Why are we all ignoring the fact that the highest glass ceiling has just been broken...

Why are we all ignoring the fact that the highest glass ceiling has just been broken? Solange is the first woman to get AOTY from p4k.

And no, the Knife doesn't count.

Other urls found in this thread:

pewsocialtrends.org/2016/06/27/on-views-of-race-and-inequality-blacks-and-whites-are-worlds-apart/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How do you pronounce her name? Is it soul-inge? So-lange?

Praise.

And #slay, of course.

>this nigga isn't trans
what the fuck

how does a gay guy and his sister doesn't count?

>the Knife doesn't count.
why not?

they had the chance to give to women who actually deserved it (e.g bjork and joanna newsom) but no, they give it to a dumb talentless bitch who grew up in an incredibly wealthy but pretends to be oppressed for attention

yes no one cares anymore about what type of person makes the music as long as it is good. Besides p4k i mean no ones give a hoot

so -lange like orange

>that
>woman

not a solo artist and Olof is 1/2 of the band. If it had been Fever Ray it would have counted.

Who gives a flying fuck about pitchfork? lol

me?

but solange had males help write her songs
especially blood orange

yeah that's true but the album is credited entirely under her name, which Silent Shout is not.

That's pretty pathetic.

are you kidding me
only olof and karin made every song on that album
solange has 3-4 guys credited on each of her songs

So just because she paid them off to not take credit as a group project it counts?

Well, A Seat at the Table had about 20+ male writers while Silent Shout had 1 male writer

her album is good but not aoty

that's pretty much how music works, yeah.

soh-LAHNJ

FACTS ARE SEXIST!!

hahahah holy shitl. i just read the list. do you literally get included for being black? i'd bet more than 50% of the albums on the list are by black artists. and not even the good ones

kek

t. Butthurt white boi

also the first one with a sub 90 IQ probably.

im chinese

east asians are the whitest of all people

Prove it, post eyes.

She's BLACK and a WOMAN. Being a white man that's ancestors were sexist slave drivers, this makes me very proud.

it's a shit album still

Who cares? You aren't supposed to rate albums based on how good they are. If it's politically correct that's all that matters.

i dunno, i guess it's cool but it would've been cooler for cbarrett or angel olsen to get it first i think

>the Knife doesn't count.
how?

does Kevin Gates really deserve to be on the list

Why does she always look so angry? If I had the money and success she had I would be turning that frown upside down and those eyebrows to the sky clouds

>Why does she always look so angry?
white people still exist

Did whoever took these pictures of her see her titties?

It's called tucking into the waistband, any guy whose ever had a girlfriend knows this

Do you really want to? She's pretty ugly.

You can't think of any higher glass ceiling? Not one? Not one notably /still/ unbroken one?

explain
im a virgin

You all are suckers for talking about this album. That's exactly why Shitfork gave it AOTY. That's exactly why they do everything they do. It's to create clicks and get people talking and get people like you upset and then you go post about it on Sup Forums and leddit like good little boys and girls, all of which brings more people to their site and gives them even more cultural influence.

P4K literally does not matter, so stop making it seem like it matters.

he does, but not 21 savage or schoolboy, christ those albums were snoozefests

She doesn't look angry to me, she has no expression on her face.
>le angry black woman stereotype

but we're bored and need a constant supply of outrage to feel something

The woman pulls up her pants and tucks her titties in the waistband, thus safely hiding the nipples from view

I can bet they threw those on there because "oooo experimental ambient production! immerse! so deep, i'm reading way too much into this"

She's not angry, she looks like soulless heroin addict upset that she'll never live up to his sister's fame.

that'd be a pretty good album concept

She looks like she wants to punch the camera man

You seriously think she has no expression? She's getting her picture taken, therefore that's her expression

no, they do it to subvert the white psyche and break white spirits. we're the only ones fighting it.

I can't believe this is their first solo female artist to get AOTY, like there have been so many better options than Solange imo....

How did Joanna Newsom NOT get AOTY for 2006? Julia Holter would have been an acceptable choice for AOTY 2013. Same with Fiona Apple in 2012.

>these generic pop artists should have won before this generic pop artist
I'm glad the knife are the real victors here and not these hacks

Clearly low hanging fruit but this still triggers me.
As if being a nigger with money suddenly means you're free from racism and oppression. I'll never forget watching a white woman argue on CNN that Oprah's kids would have a better shot at getting into Harvard than her white kids and that's "reverse racism." Kek.

Obama has been the most disrespected President in recent American history. Now all these butthurt whites who think America needs to be "taken back" from blacks within their own country because MUH PRESIDENT DONT LOOK LIEK ME NO MORE, and enter Donald Trump.

It's like white America just decided one day that instead of sharing the apple pie with your brother like mommy told you to do, they would just rather set the whole pie on fire so nobody can have it.

Pitchfork hasn't been good, reliable or relevant at all since 2011.

>Obama has been the most disrespected President in recent American history

What is George Bush for $1000, Alex

>this triggers me

I know you said that ironically but you are clearly quite unironically triggered

Yeah, like this.

