UEFA Nations League

Haven't seen any discussion on this. Thoughts?

uefa.com/uefaeuro/news/newsid=2079553.html

No one has any thoughts on it, because no one can bloody understand it

Trying to work out the qualification for the euros from it is impossible

Someone explain?

Read the article.

CL and EL are good
No need to ruin that, you greedy UEFA retards

This is a national competition, not club

Absolutely disgusting

There is still the regular euro qualifiers. Top two from ten groups in the qualifiers go to the tournament. The remaining four spots are allocated to the playoff winners (the playoffs consist of each "group" winner within each league). Pic related.

kosovo being added to uefa kind of fucked the structure lol

>Lower-tier nations − the bottom 16 in rankings − are now guaranteed one of the 24 qualifying slots for UEFA EURO.

I love national football, but seems UEFA/FIFA are going full "let's include EVERYONE so we can be politicly correct, fair and earn even MORE cash".

What happens if a game is called off? Will they have to pull the brakes on domestic leagues to accompany the fixture? Or worse do it during off season?

Good point. I assume it'll be a "oh shit, now what" moment for them.

Midweek fixture

Wait this is already approved? awesome

I'm sure the leagues will be happy to allow that and will not complaining at all. What a shitshow

Am I the only one triggered by League C?
Teams are literally punished (or rewarded?) by getting drawn into a group with 3 teams (because relegation).

And basically the whole league would be screwed, since teams that are already in the euro would field their C teams to get relegated (since relegation gives you a higher chance to qualify for the next euro). You shouldn't promote losing.
The lowest division should've been "teams that didn't qualify for a major competition in the last N years" to keep relegating teams in check.

what do you win if you win?

this will be goat banter. especially if any of the big countries get relegated

also replacing shit friendlies with this would be good

no more friendlies against sudacas though

A spot in the euros

www.football-rankings.info/2016/07/uefa-nations-league-update-15-july-2016.html
Also, relevant stuff
>mfw bias aside we literally win league D

Well its not bad but now younger players have less chances to be included bcz no friendly matches! Bad plan.