Need some older anons to give me advice

Need some older anons to give me advice.

What is the one piece of advice you would give to your 18 year old/young self?

>be me
>turned 18 3 months ago
>no fucking clue about the world
>wtf is adult life?
>what do?

get a decent job that includes a 401K and max it up to the employee match limit. Do this every paycheck for the rest of your life.

never settle, always do your best to continue reaching higher goals

>Be me
>18 years old
>Pic Related

- Don't spend to much time worrying. Things tend to work out as long as you keep a positive attitude.
- Accept the fact that you do not understand the world and you never will. Embrace it instead of worrying about it.

Start lifting

Life moves pretty fast, so if something gets in your way, turn.

Bumping for someone turning 18 in november

Of all options available pick the one that has the highest earning potential
And persue it exclusively

Try to have fun with it

>Start lifting

This is actually good advice.

always be networking and looking to jump ship for better opportunities. The days of company loyalty and staying in a job for years "working your way up" are over. Aim to increase your earnings by 5-10K every 2 years. You will do this by mercilessly switching jobs, altering your skillset and moving around the country. Sorry.

Don't be an alcoholic for the next 9 years, and don't start smoking again after quitting 2 years. Also that dumb bitch won't be worth getting so caught up over for so long

Not op but, advice in terms of career/major?

Study abroad! Do a bachelor or masters abroad - it will change you to the better. Learn to stand on your own feet, get education and see/learn a different culture - makes you a better grownup!

I would have learned to stop being a fucking pussy and stand up for myself. Do not let people push you around. Life is too short to bend at the whim of other people. Assert yourself, show your dominance, and never let people treat you like trash.

This.

Fucking this.

engineering, banking, financing. nothing with 'studies' in the title.

Or consider becoming a tradesman, they do well, retire early, and always have an industry.

Its actually pretty simple- think of things people will pay other people to do. Millenials have never figured that shit out.

I have to agree with this. You'll feel better, look better, be more confident and people won't fuck with you as much.

- Don't be afraid of anyone or anything, really! (if you are anxious type)
- Stay healthy and fit!

Be methodic with your study so you are good for it when you enter college and she stop pursiung that girl; she doesn't deserve you.

OH, don't abandon karate either and don't stop going to church.

Go running every morning like you used to and keep your friends close, you won't get new ones in college.

Talk to your parent's, you will very much miss them.

Please don't put a banana into your ass, you won't be able to poop it out

honestly, don't go to college right now.
>(((Anecdotal))) I have 2 nephews, one just finished law school, the other went to industrial glass trade school. Guess which one makes 100K and which one is unemployed?

>Find a skilled trade you don't hate -- TIG welding, HVAC, apprentice yourself to an old boomer who knows both the handskills and the business development side of it, and become a contractor...you own your time, your life and the profits of your labor are yours.

and dont get hung up on looking for your fucking calling, what you were 'meant to do'. You were meant to try not to starve to death and fuck whenever possible. Get a job that allows you to do those things well, and youll enjoy your life. This follow your dreams bullshit it out of control.

Have fun, make friends, spend time with family, dont work too much.

Boy I needed that

This. There's a difference between being the good kind of kissass, and the pussy kind of being a kissass. Don't seek the approval of your inferiors.
Aside of all that, have friends. Try to be just generally friendly to everyone, it will open up so many opportunities in life, and just generally make you a happier person.

T.H.I.S.

Fuck whoever you can, whenever you can. Throw your standards out the window. I didn't fuck enough chicks when I was your age and now that I'm 36, 18 year olds are out of reach unless I win the mega millions.

This is true. I was company loyal for 4 years and worked for low pay. Finally an old friend I met told me to do something similar and it felt like it opened my eyes.

Plus if you have a job but can't switch tell your employer you will quit in a short time so you can go work at another company. They will bump your pay check to keep you on board.

>Go to community college and study graphic design instead of uni that has no graphic design program.
>Don't worry too much about losing your virginity. It'll happen.
>Weed is love, weed is life. Just don't overdo it.

