Glorified shelf stacker

What fruit it vegetable sells the most?

retail employee that stocks produce
also this

Why do you produce clerks?

how much do yo make an hour?

why are you a clerk kent?

Bananas, mostly.
Or if there's something with a particularly good price.

heh
$15 an hour, though you start up at 8$ an hour.

Though, if i can expand at least a little bit. Most people don't seem to know left from right when it comes to produce.
Get a lot of customers that go "i want to buy x product, but i don't know how to pick a good one"

Jokes aside, you do have to be superman to work produce properly.
Or retail, in general.

how long do you leave the food out for? Does it stay out overnight?

Whats the nastiest thing you've seen/done while at work

Guess i should say: Bananas in general are the for sure highest seller.
No matter what happens, every store always sells a lot of bananas.
Some stores also have particular items that sell well for that particular store, but it varies for every location.

wow how long have you been there?

not op, but what the fuck do you think happens to produce overnight? of course they leave it out overnight

Items that regularly "require" refrigeration that were put on display outside of refrigeration need to be put in the cooler before the store closes.
That is assuming that the clerk that works in the evening does his job.
Rest of the stuff stays out overnight.
i'll get back to you on this one, let me think for a bit (there's a lot to choose from)
3 years

No, they hire someone else to put everything away at night. Then OP restacks everything in the morning.

Are you fucking retarded?

a friend of mine once worked in some small local food store and said they moved their fruits and vegetables into the cooler overnight to help reduce spoilage

youtube.com/watch?v=GC6EaPLCMvk would u play

I can't really think of the Nastiest thing i've seen in this line of work.
Watermelons that have melted, literally melted into a black cocoon full of worms and fruit flies swarming all around it.
Bananas have turned so black and so putrefied that you'd think they were rotisseried in some Peruvian restaurant.
Fruit that turns into balls of mold, veggies that become pools of gauck.
You see all sorts of ridiculously disgusting shit on a regular basis. Some of it comes from the sheer amount of ground that needs to be covered, and others is just plain negligence.

large grocery stores' produce section is already cooled.

no but you are

i don't play overwatch.
That sounds more like a store problem than general practice.
The coolers on the floor all run overnight.
If there's ever a reason to take the product off the refrigerated shelves and into the cooler out back, it's because the refrigerators broke down or are experiencing issues.

>Then OP restacks everything in the morning.
I do have to do that when the evening clerk just fucks around the night before.

i should clarify, i started at one company as a produce clerk making 8$ an hour, then got recruited by another company with a huge bump in pay.
It's not something that just happened by working regularly.