What is Sup Forums's opinion on this movie?

What is Sup Forums's opinion on this movie?

Best anime ever

back when anime wasn't obnoxious bullshit

A warning to not blow everyhing up when you do.

One of the only Chinese Cartoons I enjoyed.

BEST of the BEST

Its okay
the art style is amazing but the story can be hard to follow if you are not weebo

It was good.Kinda weird but what anime isn't.

KeK

One of the best animated movies I have ever seen, and I'm not into anime.

not into anime and didn't love the story thát much

>dat fucking artstyle though
>mfw

they should make it a live action movie

My favorite. Its the only anime Ill actually rewatch once a year or so.
Hellsing ultimate also kicks ass.

they are trying to do it.

Absolutly great, i did show it like 2 weeks ago, SO FUCKING GENIUS.
The Music is one of the best ost ever

KANEDAAAAAAAAA

Wath for ? The anime is good

TETSUOOOO !

Let'sCallITT:

░░AKIRA░░
←ᴰᵄᵆ ᴭᴿᴳ→

overrated. it's ok, but kind of stupid, doesn't really have much to say, but cool action scenes and animation although a few dull moments

only anime worth watching

but thats wrong you fucking nigger

I've download that film yesterday now I see that thread on Sup Forums.
Wow.

Unwatchable on lsd, due to frame rate. Maybe there has been an update. Top-tier 90's movie, in any case.

Beautiful. There's really not that much deeper story or meaning. But it's one hell of a show.

I its supposed to be really good..and I wanted it to be good, but really...it was just..meh. Maybe I saw it 15yrs too late

Sup Forums faggots hate it for some reason but it was what made me love anime.

i watch a ridiculous amount of anime, but never watched akira until a few days ago.

>playing at local theater
>get high beforehand
>friend then gives me an edible before the movie

one of the best experiences ever, i was so stoned for the whole thing and thought it was great

It's like the original Star Wars is for the younger generation, if you saw it in its prime, it was pretty amazing. People seeing it these days, "I don't get it, what's the big deal" .

Literally god tier animation the story is hard to follow but its brilliant

Good movie. great art.

The bad.

They tried to incorporate too many of the side stories with no time for explaining the scene or its importance. (the akira fanatics)

Some of the side bit would have been better left on the editing room floor

I'm 14 and I loved every fucking second of it. Spirited away is also almost orgasmic.

One of the best movies ever and one of my personal favourites

Maybe there's some hope for you kids yet. Hah.

>tfw there are actually people who want shitty live-action versions of phenominal animated classics

you do get that it would be terrible, right? and that it would be completely pointless?

swege

Live action almost anything scares me, they'll just fuck it up.. horribly..

Do you know how much people with 15 or less acess this website?
I started with imageboards with 13.

>live action
Shit.
>live action with americans actors
Wtf?

Also, is your pic from a bad school anime? I think I've watched it someday.

Blew me away when I first saw it in 2002 as a 12 year old.

it's from cromartie high, the best school anime

mfw stinku bombu

See: Ghost In The Shell.

/wrists

great visuals and god tier animation.
pacing feels a little rushed though, this is especially a problem since the viewer needs to digest some really wild story twists.
historically together with ghost in the shell the most influencal old school anime.

would watch with friends that i know can cherish it. probably not for normies though, better go with mononoke hime here.

all in all 8/10 on a scale without 10, manga is probably better because pacing can be controlled way easier and has more time to establish the universe, havent tried it yet though.

kanedaaaa

KYS weeb.

I can't wait to see a good, high budget version with actors speaking a language I can understand.

Ghost in the Shell and Akira are both better stories than anime deserves. Hollywood will do right by them both.

>all in all 8/10 on a scale without 10
Kill yourself you elitist faggot.

I watched it and really appreciated but i have to admit i didn't really understand the story... It's a bit confuse to me, what (or who ?) is Akira ? I think the movie should be longer to explain better the story.

DAAAAAAAAAAAA DA DA DAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Akira is a magic emo ghost.

Amazing I could watch over and over

Live action is going to be a Millennials wet dream but it will really suck ball and not be a shadow of this

Edgy

but user, choosing anime (or live action) as genre is almost independent of the story. any setting that benefits from the opportunities of animation, for example wilder cuts, colors or effects profit from being animated. just think about how spirited away or paprika would not work as life action.

please elaborate

>cromartie high
Yeah, this one. I watched time ago.

Why do you assume a Hollywood film with a big budget is going to be worse than a Chinese cartoon from 30 years ago?

I expect they'll tell the story much more coherently and it will be absolutely stylish and amazing looking with quality acting.

Personally I can't wait for the Western version. If it's anything like Old Boy everyone who's worried will be proven wrong when the US version comes out and is without a doubt the better film.

TEEEETSUUUOOOOOO!

many b8

>a scale without a 10

You're a pretentious fucking faggot who thinks his criticism is actually valid because you restrain yourself from actually praising a movie. If the film is great it's a 10.

