Ask a recently laid off coal miner anything

Ask a recently laid off coal miner anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p_w4XUB-jt4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What country do you live in?

Us, New Mexico

Do you have the black lung, pops?

How much you make?

Nope, only been doing it 5 years
Made 100k last year

Can yo get me some coal

post pics of something of your equipment

Could've when I had the job. Gave it aways by truckloads. You just went to the mine and they'd load you up

what do you think about this ?
youtube.com/watch?v=p_w4XUB-jt4

They wouldn't let us take cameras underground. Other guys took cell phones but I need did. Sorry

that's how I ended up in NM, grandpa was a coal miner back in the day. I feel ya bro

did they outsource your job to india?

Lived around here all my life. Got a degree in philosophy but how am I going to make a living with that! Lots of dudes came to the mine from the east coast after they got laid off there.

Nope. Epa made new regulations and demand cut by 50%

Then the firenation attacked...god damn animal

will you go into wind or solar mining next?
They're the energies of the future, you know.

any reqs for being one? would you recommend?

Coal mining is dead

Nope. Getting grants to go back to school for IT. Then getting out of NM

It was a very great job for the pay and benefits. No reqs though, so you work with a lot of retards

Well, one req. Have to be able to do manual labor. Can't be a little bitch basically

One and only one bump.

In which deep do u work?

Worked at San Juan mine

How deep into earth?

is that a euphemism for your faggotry?

No idea. Never cared to ask. Knew we were under a mesa. A flat hill/mountain. We weren't too deep. You drove inside. Didn't have to go down a shaft.

You have no idea how much faggots goes on in coal mines.

Is the earth flat or round ?

How is the chance for a german coleminer to get work in usa?

Great as long as they are hiring. Anyone with experience is golden if the mine is hiring.

Do you blame Obama for being laid off?

Too many people just freak out the first time they go underground

Tell me everything.

The EPA, and hence Obama. That and the eco-friendly movement.

get your lungs checked. my grandpa was a coal miner years and years ago and got lung cancer from it. never smoked either.

It probably saved your life though. I'd rather have my lungs instead of 100k a year

Coal miners are known to do a whole bunch a faggy horseplay. It was not uncommon for people to get teabagged or their junk grabbed

They give you a lung scan every year. Never had a change on mine.

You made it sound like buggery was rampant. I am disappoint.

No. You'd get beat up for actual faggotry. It's like gay chicken

Law fag here who's been involved in asbestos litigation.
Lung scans don't pick up everything that could be wrong with you now and in the future, especially over the course of 5 years. All the crap that you are exposed to build up over the years until it's too late.
You would be delusional if you think that your company was doing more than the bare minimum to keep you safe. Like the other user said, getting laid off is probably going to save your life down the road.

Yeah, not a company thing. It was a fed thing. I'm sure you'll say that doesn't matter but there you go.

Did you enjoy mining?

Loved it. First job I had that the time flew by. And the great cash.

What did the first day look like?

After the week off classroom training on government safety and regulations, it was basically a tour. Then they teach you to run the big machines and tell you to just do it.

I have a question.
Do you have some kind of water pumps underground?
To suck off ground waters and from the long wall shit you know.
And hwo does that?
Cause I work on coal mine in Russia and have the machinist education.
Most of working time I work with those pumps.
And pretty much thinking of move to some other country like a job emmigration.
Help me with an advice.

I actually changed pumps mostly. They were just little 2×2 pumps that moved water to a central location and then a big electric pump that pumped the water above ground. Those that worked on the pumps were not very technically trained unless they were electricians

what made you want to be a worthless coal miner for a living?

After destroying the earth voluntarily , they through you away like a piece of trash.

All for a paycheck, worthless pieces of paper that provide things for you that are god given cause no one fucking mans up , and takes them , they all beg big daddy.

What do you think about all this, as a simple minded fool

Longwalls mine uphill so the water drains into the gob. The gob is just were the area collapses and we're done mining so we seal it off and don't worry about it anymore.

The cash man. I'm not going to be the next great novelist or some such shit. So I took the best paying job I could. Which is what adults do.

Thanks brother.
Also, where can I get some educational materials about coal mining in English?
Enternet has a lot of these, but I don't know what of that is exactly using by miners.What do you teach, I mean.
May be some forums or sites where I can read something enteresting about mining.
Also interested in what specialities needed in other countries.For now I know only what we have here in Siberia.
Wanna more knowledge.Need it.

I have no idea man. Everyone was basically trained on site here. Most of the mining jobs are machine operators and manual labor stacking heavy things on other heavy things. That's beside all the engineers and electrical guys.

MS HA is the government entity that oversees mining in the US. They're website is probably your best bet.

GULLY SUCKERS

That's a new one for me.

>Also, where can I get some educational materials about coal mining in English?

Nigga, you don't need education for coal mining.

you ground floor from a labouring pool, you do the time and earn your tickets.

European demolitions here, pic related is my rig,

the reason my job was stopped today is because those little 2x2 pumps get blocked all the fucking time and the affluent drain on the tank i'm demolition was full, doing a job in the UK right now, where i learned they were called gully suckers, once this job is done, off to france for 4 months, then thailand after new years.

>pic related
htachi 350t excavator with the shears.

i cut oil tanks liek they were cans of coke.

Nice, thanks user