What i will tell u will make u succeed op. Mark my words

Stop Sup Forums
Lift
Study engineering in college
Listen to your parents
Get a decent job
Dont go for girls yet. Buy stock
Get a girl
Make her a hooker
Earn more
Buy a mension

i would add the caveat that it's generally a bad idea to accept a counteroffer from your current employer. Whether it's a ruse or not, it flags you as a future liability to them, and they'll shitcan you at the first opportunity.

>buy a mension

Is that like a mansion full of traps?

Not OP but I'm going into Animation, any advice on what area I should work in? (Movie Cgi/Game designing/Western 2d animation/Anime)

Try and avoid student loans if possible. Make sure you apply for any and all scholarships. Network as much as you can, these are the people that will help you move up when you're starting your career. Try and get as many relevant internships or jobs as you can for your major.

If you're not going to school, find a career path and take the steps necessary to get there. Certs, experience, whatever. Don't stop learning.

Try and have fun but get your shit done.

Agree with this- the first time you ever hold an employer over a barrel is the day they start looking to replace you with extreme prejudice.

>mension

exactly

under rated post

Id tell me to do everything the same and not fuck it up. Life is sweet

theyre all great fields but competitive these days. If you can get into movies $$$.

high school WAS bullshit, but college isn't. the work isn't hard, but you won't get the most for your money if you dont talk to your professors and make friends in your major.

also, start cooking good food for yourself ASAP. buy and freeze chicken/tilapia and cook in advance of the week over the weekend, then thaw things out. NEVER room with slobs - that means anybody, ANYBODY who doesn't clean their dishes as part of their meal.

don't fall for your friends. if you're bi (which half of college students end up being), don't tell anybody except as required/if it comes up. leaving the closet is bullshit and you'll never escape it

finally, maybe most important, if you have no idea what to do right now before college, JUST DONT GO TO COLLEGE YET. work for a year, think, THEN go and do youre pre-reqs/gen ends etc. youll be a little older, a lot wiser and that much less in debt. the year-off in between is one of the best decisions you can make as long as you dont live in the suburbs.....if youre not in a city that is. if you are in a city, take the year off. if not, i feel u, escape the woods.

That is why you keep fishing for better job anyway.

If you're serious (and if you are, I'm not really sure why you'd look HERE for advice, but be that as it may), here is one simple thing to remember:

DO NOT SETTLE. Whether with work, or more importantly, in a relationship. Don't settle. You'll regret it. Trust me.

kek

I feel the same way, but I found a solution ...

Remember it's your life, and you're responsible for it.

If you're having a shitty time, it's nobody else's fault. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and do something about it.

Stay away from church. Life is too short to waste it om superstition.

You will make great friends in college. And have sex with girls as often as you get the chance.

Remember: no means no.

this man has it.

never settle - the struggle to achieve your goals is the nature of life. enjoy it, you will find your favorite moments won't be in complacency, but in movement

This, I was a heavy alcoholic from the age of 15 to 22. Those years are literally a blur and I regret it so much, I fucked up my college and was close to homelessness multiple times cause of it. The only good thing that came from partying non stop was the number of women I had slept with

>I'm not really sure why you'd look HERE for advice
>Don't settle. You'll regret it. Trust me.

Seems like you are the only one that can give a real advice. And such a profound advice you give, like, three words long.

Nothing matters so live your life to the fullest and kiss her

Don't give a fuck about people's opinions

Explore the world and live dangerously

Fuck the jews

Fuck money, find a career you want to do. Focus on living mortgage free as early as possible (even if in a cheaper area) and just do what you want to do. Happy/=rich

i've been posting financial/career advice but i'd also give myself dating advice too:

>everything your mom told you about "being an understanding partner, being fair, kind, treating her like you'd like to be treated...is wrong.

Don't be a dick for dick's sake, redpill style, but realize women are repelled by someone who fawns over them. The most important thing is being excellent. Whatever your thing is (mine was starting my own design firm), focus on that and give it your all...when women sense you have huge responsibilities and drive...AND STILL SHOW INTEREST IN THEM...it reverses the thirst dynamic. They feel 'chosen' rather than begged.

>Date a lot, but make it a distant focus behind skill acquisition, financial betterment, male friend teamups, creative output. If you're awesome, you get someone awesome. If you're sad and thirsty you get nothing/someone worse than nothing.