You sound like a dumb-shit grade 11 English teacher talking about how "No one gets an A because there is no such thing as a perfect essay" shit is subjective and should be based on your unique human experience, not some obtuse, nonexistence algorithm of what is "perfection".

Fuck you and everyone else who thinks they're special just because they don't call good movies a 10/10.

You have no intelligence, taste, or class, much less sophistication. In short, sir, you are a boor, and possibly a poltroon.

Not bait, I honestly am looking forward to the Western version of this and Ghost in the Shell.

They're some of the only anime stories that I think are actually good and I'm looking forward to being able to share them with my wife and friends. Because they sure as fuck aren't going to watch some gay cartoon.

Am I the only one who remembers live action DBZ?

Says the anime purist.

I have taste and class in spades. That's why I won't be caught dead watching anime. That's why I'm looking forward to a proper version of these films.

>Hollywood film

>big budget

>...good?

why are you talking about two completely unrelated ideas?

[spoiler]oh wait that was bait wasn't it[/spoiler]

That was a budget title made to cash in on a children's cartoon. These are very different productions.

no seriously if someone can explain to me it would be appreciated..

28号

I'm being completely serious. Akira was some kid that the government did a bunch of experiments on to make him super psychic. Then he blew up Tokyo because he was magic and turned into a ghost that took over Canada.

You're having trouble understanding it because you don't want to accept that it's as fucking stupid as I'm making it sound but it is.

And we see that ghost in the movie ? I don't remember a ghost.
I'm not sure it you're not trolling.

>classic,
>most watch
>interesting resemblance of how small personality defects/issues can dribe us to uncontrollable situations
>8/10 general
10/10 animation for those days

oh boy, i actually had a conversation about this topic with a friend of mine.
short answer: if you dont like my 0-9 scale, just add 1 and obtain the classic 1-10 scale.
long answer: 0-9 scales are directly comparable to any scale thats based on averaging methods as these make 10 almost impossible with a large audience.

You are not a large audience you are one fucking person. You're not metacritic. You're not Rotten Tomatoes. You're just some dumb shit user who's acting like a pretentious faggot right now.

Say it's a 9/10 right fucking now user and then give me an example of a movie you consider a 10/10.

Do it now goddammit! Liberate your mind from these jackass cravings you have to be better than everyone else!

>dribe
*v
sorry

Read the manga 6 volumes the movie is bits of vol 1 and 2 then 4,5 and 6 is butchered in the 3rd act of the film they miss out the set up for everyone by missing volume 3 they are 25 quid each but they are fucking worth it tho i've loved it for over 20 years anime at its peak dude

He's the gay little kid who shows up as a ghost at the very end of the movie to Deus Ex away the Tetsuo-Blob.

It's not explained well because Japs are absolute fucking hacks when it comes to telling stories and leave a lot of shit out for time and budget reasons. They have no idea how to actually edit things down in a way that makes sense and just cut whole sections of stories out. Weebs will tell you this is a good thing because it means you really need to think about it but that's bullshit, it's just poor storytelling because the movie was unfinished.

I'm not going to read some shitty flipped comic book but I am looking forward to the Live Action movie because Hollywood actually knows how to tell a story and edit it if necessary without just cutting out huge chunks and having it make no fucking sense.

It's really obvious that there is a ton missing from the film though. It just hops around so much at the ending and has a ton of concepts and characters that aren't even explained or properly introduced in anything other than massive info dumps.

I mean there's a guy in here who watched the movie and doesn't even know who/what Akira is. And I can't even blame the guy because it's so fucking poorly told in the film that anyone could miss it.

god like

im actually amazed by how the completely arbitrary max number on a scale can bother you so much. as i said, i can easily take one of my 9s and add one extra for you user.
to stay within the anime genre:
akira is 9/10, spirited away is 10/10.

Ahah ok i see, and so he appears to "stop" the tetsuo-blob ? Or to make everything explode again ? (as we see and explosion at the end) and if yes, why that explosion ?
Thanks

We are not talking about spades, you bigger. We're talking about movies.

It's not arbitrary at all. You can't just say you're rating on a 1-10 scale and then refuse to use the fucking 10! It's completely absurd and spitting in the face of the very idea of measuring these things.

>akira is 9/10, spirited away is 10/10.
Was that so fucking hard!? Doesn't it feel good to exclaim to the world with confidence and conviction "I loved Spirited Away, I consider it a 10/10!" rather than your usual "Well you see *pushes back glasses* I quite liked the Japanimation titled Spirited Away and would rate it a perfect 9/10."

Say what you mean and mean what you say user. Anything less means you're not a real man.

I hope you learned something today and can go forward with your head held high. Go out into that big, beautiful world of ours where we can use the full 10 point scale and tell people exactly what we think.

I love you user. Stay blessed.

i actually learned to enjoy not being spoonfed every detail of the story. you also find this occasionally in life action movies (eg memories of murder) or even western stuff (2001 very cheap example) and when done cleverly it makes a movie much more memorable, interesting and rewatchable

I love the art and story line is awesome