Y'all gotta admit. Until now pitchfork's AOTY choices have been a real sausage fest

Y'all gotta admit. Until now pitchfork's AOTY choices have been a real sausage fest.

who is he?

yep and up until a few years ago a white supremecist rally

Honestly guy's make much better music than girls (speaking from all data from the past). And plus look an any other fucking thing in the world, guys are almost always better than girls.

I'm liberal desu and not trying to be a misogynist necessarily but girls RARELY dominate any field at all and its just a true fact at this point.

how do people look at this face and see a man

i would give her a cuddle t bh

Are girls bad at music? LETS HAVE A THREAD ABOUT IT!

That looks like a man to me

A trend I've noticed from playing a hundred-odd club shows over the years is that female-fronted bands tend to more predictable.

There's 2 big archetypes that 80% of female bands tend to follow: Riot grrl or haley williams pop punk

For male bands there's more archetypes (American Football, Strokes-wannabes, doom metal hipsters, shugazi) and still only about 60% follow one. Although plenty still suck, male bands seem more willing to get weird.

Don't get me wrong, I've seen incredibly unique & talented female-fronted acts that deserve a lot more recognition than they've gotten. But I've also seen many shit-tier girl punk bands that get a stupid amount of praise just for existing, and presumably, never get encouraged to explore/take their act more seriously.

literally who?

Implying this isn't because of oppression and women's accomplishments getting erased and also their self-esteem getting ground to dust throughout their lives by comments like this very one, but OK.

Women weren't oppressed in cooking and still the best chefs in the world are male.

Kill yourself, my friend.

I think female musicians might be discouraged by the lack of role models (both bigger & local) -- but attributing it all to taunting is kinda insulting to women's temperament.

In my experience, there's less criticism of female bands in the music world. You could attribute that to male gatekeepers not taking them seriously, but I think a big part is also the "you go girl!" mentality that women in underrepresented fields should be supported no matter what.

In any artistic or professional field, you need massive amounts of practice and criticism to achieve mastery. If the community doesn't take them seriously -- in both a supportive AND critical way -- it's impossible to get there.

I thought Prince died though

any woman who is crushed by peoples comments

won't do anything great

and i literally hate guys irl. im a guy

girls are rarely funny, but they are always nicer, more pleasant to be around, make you feel good in general etc. My best guy friend irl likes Taylor Swift

has anybody figured out how many of the albums on the top 50 are by black artists?

this is obviously true, even though like my whole top 10 from 2015 was female

Grimes, courtney barnett, girlpool, joanna newsom, bjork, julia holter, beach house, hop along, CRJ, etc.

i actually like female artists more in general i think

this is just a PSA to everyone in this thread whose opinions are wrong.

and also ofc Solanges album wasnt the #1 best of the year but most of the list is good

looking forward to the TMT list

you are a pleb

woman make excuses like your post due to lack of drive or talent

anyone have a DL link?

use soulseek

Then how did the blacks become so influential on modern music, despite being much more opressed than women in the past?