Just one? I'd write a fucking book for 18 year old me.

I'll give you a few excerpts.

>Save money
>Invest
>Pull your head out of your ass
>Go to college earlier
>It's OK to fuck up, just own your failures and you'll be fine
>Green-eyed ginger girls will fuck your life up. Stay away.

if you do go to college/uni do it in a broad subject which can cover alot of career goals, etc history, maths.

Search "Elliot Hulse" YouTube

Ask an old man about his life and he'll mention a few things. Work always comes up, sometimes travel, sometimes kids - but he'll almost always mention his wife, his ex-wife, or his widow. This shows you how important it is to choose the right mate, after 80 years of life, this is what he chooses to talk about. You could waste decades of your life if you make the wrong choice, especially if you have kids with her. Dont marry under pressure from anyone, dont marry because you think it's "time to grow up", dont marry because she's fun, or hot or sucks your balls dry - all of that shit ends eventually.

Many women are constantly trying to change you - avoid these women.
With many women you always feel a struggle for control - avoid these women.
Some women always compare you other men - avoid these women.
Attention seekers / narcissists - avoid these women at all costs.

There are other types but if you keep away from these basics you'll avoid most pitfalls that least to prolonged misery.

Borrow lots of money for drugs

>green eyed ginger girls
>stay away
but why...

You get what you earn in life. Nobody is going to care more about you, than you. You may have a wife that loves you and all that, but ultimately, it's YOU who needs to advance yourself. It's YOU who needs to work towards that advancement relentlessly if you want to "make it big". It's YOU who will ultimately decide where you head in life.

Now that you know all that, stay focused on establishing yourself. Go to college. Major in something that will be useful in the years to come like Computer Science (yes it's a lot of work, but it'll be worth it when you're making fat stacks each week and don't have to worry about bills).

Most of all, live in the hear and now. Enjoy life. Don't become complacent and miss out on the best things in life.

This

Also stay single, don't have kids, do a job you fucking like doing, learn to drive, try and buy a house in a nice place you want to stay in, nothing to expensive but nothing falling apart.
Eat well, stay posative, listen and learn.

Country you in nigger?

It took me four years to get myself back on track after the first one. Two years for the second.

Pick a good partner. Fuck love, youll love somebody you can depend on and stand to be around for decades. Arranged marriages actually worked pretty well, mostly because expectations were a lot different. Marry somebody you trust with your 401k.

you got a women problem not a ginger problem

hungary kinda shit,
>btw thanks for the career advice anons im going to engineering uni(no college here i get my bach degree from there)

Just no Sweden, France or Germany today, UK won't let you in, Turkey is going to shit, the rest of the EU will kick you out soon enough, Arfica? Get your aids jab and an AK47 at the boarder. India? just drowned yourself, Canada.

Get some marketable skills. Finish school. Don't smoke cigarettes. Stay away from opiates. Weed, booze and LSD are ok.

Don't get married. Committed relationships are fine, but don't legalize it.

Buy property as soon as you can.

Do these things and you'll be ok.

DO
THEM
ALL
!

Nope. The other women in my life were fine. Green-eyed gingers are crazy.

If you're into that, don't buy drugs, do people favours, they will share theirs. Cocaine is never a good idea

choose something you enjoy, not something you think will make you money, you'll be shit at studying something you hate, and you'll never make money doing something you're shit at

> You have obligations to meet. Past that, fuck work, man. Money is only worth what they say it is. Be free with it.
>Don't blow off your friends for pussy. Ten years later, the bitches are gone, even ones who said they loved you. The bros are still here (some of them.) Sex is over rated.
>Make time for your parents.
>There isnt anything wrong with wasting time. You value your free time. You value your bros. You value learning. Sitting around and doing these things and *not* making money is not wasting time. These are the memories that make you not want to kill yourself.
>Get into writing earlier

It doesn't matter how good you are, it means nothing if you're a good student or the best guy ever. The world is going to judge you because how useful you're

The world doesn't care about your feelings, be brave, be bold, take risks and when you fail do it again, fail better, until one day you won't fail

Good advice.
Bad advice: a job that makes you happy is better than a job that earns alot but makes you miserable
Contrary to what many people think, making money won't make you happier, beyond a certain point. Once you get a reasonable standard of living and some savings, you may as well quit struggling for more.
>Millennials never figure this out
As a millenia who is currently making 50k a year as an electrician I can tell you that obviously some millennials do figure it out.
This is just stupid.
This is good advice if you want genital warts.

