7 chances at least. I literally wouldn't be able to see any of Kershaw's pitches except maybe the curve.

Either way Im probably going to lose, but I played baseball at way higher of a level than basketball, and know for a fact I can at least connect with 90mph strikes.

I'd have to hope he gives me something over the plate or throws a hanger. Also, I wouldnt have to worry about hitting intelligently, and could just swing for the fences with wild abandon every time (there's like a million things you have to worry about when hitting in a game situation that all factor into pitch selection for the pitcher, how you hit, how you hold the bat, etc, etc that just go out the window in this exercise). It would basically come down to the stars aligning and me getting lucky, I'd probably only have 5-10 actually hittable pitches for me.

Against lebron I'd basically have to somehow beat him to the hoop cause theres no way in fuck I'll be able to shoot over him with my white man vertical, which I'd give myself a 0% chance of success at

lol that was me false-flagging, 7th grade was the last time I played organized baseball

you could always launch a bunch of off-balance hook shots and see what happens

most likely they'd be blocked, but maybe you could get one in on a bounce

could you just drive to the hoop and flop everytime he comes near you then call your own fouls (streetball rules) and just hope you sink a ft? I think the only way to beat him would be at his own game

I would play against Lebron, drive to the basket, and flop like a bitch until I got free throws. Unless it's street ball, then I do some Steph Curry faggot deep three shit.

Hitting a home run is hard. Sure. Especially against a major league pitcher throwing 90+. But speed works to your advantage. It's harder to hit it long when a pitch is slower

I mean Bartolo Colon hit his first HR this year, and he is a disgrace hitting wise, I'm sure the majority of Sup Forums who are fit can be better hitters than Colon. We may not be there recognizing what pitch is thrown, but if its a fastball im sure anyone on Sup Forums can hit a homer 1 out of 100 pitches

>kershaw out with back spasms during warmup
>dickey is his new replacement
>you're given the option to either continue against dickey, or switch over to basketball against lebron

What do you pick?

>Running the ball into the endzone from 2 yards out
very difficult probably not possible unless you are big and powerful, you might get crippled

Knuckleballs are deadly, but if it's a dud you can easily hit it and slam it long

Lebron is a bitch nigga with no outside shot. I'll let him chuck. I might lose every game, but alteast he can cement himself as a brick layer against a scrub

>I'm sure the majority of Sup Forums who are fit can be better hitters than Colon.

I don't think so.

If you didn't play baseball from an early age up to at least the high school, it's highly unlikely you'll have the fundamentals and power to be able to hit a ball at least 330 feet.

See a relatively good athlete in Neymar trying baseball for the first time:

youtube.com/watch?v=WliM1w1MWDk

Colon may look fat and comical, but make no mistake, he's a strong bastard and played baseball his whole life.

Furthermore, pitch speed really doesn't add all that much distance. About 1 foot for every 5 mph, so you'll only hit 90mph pitch 6 feet further than a 60mph meatball.

diamondkinetics.com/dispelling-the-mystery-of-pitch-speed/

running it i guess, although you could get "lucky"

Yeh but soccer players are pussy bitches. just look at his form, does that 3lb bat weigh that much to him? jesus

idk, when I was playing hockey when I was like 16 or 17 my team got invited to this meet and greet batting practice with this local AA or AAA team (cant even remember what division they are, idc about the local baseball scene, although a few of the guys did eventually move to the majors for brief periods), and there were a few guys on my team including myself that went from being terrible to hitting homeruns within like 20-30 min once these guys showed us how to properly hold/swing the bat. The pitching machine was throwing straight fastballs to the same spot at like 80mph, but still, it was more about timing than anything. If you caught it at the right time in the right spot on the bat, it felt like you hardly had to be swinging your arms and it would just carry.

I think as long as you're somewhat athletic and have a decent coach critiquing you, you could make the necessary adjustments fairly quick

Yeah, but you were a hockey player and the skills are somewhat transferable, not to mention you would have already developed good core power from swinging a hockey stick your whole life.

Now watch someone like Charles Barkley try to swing a golf club or a bat, and he's gotten a lot of instruction in the former and still couldn't develop a good fundamental swing.

youtube.com/watch?v=s50K65PNeBU

sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/charles-barkley-adds-baseball-swing-to-personal-blooper-reel-221513856.html

OTOH, I remember when Mario Lemieux was playing celeb Pro-Ams (during his hockey career, so it wasn't like he was retired and had time to take a lot formal lessons), some pro golfers remarked they were jealous of his swing. I believe Lemieux was also a scratch golfer.

this post is very accurate and i support this post with all my heart

Same tbqhf

>1. Goal in shootout (you have to know how to skate and shoot a puck, very few people can do this well)
2. Hitting a home run (if it's off a major league pitcher)
3. Half court shot (if it's within final couple of seconds of half and it's a quick throw up)
4. Running ball into the endzone 2 yds out

power gap

5. Half court shot if you have time to set and it's just a fun little attempt

power gap

6. hitting a homerun off your buddies from work at the local park

If you aren't picking home run you need your fucking head examined.

Hitting a major league fastball is literally (yes I'm using the world literally in the correct way.) LITERALLY the hardest thing to do in the world of sports.

A 100 MPH fastball goes from the pitcher's hand to the catchers mitt in less time than it takes you to close your eyes while blinking.

0.369 seconds (If the pitcher is Chapman it's even less time because of how long his arms are) 0.369 seconds from release to the pop of the mitt, you have around half that time to judge if it's gonna be a good pitch, where the ball will be when you swing, and start your swing. it takes 0.025 seconds from brain synapses to fire, so your brain has just enough time to make 4 or 5 calculations before it's too late.

Homer un by a longshot, unless you're the Seahawks.