Guys, who do I need to listen to next? clipping. is pretty alright. Plz send help

Guys, who do I need to listen to next? clipping. is pretty alright. Plz send help

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wqi5U0lNDPA
youtube.com/watch?v=haRzBWSgAzo
youtube.com/watch?v=U2Ftfb9QYZQ
nahstuff.bandcamp.com/releases
youtube.com/watch?v=vlaTToeWDHA
youtube.com/watch?v=uOJFhKriSH8
blackieallcapswithspaces.bandcamp.com/album/b-l-a-c-k-i-e-ep-2005
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industrial_hip_hop
youtu.be/vlaTToeWDHA
youtu.be/v54KJ9H2nnc
youtube.com/watch?v=zqHu_t7wX4A
youtube.com/watch?v=p611hMnrGKE
m.youtube.com/watch?v=uHaZiV8Ns6c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

blackie all caps, with spaces

Techno Animal. You can tell they influenced DG a lot, and those dudes were doing really interesting shit back in the 90's. Every other "noise hop" band people claim sounds like DG is garbage.

Fuck off

lol
youtube.com/watch?v=wqi5U0lNDPA

Listen to Nah, closest to their sound.

I love his instrumentals, animalistic.

also, most of their stuff is instrumental btw. But here's one track with vocals
youtube.com/watch?v=haRzBWSgAzo

Giving both a shot. Any particular album I need to go for first?

Brotherhood of the Bomb

Wow, this fucking sucks.

Thanks senpai! I appreciate it.

>listening to blackie live

GEN

Yeah, he's terrible. I genuinely have no idea why people play the "you like Death Grips you should listen to Blackie!" card. Death Grips have more techno and industrial influence than noise... the closest they've ever come to Blackie is ExM which is still 10x better sounding, and Stefan doesn't shout like that dude so I have no idea what these anons are on about.

>listening to blackie ever
I could literally record a blackie album myself in a few hours. His songwriting is practically non-existent. It's just really, really shitty entry level noisy loops and the dude shouting over them, that's it.

Exactly, people think the definition of Death Grips is hip hop and noise. But I feel like people take this inspiration and make just horrible noise oriented beats.

I don't think Death Grips intrumentally are noisy, they have a clean but loud sound. Not straight up white noise and distortion on every instrument.

It's also retarded to compare Clipping and Death Grips. Intrumentally they're more noise, and Daveed's lyrics are no where near as cryptic and loud like Rides. But I'm not saying Daveed sucks, I'm saying they just shouldn't be compared.

atari teenage riot

I don't think anyone can touch the cryptic-ness of Ride. Loudness you're looking at RZA mostly. I think it's the experimental sound side of clipping they compare. Like the Wake Up song.

They shouldn't be compared but desu I'm glad people reccomended me CLPPNG after death grips because I wouldn't have found out about them any other way. I wonder how many other people discovered CLPPNG this way.

they haven't been noisy since TMS (and JD I guess but that's more guitar based), and even then it was still clean sounding. Almost every album post TMS has a really polished, bouncy, unique sound to it that you can't find anywhere else. I swear people drawing the noise-hop comparisons aren't even listening to the music.

I found them through DG too, and saw them live a few months ago. They're great.

Really tho, listen to Nah.

But B L A C K I E came before Death Grips, if anything he inspired them.

youtube.com/watch?v=U2Ftfb9QYZQ

he didn't inspire shit you fucking idiot. There's a reason why he's been making music for almost 10 years and is still playing in parking lots.

I don't understand how someone can be producing for ten years and do the same sound over and over and not improve.

Death Grips stole his sound and took the fame for themselves

Bottomless Pit is their best. They finally found the perfect balance.

because he's just not talented, and nobody wants to work with him because the dude is a joke.

Album or artist?

Most likely doesn't think he needs to. IDK man.

sadly this is what blackie actually believes.

post songs from each for comparison

Leave Andy alone!

nahstuff.bandcamp.com/releases

He used to have a ton of albums but for some reason he compiled it into this big discography album.

I think because he doesn't make too much from his discography being spread out. Instead just put it all together and make it $10.

Emailed him once, he's a nice guy.

blackie

youtube.com/watch?v=vlaTToeWDHA

death grips

youtube.com/watch?v=uOJFhKriSH8

can't you hear they totally stole his sound?

blackieallcapswithspaces.bandcamp.com/album/b-l-a-c-k-i-e-ep-2005

I'm pretty sure there's a way to tell when something was posted but I can't remember. Bandcamp wasnt even founded until 2007

Those sound nothing like each other

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industrial_hip_hop

Thanks for doing the legwork for me too.

youtu.be/vlaTToeWDHA
youtu.be/v54KJ9H2nnc

They sound nothing alike.

Blackie is just repeating the same sample in three different pitches and later includes some glitching.

DG has WAY more going on intrumentally and much better pacing.

see

that's actually one of my least favorite DG songs but it's still a million times better than blackie

and not even launched until 2008

just tryiong to pin down when and how death grips would've even heard blackie

not to mention I seem to remember I heard some pre death grip stefan stuff that didnt exactly sound dissimilar

youtube is showing blackie's earliest upload is only 5 years ago

Is there even any proof that some of his stuff is really that old?

Whoever it was that recommended me Nah. this is phenomenal. Jesus Christ.

No one's comparing how good they sound, I'm just showing that DG copied B L A C K I E 's flow, style of yelling, and production.

I know, I love him, been listening to him for a few years. I wish you could've experienced the way I did which was going through his albums individually, it had great flow.

Zach was playing in Hella and various projects, Andy was producing local bands and making techno music, Stefan was painting and doing whatever else. I have a hard time believing any of them came across some no-name noise hop guy from Texas and decided to ""steal his sound"", and based on what I've gathered from their taste in music I doubt they'd even enjoy him. Andy loves Fugazi and /bleep/ stuff, Zach likes Animal Collective, Stefan likes black metal and grindcore.

He faked his release dates, industrial hip hop didn't even exist before Death Grips came along.

lol yeah man

youtube.com/watch?v=zqHu_t7wX4A

B L A C K I E 's influence really shows if you compare that video to any current Death Grips song.

Nice. This sounds even more like blackie desu
youtube.com/watch?v=p611hMnrGKE

>industrial hip hop didn't even exist before Death Grips came along.
lol

but that was before Blackie

Why aren't you capitalizing and spacing out his name, is it really that hard?

>industrial hip hop didn't even exist before Death Grips

Try Julian Casablancas+The Voidz or Jenny Death

cost analysis dictates yes it is

Go a different direction, listen to this.

lmao this is one of my favorite recent albums but wtf are you doing man

HO99O9 and Saul Williams

m.youtube.com/watch?v=uHaZiV8Ns6c

hahahaha lad