>Hungary
Move to Croatia, Luxenbourg, Switzerland, UK, USA or Canada you fucking gypo.

What are you going to engineer?

If college isn't your thing, get certified in something. I never went to college, but I am pool and havac certified. I make good money. Don't get married and don't have children. Worst mistakes of your life. Stay single. Stay very single.

why not both....too many baristas currently following their dreams.

Things to avoid
>drinkin
>videogames
>being depressed
>drug addiction

Do not do history. Its one of the most oversubscribed courses on the planet. Maths is always a good choice if you're not sure of what career you want though, even in an unrelated sector purely because it shows how much hard work and dedication you will put in; but other than that, if the degree you want to do isn't vocational eg: journalism, engineering etc, there is very little use in university.

Adam?

Taoist essence.
Beautiful words, user.

>its worth going to university only if you're doing it for the skillset not the money, if you just want to make money there are better ways of doing it
>start your own business

Same user. I've had Secondary level education in Art,Engineering and Construction so I have a few options but I am mainly interested in animation. Should I try and get a BA Degree in animation or should I go for a lower level course? The BA course is 4 years long and Id have to do a 1-2 year course to qualify for it, Though I could get the low level course straight away and it is 2-3 years long. Which one should I go for? Is the BA Degree worth it?

I'm almost 25 and still figuring it out. I'm hopefully going to go for my B.S. in Business Management by spring time.

Best thing you can do is make a list. I'm talking an actual list. Write down your ideas and options and weigh the pros and cons. You're young so you can either A. Join the military. B. Go to college. C. Get a shitty low-paying job. Or D. Learn an apprenticeship.

Adult life really sucks dick. I bought my first car when I was 23 and having to pay for full coverage on my second car sucks ass. It's expensive and I don't make much because I'm on disability. But the good thing is that I likely and hopefully won't have to pay hardly anything for my degree.

My dream is to become an executive at a bank or financial services company. Something like Chase, Discover, Bank of America, Capital One, Barclays Bank of Delaware, HSBC, etc.

My plan is to try and get my B.S. and then pursue an MBA with a concentration in Finance.

shit man idk, Im thinking of mechanical engineering and designing machines

This but how is lifting going to pay his bills and get him out of his moms house?

get on hrt, you're trans.

Mike

i mean obviously if you can do both do both, but if thats an option then you wouldn't be asking for advice on a major to choose

Also I'm Irish if that helps, there's only about 10 colleges in the whole of Ireland that has the course I want.

I'll add that if your friends ask you questions like "Why are you still with her?" and you can't answer them clearly in 10 words or less then you should really reconsider their point of view. They are seeing the train wreck ahead that you are postponing. Never EVER marry that girl.

he could become a gigolo

Good job if you can get the investment.
I met a guy who invented a few machines, got him to go my college work for me, at a price of course.
He's kinda a crazy prof type, but rich.

Hungary is not the best place, why no invest in Hungry? try and bring things into Hungry, start a business.

Good luck OP.

Try to get scholarship, go to college

Do what you love

i presume you've no kids , no mortgage, no major expenses.
start paying into a pension plan right now.

thats the best advise you'll ever get i your life.

Play that funky music, white boy

What are you good at and what do you feel like you can learn? Also look at the job openings in your area and see if that major will land you a job where you life. If not, it's saturated.

Wait why the hell did my reply go to you I was trying to reply to OP, but hey mike

well that's what i'm saying. OP doesn't know that there ARE no jobs left for History, English, Drama, Anthropology, Classics...I was an english BA, Journalism MA and now I run a graphics outfit. I did my 'dream' for a couple years, and then woke up and realized being a daily news reporter for 32K a year is no way to live.

Wrong