>Fiona Apple in 2012

WEW

I'd take it over Kendrick or Frank.

>As if being a nigger with money suddenly means you're free from racism and oppression.
It's not, but it's remarkably disproportionate regardless. You have to reach extremely far to say that black people face regular racism in the U.S.

So people like playing with your hair. First off, that isn't specific to race. Second off, how obnoxiously lame and whiny do you have to be to think that constitutes being "oppressed", go fuck yourself.

>Obama has been the most disrespected President in recent American history
Uh, no

But just because people criticize him it's not because he's black.

>It's like white America just decided one day that instead of sharing the apple pie with your brother like mommy told you to do, they would just rather set the whole pie on fire so nobody can have it.
I have no idea what that analogy is supposed to mean, I'm going to go out on a limb and say nothing.

wow white people have been dominating music for the last 100 years

blacks get some praise for the last 4-5 yrs and the world is going to shit right?
kys racist

>Obama has been the most disrespected President

Holy shit, you can't possibly be any older than 15 if you believe this.

Not OP but with Bush there were valid reasons. There were also valid reasons to be upset with Obama, but ridiculous conservatives went after the stupid shit and ignored the whole "unmanned death robots that can take out anyone the government wants to" thing. But noooooooooo Obama may be a MUSLIM.

>You have to reach extremely far to say that black people face regular racism in the U.S.
Except you really don't
pewsocialtrends.org/2016/06/27/on-views-of-race-and-inequality-blacks-and-whites-are-worlds-apart/

so sensative

black people make good music
get used to it

gotta listen to this still damn

Please tell us how Bush, Clinton and Bush Senior were more disrespected than Obama.

Richard Nixon

honestly pathetic

I mean recent memory

lmao, no fucking way
you can't be fucking serious
left Sup Forums for two months and this shit happens
please stop this meme
the album is barely a 7/10

>low hanging fruit
>responds with lower hanging fruit
how low can we go Sup Forums lol

bye

Dev didn't have any writing credits on this album besides one of the interludes. She wrote the melodies, lyrics, and chords, some men helped with arrangement and production.

ok, think of the p4k AOTY like a Grammy award. When they announce who won the award, the person/band who did the album walks up to accept the award. They don't bring up every single person who worked on the album. That might be shitty, but it's the way it is. This is the first time a woman has gotten sole ownership of the "award." Karin Andersson would have had to "share" it with her brother, the girl from Arcade Fire had to share it with Win Butler, etc.

This is a joke thread anyway, lol

This album was being praised two months ago too. Yeah there were some dissenters but there are dissenters in this thread. I remember a lot of people praising the album, even some who hate sjw-oriented music, over the last few months

nope, getting AOTY from pitchfork is the biggest accomplishment anyone can reach.

I think musically it was reasonably interesting, she has some good taste in music, and I can appreciate the activisty side of it, albeit on a seperate level. But shit, talk about the music. Being into black feminist politics doesn't make you a good musician, being a good musician does. Makes me fucking mad because I actually enjoyed the album on a musical level.

Beyonce absolutely BTFO

her album isn't good I noticed i listened to it it sucks

bonefish bonefish bonefish

Exactly

that's about as big of a step "forward" as any corporate lgbt endorsement on twitter
ie fucking none
>identity capitalism

I agree. Fuck white people. If you're white, I literally want you to burn in the depths of Hell for all eternity. No ifs, ands, or buts. Your race has done nothing but bring misery to this world. If you're white PLEASE don't ever have children, lest you want them to be lynched during the upcoming race war where whites will be exterminated. The brothers won't be holding back any longer.

just listened to the album. It's really good from a musical standpoint, the lyrical content is a huge bonus though. Don't Touch My Hair with Sampha is damn good

a.) you're white
b.) relax

How did you not understand that analogy when he literally spelled out for you.

Whites don't like sharing "muh freedom."

a.) kys

this is what nu-males actually believe

I second this

>nu-males

Sorry, could you repeat that? I couldn't hear you over the buzzwords and memes.

only on /mu will you find this

uses "like" like a tumblrina. Samefag

i think they mean that whites "set america o fire" when they elected Trump. It wasn't necessarily cause they agreed with the "racist" things he was saying, but rather didn't want the blacks, and gays, and sjws and basically that whole group that's formed a "collective" of sorts, to have the apple pie.

>butthurt
>MUH PRESIDENT DONT LOOK LIEK ME NO MORE

as if you didn't use buzzwords and memes, you fucking failure

She's got a lot to be mad about.

you realize that the world world is going to be a shade of tan in a 1000 years or so. Then who are you gonna complain against? Then how are you going to be able to feel special anymore?

lol all celeb siblings are heroin addicts

Have the sjws really invaded this site this hard? FUCK me!

21 Savages album was pretty great, for 2016 rap standards anyway. If you actually thought that was a snoozefest you have zero attention span. It was SLOW BURNING. But no snoozefest. His new interesting flow prevents it from being that in any case