>get a date with a film school qt
>I'm a patrician Sup Forums browser so I'm totally ready
>mention I am a film connoisseur
>"Oh really? What's your favorite film of the French New Wave?"
>I start stuttering
>"What's that user? Speak up"
>"2001 Sp-Space Odyssey"
>she gives me a funny look
>"Well that's not a French film, but on the topic of Kubrick why is that your favorite when Barry Lyndon is better?"
>start sweating
>excuse myself to the bathroom
>post this from one of the stalls
what do?? there's a window I can jump out of if need be

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u1L9S3gHj2s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>answering her questions instead of just looking at her and smiling
First mistake

Not controlling your smiles and cries

>WWSSD

But I thought women liked smart guys? Thay's what my mom told me beforehand

This never happened but it's better than pedo spam

They do like smart guys. That's why you fail.

>get a date
git out

Ask her if she's familiar with Bane posting

Fucking hate French New Wave lmao

The 400 Blows, of course. And Godard is a hack so please don't bring him up, thanks.

Ask her if she wants a toothpick

"the subject matter. The technical aspects of barry lyndon are very impressive but I have a strong dislike for the main character."

>sharing hobbies with girls you're interested in

There's no point

>Sup Forums.jpg

>>"Oh really? What's your favorite film of the French New Wave?"

That's such a snooty bait question.

Tell her you only watch movies you don't have to read the subtitles for. Tell her french movies suck ass.

Be fucking honest instead of trying to ram her with your DVD collection.

Ok I'll try this. Wish me luck.

sure because obviously YOU WOULD HAVE TO GO SOMEWHERE FROM THAT POINT AND YOU HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA

>French New Wave
sounds kind of pretentious to me

Most likely snatch her birthday.

We're talking movies not beaches, you dumb slut lmao

>actually wasting your time by typing all that crap out

more posts like this

Not really when you're in film school and someone say to you "I'm a film connoisseur"

i don't give a shit about the french new wave

i like bresson though, the autism is soothing
youtube.com/watch?v=u1L9S3gHj2s

Go back out there and tell her Jean Luc Godard is intellectual counterfeit money compared to a good kung fu movie.

>what do??
Bail.

>Implying most humans can understand Baneposting
It's a big concept

Tell her to shut her stupid yap before you shut it for her

>Tell her you only watch movies you don't have to read the subtitles for
Holy shit, easiest way of making yourself look like the biggest fucking pleb.~
You might as well take your pants off and start walking on your hands like a dog, it'd be less embarassing than saying that.

You'd already be snatching that punani if you just pretended to like capeshit.

would it be big for baneposters? I know baneposters understand it more than most, but I don't think its something that can ever be mastered

FUCK guys i tried this and she said 'it's supposed to be that way hes an antihero and morally complex, would you rather everyone be a perfect superhero?' i said i had to go the bathroom again and posted this. What do??

>>>>>>there's a window I can jump out of if need be
I think we know what he'd do.

She's a hothead.
Go get your gun. Aim at her, then at you.
Crash this date. WITH NO SURVIVORS

sounds about right

Talk about Captain America Civil War.

Check em

Now this is a flight plan I can get into.

Tell her Barry Lyndon is a good film but it is too pretentious, and people who think that it's the best Kubrick are pretentious assholes.

should have said farenheit 451, even though it's not really the best movie it would probably let her know that you know what she's talking about
also you should probably just mention that you don't really fancy the pre-modern era genre of films

i can't believe you went on Sup Forums of all places to ask for help don't bother coming out i'm going home

Fucking kek

GUYS HELP ME IVE BEEN IN HERE 10 MINUTES SHE MIGHT LEAVE

i'm a huge pleb but i wouldve said le cercle doujin rouge

Tell her that point is subjective and change the subject to the pure kino of Ser Christopher Nolan

I'll save you bro!

Tell her you love Louis de Funes films.

Go back. Knock her snacks onto the ground and tear the front of her shirt for her insolence.

"If you're lucky I might lay you. Maybe."

thats a private school photo right?

A group of people didn't all decide to dress like CIA guy, right?

This OP, if anyone ever questions your patrician status just say Godard is a hack then mumble something about jump-cut fucking shits

Its the Werder Bremen football team I think

Bump
I hope you learn a lesson op

If you're gona make a statement as extreme and absurd as
>Godard is a hack
you better have a damn good argument in place to support it.

You should have just said you're not a fan of the French New Wave and switched the subject to cinema you do know

Also always downplay your film knowledge, that way when you make comments about certain movies it will be surprising instead of expected

I'd just tell her the truth. How much you talk out of your ass and how you need to learn a bit more about classic cinema.

Honesty is the best policy in most situations.

You need to learn to think of your feet.

I've never seen Barry Lyndon and have no idea what it's about but I say something like "He's more morally confused than morally complex. His decisions are childish and fail to appease the different aspects of his personality. If that's the point of the movie then I'd say there's no point in watching it because there's nothing to learn from a character like that."

Most of the time these film school students just repeat what their professor told them and can't hold a conversation about a movie if it goes in a different direction so there's a low chance of you getting called out on your bullshit.

Well, stop sperging out first of all.

She clearly knows film better than you, so don't try to best her. Infact, time to rebound and come off as endearing and honest. She'll like that

"Sorry, when I said I was a film connoisseur I was just trying to impress you. I don't know any of Barry Lyndon's work, what do you recommend?"

So you're saying he should...

TELL THE TRUTH!!!

Fuck guys... I went back and the dinner had arrived. I tried to resume the conversation but she said we should just drop it. I asked her a couple questions and she responded with short answers, but for the most part we ate in awkward silence. I asked if she wanted dessert and she said no. She then said she had to go. I told her I had a good time and asked her if she wanted to go out again and watch Civil War. She just snickered and walked away. I didn't even get a kiss.

Pick up shit out of toilet, throw it in her face, scream 'my favorite movie is BARRY LYPOO' run home as fast you can

Real or not in dying. Tell the character reminds you of bad memories. Sympathy points. Refuse to tell her what the memories are

>not one person in this thread recognises this pasta
welp, guess the old-guard have all left...

>Barry Lyndon is better
Better? BETTER? What a fucking idiot.

lol

i didnt remember it until you said it

>implying you remember every dumb piece of shit thats been posted her
cuck!

french new wave is shit but you shouldve just said pierrot le fou (shit flick)

she's a pleb anyways

>"French New Wave?"
Is that a hairdo?

For you

I bet not even Sup Forums would fall for this shitty story.

"patrician" Sup Forums in action

should've just done the power stance and thrown bane quotes at her

I burst laughing, spit in her face whatever food I was chewing and get up. I call her a pleb and start leaving. Since being mocked for your taste is the worst thing to happen these "connoisseurs", the bitch will follow me and do whatever to gain my acceptance. After I have cum all over her feet I say that I only enjoy vidya, the artform of the future and fall laughing into my sleep.

I like Eric Rohmer's Six Moral Tales so much but I'm not sure if I should choose something that better represents the movement. I like La Collectionneuse the most out of the six. Please have sex with me.

You made this thread like last year.

Why do people do this? Are you that bored with your life? You don't even come here for discussion but to tell lies to total strangers?

>like last year.

Try numerous time the past year and a half. Autists are truly odd creatures.